Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Download 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleandcynicism)
    Got my weekend ticket Already. I've seen Metallica twice and they've been awesome both times (and the Black Album live? **** yeah!), and Black Sabbath is making me so exicted I'm in constant need of new pants. I severely hope Tony Iommi doesn't suffer from his cancer and is unable to play It really hit me hard to hear.

Just can't stand the guys in Metallica, and am extremely indifferent to their material post MOP, which isn't that great IMO.

Not paying £180 to see Black Sabbath as much as I want to see them, if by some miracle I get enough money for a festival I'm going to Hellfest in France. More my sort of stuff, prefer all the metal there to the normal modern **** at Download, (slipknot and linkin park last year...**** off)

http://www.hellfest.fr/ Alcest, amon amarth, brutal truth, anaal nathrakh, cannibal corpse, nasum, napalm death, benediction, origin, winterfylleth? AWWWWWWWW YEAH
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will beat Download's 2006 lineup. Nothing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the record, Hellfest 2011 was better than this year has to offer. Then again all the festivals this year have blown fairly cold so far. Sonisphere will either announce something incredible, or it'll be **** like 2011 was.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Just can't stand the guys in Metallica, and am extremely indifferent to their material post MOP, which isn't that great IMO.

Not paying £180 to see Black Sabbath as much as I want to see them, if by some miracle I get enough money for a festival I'm going to Hellfest in France. More my sort of stuff, prefer all the metal there to the normal modern **** at Download, (slipknot and linkin park last year...**** off)

http://www.hellfest.fr/ Alcest, amon amarth, brutal truth, anaal nathrakh, cannibal corpse, nasum, napalm death, benediction, origin, winterfylleth? AWWWWWWWW YEAH
    I wasn't mocking you for your music taste or anything like that, far from it. Of course you can have your own music taste, but you can't expect to post condescending posts like that and not expect a bit of backlash. Being overtly snobbish on music just makes you look like a bit of a jerk, which from what I've seen from you here on TSR you're not.

But in all fairness, Amon Amarth, Benediction, Cannibal Corpse and especially Napalm Death did just make my mouth water
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_master616)
    For the record, Hellfest 2011 was better than this year has to offer. Then again all the festivals this year have blown fairly cold so far. Sonisphere will either announce something incredible, or it'll be **** like 2011 was.
    it probably was, but this year it has anaal nathrakh which more than makes up for the lack of bolt thrower
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Terrible line up. Glad I don't have to go ever again.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any rumours as to what acts may be announced?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_master616)
    Hardly anything has been announced for any festivals this year. You seem to be missing the fact that people have varied tastes in music. You thinking Sonisphere 2011 was **** does not make it so for everyone. Same with every other comment you made.

(Original post by Rant)
    Terrible line up. Glad I don't have to go ever again.
    You never had to go in the first place, what's the problem?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleandcynicism)
    Anyone know any rumours as to what acts may be announced?
    Best place to look is probably here: http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/f181.aspx

In particular the Rumour Round Up thread.

Ignore the 'leaked announcement' thread. That guy has been known to troll announcements previously. Though it's basically some of the top rumours, so he may get a few right.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Slipknot didnt play last year, or the year before.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Slipknot didnt play last year, or the year before.
    had it confused with sonisphere, which other than the friday was pretty **** as well by my tastes. And I've seen Slayer, and the other 4 are past their best.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Best place to look is probably here: http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/f181.aspx

In particular the Rumour Round Up thread.

Ignore the 'leaked announcement' thread. That guy has been known to troll announcements previously. Though it's basically some of the top rumours, so he may get a few right.
    Hoping to see any of the following:

Mastodon
    Letlive
    Refused
    ****ed Up
    Soulfly
    Skindred
    Rise Against
    Machine Head
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    Beastie Boys
    Slash
    Darkest Hour
    City & Colour
    The Nightwatchman (Or Street Sweeper Social Club)
    Steel Panther
    Dropkick Murphys
    Bad Brains
    Cancer Bats
    Trash Talk
    King Blues
    Gojira
    You Me At Six
    Trivium
    The Dillinger Escape Plan

Some are very unlikely thou. :woo:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    had it confused with sonisphere, which other than the friday was pretty **** as well by my tastes. And I've seen Slayer, and the other 4 are past their best.
    The no band clashes system at Sonisphere has put me off going. If I dont like a band thats on, it doesnt sound appealing to have to stand around for their set to finish at another stage.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anything has been announced for any festivals this year. You seem to be missing the fact that people have varied tastes in music. You thinking Sonisphere 2011 was **** does not make it so for everyone. Same with every other comment you made.

You never had to go in the first place, what's the problem?
    It was the only way to see SOAD tbh. I hate festivals though... filthy conditions, too many people, overly expensive and just... ugh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't ever bother with a festival I don't think.

The crowd is half the experience, and they're never there to see the band you want to see, which means you get a dead crowd and that really dampens the experience.

Intimate shows with dedicated crowds >>>>>> festivals.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I feel physically sick, and I used to think that Download was actually hardcore...LOL

Best band that's ever played at Download:

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Existentialistic)
    I feel physically sick, and I used to think that Download was actually hardcore...LOL
    You only have yourself to blame. It never has been, nor has it ever claimed to be.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that the headliners may not appeal to everyone. However this does not take away from the reality that you have one of the biggest british bands in recent years (The Prodigy), biggest metal band of all time (Metallica) and the most important metal act in history (Black Sabbath) playing the festival. I think in terms of headliners Download are on top this year.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    I can understand that the headliners may not appeal to everyone. However this does not take away from the reality that you have one of the biggest british bands in recent years (The Prodigy), biggest metal band of all time (Metallica) and the most important metal act in history (Black Sabbath) playing the festival. I think in terms of headliners Download are on top this year.
    Agreed. The only band I am really bothered about are The Prodigy as I've never seen them live and have always wanted to. Metallica I saw at Sonisphere last year, so if there is something else on then I'm not bothered about missing them. Black Sabbath, not fussed, might watch a bit then head back to camp if there is nothing else on. But I appreciate how important they are and the impact they have had on metal. The bookings are, without a doubt, very impressive. Anyone who tries to deny that because of their taste in music is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Not to mention the fact this is just 3 bands out of 100+. You cannot judge a festival on that alone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. The only band I am really bothered about are The Prodigy as I've never seen them live and have always wanted to. Metallica I saw at Sonisphere last year, so if there is something else on then I'm not bothered about missing them. Black Sabbath, not fussed, might watch a bit then head back to camp if there is nothing else on. But I appreciate how important they are and the impact they have had on metal. The bookings are, without a doubt, very impressive. Anyone who tries to deny that because of their taste in music is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Not to mention the fact this is just 3 bands out of 100+. You cannot judge a festival on that alone.
    So true. I am holding out for some amazing bands on the third stage again this year. :yep:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.