Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Download 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    That's one of the most ridiculous annoyances I've ever heard. Fair enough if the three headliners were questionable in size, but they are not at all. Download has 5 headliner sized bands on the line up, obviously they can't all headline. The fact that a band as big as Soundgarden don't have such a massive ego and are happy to accept a sub-headline spot is even more positive. Opening for Black Sabbath is the most perfect spot for them on the line up.

I think Rammstein will be heading to Sonisphere again this year, given that Download already has 5 headline sized bands. There's not much left for Sonisphere :p:
    Fair enough
    Yeah Sonisphere will end up with a random line-up if Download doesn't stop taking all the good 'uns!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    That's one of the most ridiculous annoyances I've ever heard. Fair enough if the three headliners were questionable in size, but they are not at all. Download has 5 headliner sized bands on the line up, obviously they can't all headline. The fact that a band as big as Soundgarden don't have such a massive ego and are happy to accept a sub-headline spot is even more positive. Opening for Black Sabbath is the most perfect spot for them on the line up.
    Yeah, I'm happy for them supporting BS-I think SG are massive fans right? But still, I think SG have made better music than BS but I guess it's the legacy of them. I just guess it's less playtime from SG which is a bit disappointing. I've heard people saying they're not big enough for a UK headline slot which is a load of ****. I guess most people who say that are your average indie kids which seem to rule over festivals nowadays. Still....they have their new album so I'm sure we'll see more of them. And at least they're not doing Reading/Leeds....well they better not....

I've heard about FNM at Soni, which is really exciting. Missed them at DL, and would never go to Reading (where everyone is like 16 and would rather see bands like 2 door cinema club and jamie t...), so fingers crossed for them heading here...my wallet's gonna be hurt bad if they do...I hope soni do day tickets because I've heard Kiss and Van Halen are strong rumours too...but still I'd go through that pain just to see FNM. But then again I've heard possibility of tool, green day and rage doing it too.....hmmmmm.....I could ramble on for ages....
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    New updated lineup, guys.

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saw that earlier but I couldn't find the thread to post it in at the time. I am particularly looking forward to seeing the Chuckle Brothers headlining second stage :p:

In other news, next announcement 9am Wednesday. Looking like 12+ bands to be announced.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went last year on the Sunday and really enjoyed it, I'm a fan of Disturbed and Rob Zombie though and both were immense. Love BFS and Buckcherry too so it made for a great day even if Linkin Park (bleurgh!) were headlining.

This year theres no bands on the list so far that I feel I really need to see. If Alter Bridge come back again I might be tempted.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Went last year on the Sunday and really enjoyed it, I'm a fan of Disturbed and Rob Zombie though and both were immense. Love BFS and Buckcherry too so it made for a great day even if Linkin Park (bleurgh!) were headlining.

This year theres no bands on the list so far that I feel I really need to see. If Alter Bridge come back again I might be tempted.
    Not sure about Alter Bridge but Slash is heavily rumoured to be playing (with Myles Kennedy on vocals of course) if that is good enough?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Won't be Alter Bridge, Mark's working on his solo stuff and I think it's a Creed year. I'm missing Download myself this year, I found it way too much effort last year as did all my mates after it being our third on the trot so we're just taking a year out to rebuild our festival spirits. Might do a day at Sonisphere though to see QOTSA <3<3<3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Download has fallen a long way from what it used to be. RIP.

Hellfest all the way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Download nowadays are for people who have not long discovered metal or indeed rock music. Some of the bands that have gone over the past few years have been nothing short of laughable.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo donkey)
    Won't be Alter Bridge, Mark's working on his solo stuff and I think it's a Creed year. I'm missing Download myself this year, I found it way too much effort last year as did all my mates after it being our third on the trot so we're just taking a year out to rebuild our festival spirits. Might do a day at Sonisphere though to see QOTSA &lt;3&lt;3&lt;3
    Where has it been announced who's playing Sonisphere? Or are you just assuming based on rumours?

(Original post by Mr_pibbs)
    Download nowadays are for people who have not long discovered metal or indeed rock music. Some of the bands that have gone over the past few years have been nothing short of laughable.
    This isn't the Mr_pibbs festival. Nor is it a strictly metal/rock festival. Your points make no sense. If you don't like it, you don't go. Not difficult is it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bah I think I've seen a fake Soni poster and assumed it's real. I feel silly now.

Sorry ;_;
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha thought I'd missed something there with Soni. I think there's a good chance of them being there though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd sell my arm to see QOTSA for a 4th time, so annoyed at their last tour selling out so fast and being touted even faster
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    So excited for the next announcement
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    So how expensive is this going to be, exactly? The website says **** all about it.

A mate of mine asked me if I want to go and I don't actually see the point in spending almost £200 for the "privilege" of seeing about 5 bands (the ones I like) over a weekend.

A couple of years ago a ticket for Rebellion cost me £90, which worked out at £22.50 a day. According to Last.fm there were 144 bands there over the 4 day weekend, so that works out 36 bands a day.
    Spread over 4 stages, that's 9 bands on each stage each day.
    So for just over £20 a day you get to see at least 9 bands (more if you have good timing concerning leaving one stage in order to get to another) a day. 9 decent bands a day. Plus it wasn't all that packed.

Needless to say I doubt I'll be going to Download
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll be looking at probably 160-180 quid for your weekend ticket, not including everything else
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    So how expensive is this going to be, exactly? The website says **** all about it.
    There is a big banner in the middle of the website saying 'BUY TICKETS' which brings up the ticket prices...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Todays 14 band announcement:
    Slash w/ Myles Kennedy
    Megadeth
    Rise Against
    Steel Panther
    Black Label Society
    Kyuss Lives!
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Fear Factory
    Periphery
    Terrorvision
    Ginger Wildheart
    As I Lay Dying
    Reckless Love
    Billy Talent

Great to see Slash in a slot he deserves! But pretty gutted it's clashing with Prodigy :sad:
    Billy Talent I would have expected to be a bit higher since they headlined second stage last time, but I guess considering the size of some of the other bands on main stage, 4th down on main is still a good spot for them, if a bit of a short set. I would imagine around 45-50mins, as 3rd down are all apparently getting a hour slot (I've heard the arena is opening a couple of hours earlier this year, which would account for these extended slots).

All in all though, another fantastic announcement! Tickets go up in price tomorrow, so if this announcement is enough to sway you, buy it today!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kyuss Lives! is a sweet addition, was hoping they would play. Didn't realise Megadeth announced had been announced too...Sunday is looking good for me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    Kyuss Lives! is a sweet addition, was hoping they would play. Didn't realise Megadeth announced had been announced too...Sunday is looking good for me!
    Yeah I'm going for Sunday too....I mean Soundgarden and Kyuss (though minus JH) and BS is worth my money.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.