Milton Keynes

Feb 2012 W100 people over here!

Scroll to see replies

^ Good Luck
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 221
BAH! Yep, full on tonsillitis. Poor little poppet was up all night with a 40 temp & feeling really rubbish & has spent the day on the sofa in front of the TV refusing to eat or drink anything. Had to miss my lecture & looks like she'll be home for at least a couple of days next week. Bum.

Why did I say I'd take on a law degree now???
^ Awww, hope she feels better soon :smile:
Hi all new here,

Just a quick question on my final draft on ETMa and don't know whether to rearrange it all how has everyone laid out their ETMa have u seperated the person and the offences they committed or not commtited then gone on to the next person

Thank You
Denise :s-smilie:
I separated them yes :smile:
Reply 225
GAH! I've worked on it & worked on it & my word count is still only 590!

How are you getting it close to 1000?? Unless I copy out the whole stories & acts I can't see how to do it! I'm sure I'm not missing anything! GAH!!!
Reply 226
As long as you think you have covered everything then I wouldn't worry too much. I got to 699 but probably added some fluff somewhere.

Hope your little one gets better soon. My son has just gone back to pre-school after being off ill for 2 weeks so with my son being ill and subsequently my husband, I have only managed to get in 2 hours of study in the entire 2 week period just gone!
Reply 227
I got up to 865 words this morning. I'll have one last read through & see if I can get another 100 somewhere but if not that'll do. It's just worried me that my tutor said er as close as you can as the word count has been calculated on giving the best answer...

She's much better today, will be back at school tomorrow so back to normal life. Which is good as I too have done hardly anything the last week with half term!
Reply 228
891 words.

eTMA01 submitted at last!

I feel sick! :s-smilie:

First piece of actual homework to be marked & could mean a pass or fail in something for the first time in 19 years. That is bloody terrifying! LOL! I'm sure it wasn't that nervewracking at school! Scribbling coursework on the bus in the day it's due having not actually looked at it all term really didn't seem a stress! Could it be I've finally..... matured??? :eek:
Reply 229
I think I am happy with mine now - I keep putting off submitting it!!! I have a total of 978 words - but imagine I have probably babbled a bit! Quite pleased with myself really!

Am finding it hard to fit in the time to get this done too - my toddler doesnt seem to want to sleep until 930pm and I cannot get any kind of writing equipment or book out before then as he likes to be involved which is just not possible when I am taking notes etc!

I cannot decide wether to just submit it now or re read tommorrow but I am happy with it and I do not want to add further babble haa!xxx

Hope everyone is getting on ok! xxxx
good luck everyone, when do you think we'll get our marks back??
Reply 231
At a guess I'd say two weeks. Clairelou, did you submit yours early like me? What was your word count? I must say I'm rather worried that I only reached 699 words now. Everyone else seems to have achieved a word count much closer to the 1000 expected. I've almost completed the second tma and have found it was much easier to reach the 1500 words for this one.
I submitted mine a few weeks ago :smile: had a word count of around 560 words... I'm doing better with the second assignment though thank goodness. :smile:)
Reply 233
Clairelou, with reference to part of question 2 when it asks to explain how law is made in parliament. It took me a while to decide whether I should explain the procedural stages a Bill goes through in order to become an Act or to explain the different sources of law, such as private members bills, royal commissions, emergency and crisis etc. I went with the sources of law as I was able to offer some examples of laws made by these sources. What about you?
Reply 234
HI everyone,
hope you can help me.
Can I citate out of the Act itself when I explain my answer?
Oh and it says to give a word count after each assignment, does that mean after each question? Sorry to ask stupid questions but I really dont want to get points taken off because of something so stupid.
Thanks everyone
Reply 235
Original post by ebbajay
HI everyone,
hope you can help me.
Can I citate out of the Act itself when I explain my answer?
Oh and it says to give a word count after each assignment, does that mean after each question? Sorry to ask stupid questions but I really dont want to get points taken off because of something so stupid.
Thanks everyone

On eTMA01? No. It says only use the materials provided & the sections given.

My tutor said it's just the total word count at the end.
Reply 236
Thanks for your answer. Yes I mean the first etma.
I mean out of the Act itself which is
given in the boxes.
I keep re writing it now for three weeks and have only like 44 words in the first question and a bit more for the second.
Reply 237
Me too, pretty much struggling to get my words up and i can't bring myself to submit it! I'm so scared of it being wrong!
Reply 238
yes me too.
I wrote these answers so many times and it never seems right. So annoying.
We have till friday midnight, right?
I think i will submit just before time is running out.
I seem to start all the sentences the same way which sounds so very wrong.
Help.lol
Original post by legalboo
Clairelou, with reference to part of question 2 when it asks to explain how law is made in parliament. It took me a while to decide whether I should explain the procedural stages a Bill goes through in order to become an Act or to explain the different sources of law, such as private members bills, royal commissions, emergency and crisis etc. I went with the sources of law as I was able to offer some examples of laws made by these sources. What about you?

Haven't got that far yet, I've been pretty ill this week so haven't really done much work on it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest