hey, i'm applying for conflict, peace and security, and i haven't received any offer yet (my application was sent on the 26th of october). i'm really nervous! kent would be my firm, and i really want them to make me an offer...
(Original post by Prisonbreak94)
Well, what are your predicted grades and the entry requirements like? What are your reasons for wanting Kent the most?
1) i like the content of the course (i'm applying to conflict, peace and security, a branch of IR).. i really want to work at the UN, and one of the students' testimonials for C,P and S included a job at the headquarter in new york.. kind of a dream for me
2) being it a more 'specific course', i'm less worried about the competition to enter it, and i'd bet on it, there will be fewer girls applying :P
3) i went to the open day and the campus is amazing, and canterbury is lovely.. coming from the south of italy means being in love with the sun, so i thought "maybe in canterbury it's less rainy and cloudy, and.. it's warmer!"
4) they offer a scholarship of 2000 pounds/year to almost everyone :P
5) they offer a scholarship for musically talented students (no matter the subject) of 5000 pounds a year, and i've been studying singing for almost 4 years...
6) their entrance requirements are not SO high, and the teaching quality is really good, along with the facilities and the activities..
in italy we don't have predicted grades, it's a very weird system indeed... in fact i didn't put them in the box, although my referee has been emailed from nottingham.. they wanted to know it (we just have an overall grade). The bad thing is that we can't choose subjects, and your education is left to your teachers' mood.. i will have ten modules at the final exam, which will be both written and spoken. out of 100, if i do well this year i can get 86... but i don't really think so, and on kent's website they say they want 83!
(i'm ****ting myself, i hate my school! i should have come to the uk to do A levels)