The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

How Is the Education in Cass Business School?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by scarletyeah
I have just read through this entire post. I am literally devastated that the majority of people here do not agree that the Business School is very good. It is my top choice because of the reputation I've heard about the University. It worries me that it may be the wrong choice now, but seriously, how bad is this university?
Has anyone actually had major problems?

I have been waiting to go to university my whole life, the last thing I want to be doing is transferring from a silly choice.

The other options I have other this university is, University of Southampton, University of Cardiff, University of Westminster and Solent University.

I've put my heart in to this university, I am just really worried now.
If anyone can give guidance I'd be grateful!

Among your choice, the CASS business school is the best. I am a graduate of top 6 or 7 business school in the UK but I personally rank CASS within top 5 according to their quality and standard of teaching.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Like many of the previous people who responded to this post, I'm becoming increasingly more confused.

I've applied to Cass, Warwick, Lancaster and Glasgow. Warwick is definitely my first choice, if I'm accepted that is. Just got an unconditional offer from Lancaster yesterday, but I was torn between Cass and Lancaster. But based on this thread, it seems like Cass's undergraduate program is that good, but their masters are alright?
Reply 42
Cass's programmes are excellent. They are ranked number 1 for business and finance courses in London and 3rd in the UK. We have big employers coming over ALL THE TIME. I am a final year actuarial science student at Cass and when applying to jobs, a lot of companies have Cass listed separately to City when you choose your University because they recognise that Cass is in its own league. Their actuarial science course and Insurance/Investment/Real Estate are especially good.

For the record I chose Cass over LSE and UCL because the course is widely recognised and they are big on making you employable as opposed to just being academic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello everyone!
I'm on my A2 year now and I got 4 offers from CASS, Bath, Nottingham and Brunel for NN34 Accounting and Finance. I was rejected by LSE. Im thinking about my first choice. Should I choose CASS or should I choose Bath university instead? I did want to study Accounting and Finance in London b/c I thought it may be helpful to finding some experienced jobs for my CV. What do you think?
p/s: I'm confident that I can get at least A*AA (b/c I did finish my A-level Math in single year with an A*) that means I can meet the requirements of all those unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by bigworld1994
Hello everyone!
I'm on my A2 year now and I got 4 offers from CASS, Bath, Nottingham and Brunel for NN34 Accounting and Finance. I was rejected by LSE. Im thinking about my first choice. Should I choose CASS or should I choose Bath university instead? I did want to study Accounting and Finance in London b/c I thought it may be helpful to finding some experienced jobs for my CV. What do you think?
p/s: I'm confident that I can get at least A*AA (b/c I did finish my A-level Math in single year with an A*) that means I can meet the requirements of all those unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely CASS as they take a good advantage on being in central London over the other universities. They are surrounded by big financial firms and they are not far away from the Canari Wharf where the best city jobs are. Bath has a very good student life too. However I am not sure if they can compete with CASS for job prospect in finance. Justly friendly recommendation. :smile:
Original post by auto9817
Definitely CASS as they take a good advantage on being in central London over the other universities. They are surrounded by big financial firms and they are not far away from the Canari Wharf where the best city jobs are. Bath has a very good student life too. However I am not sure if they can compete with CASS for job prospect in finance. Justly friendly recommendation. :smile:

Thanks for your advice :smile: I'm going to choose CASS. I've stayed in London for 2 years and loved the city :smile: I was just little bit worried when I read that topic and all of the comments above.
Reply 46
Original post by scarletyeah
I have just read through this entire post. I am literally devastated that the majority of people here do not agree that the Business School is very good. It is my top choice because of the reputation I've heard about the University. It worries me that it may be the wrong choice now, but seriously, how bad is this university?
Has anyone actually had major problems?

I have been waiting to go to university my whole life, the last thing I want to be doing is transferring from a silly choice.

The other options I have other this university is, University of Southampton, University of Cardiff, University of Westminster and Solent University.

I've put my heart in to this university, I am just really worried now.
If anyone can give guidance I'd be grateful!

Hi,

I'm a student at Cass. I had offers from Bath, King's and York. I chose Cass based on advise that was given to me from some very qualified and experienced professionals in the industry here in the City.

One of them has sat in interview panels when recruiting new graduates for jobs at RBS and KPMG. This person is an Oxford MBA, and also a US CPA from an IV league university in the States. He told me that Cass has an excellent reputation for preparing students to perfectly fit into industry. Our syllabus is constantly being updated to meet the demands of the industry.

Most other business schools (and to be honest, none of the other schools you've listed even matches close to the reputation or ranks of Cass) have a very conventional approach to teaching which is heavily reliant on theory. Practical development is evident in almost every subject taught at Cass.

This was more than enough information to convince me that Cass indeed was the best choice among the offers I had. I can personally assure you that the teaching standards are very high, workload is heavy and challenging - which you should expect from any good business school, and it's an awesome learning environment. Hope this helps you make a decision.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by bigworld1994
Thanks for your advice :smile: I'm going to choose CASS. I've stayed in London for 2 years and loved the city :smile: I was just little bit worried when I read that topic and all of the comments above.

Don't be worried. You're making the right choice. Read my previous post for further assurance :smile: Good luck!
Reply 48
Hello fellow-students!

I have been following this thread for some time now and really appreciate all the valuable responses to it!

I just received an offer from Cass Business School (MSc. in Investment Management) and received a similar offer from EDHEC in Nice, France. I'm awaiting the results of Stockholm School of Economics. How would you guys rank these three business school in terms of quality of education, reputation and career prospects from an international viewpoint?

I'm a 22 year old Dutch guy, hoping to land a challenging job position in the investment industry.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 49
Hi,

I recently got a conditional from Cass for the Management course.
I want to know how hard and intensive this course is, so I can make my choice to study here.
Reply 50
Original post by ysouren
Hello fellow-students!

I have been following this thread for some time now and really appreciate all the valuable responses to it!

I just received an offer from Cass Business School (MSc. in Investment Management) and received a similar offer from EDHEC in Nice, France. I'm awaiting the results of Stockholm School of Economics. How would you guys rank these three business school in terms of quality of education, reputation and career prospects from an international viewpoint?

I'm a 22 year old Dutch guy, hoping to land a challenging job position in the investment industry.

Thanks for your help!

It is hard to make a choice on university you going to study next 3 to 4 years. My advice is to look at some attributes of university: 1) academic reputation in your chosen subject, 2) location, 3) student life, 4) your budget, 5) difficulty to get admission, 6) language for teaching. I don't have much knowledge on EDHEC and Stockholm university. However, education in English is advantageous if you want to get a job in English Speaking countries such as USA and UK. Especially if you are graduate from the country, you get more chance to be employed in that country for sure. It is because employers assume that you know about the countries culture.
Reply 51
Original post by ysouren
Hello fellow-students!

Thanks for your help!

I did some research over the University ranking for both UK and world ranking for Business courses. I hope this is helpful for someone thinking to apply for Business and Finance related courses in their first and second degree. Visit the link below: ========================================================================================================================= Guardian University guide

Business study and Management league table

City university (CASS business school) ranked 2nd place in UK. (Oxford is 1st place)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-business-management-studies
CASS business school is ranked 16th in European Business school ranking

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings-2012

CASS business school is ranked 30th in The economist world MBA ranking.

http://www.economist.com/whichmba/full-time-mba-ranking

CASS business school is ranked is ranked 40th in World MBA ranking

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2013
Reply 52
Finance related subjects: cass>lse
Other related subjects: lse>Cass
Reply 53
The logo and showoff stuff you mentioned just show the difference between Cass and LSE from one perspective. Cass let me understand what's the meaning of "professional". Cass is not a university that cultivate you to be a top academia but a professional with solid professional knowledge and skills. It gives you the skills that you need for your interviews and work. If you are a top talent like Hawking, don't come to here as it's a rubbish school for you. But if you are just a graduate want to gain an upper hand in the banking or finance-related job market. Cass is one of the good choices.

BTW I got offer from LSE warwick Cass......St Andrews, york,bath............... and I choose Cass. And now I have a quant job. :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by arthurhuo
Hi "ILikeProperThings"

I am a Chinese student recently graduate from Cass and I guess I am one of the "foreigners" that make you angry about Cass. What shall I say using my "chinky" english.

First things first - this is a two year old thread... Granted, she's an absolute pie who's ignorance and arrogance bewilders me. She has a lot of growing up to do and she'll learn the hard way if her attitude doesn't change but at no point was she racist and for you to suggest otherwise discredits you, not her.

Congratulations on the job offer! And I'm sure there are people out there that will find your advice useful.
Reply 55
Original post by pmc:producer
First things first - this is a two year old thread... Granted, she's an absolute pie who's ignorance and arrogance bewilders me. She has a lot of growing up to do and she'll learn the hard way if her attitude doesn't change but at no point was she racist and for you to suggest otherwise discredits you, not her.

Congratulations on the job offer! And I'm sure there are people out there that will find your advice useful.

Apology for my rude reply... too angry seeing those prejudiced comment but my comment indeed needs editing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by s_kohli
Hi,

I recently got a conditional from Cass for the Management course.
I want to know how hard and intensive this course is, so I can make my choice to study here.
Congratulation for your conditional offer!! So far, many foundation and A level students around me either rejected by CASS or they were scared to apply CASS due to their high entry requirement. Whatever the league table say, it is tough to enter the London based Business school. CASS in one of the three business school in the London. As a management, business and finance student, studying in the proper business school is one of the label will follow you forever in your career. You should be very proud of yourself. So don't put it off. All the best.
Reply 57
For anyone doubting Cass, heres 2013 stats for M&A and Markets recruitment

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/145537/the-best-universities-for-jobs-in-trading-ma-and-risk/
Original post by mi_reefy
Hi,

I'm a student at Cass. I had offers from Bath, King's and York. I chose Cass based on advise that was given to me from some very qualified and experienced professionals in the industry here in the City.

One of them has sat in interview panels when recruiting new graduates for jobs at RBS and KPMG. This person is an Oxford MBA, and also a US CPA from an IV league university in the States. He told me that Cass has an excellent reputation for preparing students to perfectly fit into industry. Our syllabus is constantly being updated to meet the demands of the industry.

Most other business schools (and to be honest, none of the other schools you've listed even matches close to the reputation or ranks of Cass) have a very conventional approach to teaching which is heavily reliant on theory. Practical development is evident in almost every subject taught at Cass.

This was more than enough information to convince me that Cass indeed was the best choice among the offers I had. I can personally assure you that the teaching standards are very high, workload is heavy and challenging - which you should expect from any good business school, and it's an awesome learning environment. Hope this helps you make a decision.

Good luck! :smile:

For the undergraduate education, compared with Durham University,which one should I choose? I got offers from both schools.
Reply 59
Original post by sarahlu1997
For the undergraduate education, compared with Durham University,which one should I choose? I got offers from both schools.

Durham itself is a very good university, the business school is, however, not one of the very best business schools in the country. Cass is much better & more respected in comparison to Durham's Business degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending