The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

How Is the Education in Cass Business School?

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, im stuck with either Banking and internaition finance at Cass, A&F at warwick or A&F at lse. This is throught ucas extra and I was wondering, what are my chances of getting into any of them? I am predicted A*A*A a level and have 2A3B at As,5A*Ac at gcse. Thanks
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 121
I am a cass graduate. I did both my under graduate and post graduate there. I think they where very good for me, andprepared me really well for a career in banking and entrepreneurship.

I have worked for prestigious banks from UK, Switzerland, USA, Luxembourg, Canada and the Caribean. Despite waves of layoffs in banking, my skills remained in demand.

If you are driven, and you want to get into banking, and oyou are prepared to put in the work and the hours..Cass is not an easy ride.. then cass maybe for you. If you don't know where you are going, or are lazy.. then apply elsewhere.working in banking is stressful and long hours are the norm.

Some cass graduates are entrepreneurs, like stelios at easy jet. Some are shipping magnates, insurance brokers, hotel owners. Other former collegues are senior managers or directors at top banks and financial institutions. When u need a job..it a network you can count on. Cass teaches you how to make money and how to look after yourself in a dog eats dog world of international finance. I highly recommend it for people jo want to achieve something and have a desire to work in international banking and finance.
Hey everyone,
I've achieved grades of A*AA for my A-levels including an A in Maths with 7A*2A at GCSE and 8.0 in iELTS. I just sent off my UCAS application last week to Cass as well as LSE. What do you reckon my chances are of getting into these two institutions, considering that my extra-curricular activities were extensive and that I've specified how to utilise my gap year constructively?
Original post by RehanJak98
Hey everyone,
I've achieved grades of A*AA for my A-levels including an A in Maths with 7A*2A at GCSE and 8.0 in iELTS. I just sent off my UCAS application last week to Cass as well as LSE. What do you reckon my chances are of getting into these two institutions, considering that my extra-curricular activities were extensive and that I've specified how to utilise my gap year constructively?

Stay away from Cass! After years of neglecting student feedback, the school is basically imploding, and in a heavy downward spiral ranking-wise
Original post by vikke123
Stay away from Cass! After years of neglecting student feedback, the school is basically imploding, and in a heavy downward spiral ranking-wise

what do you think my odds are though for cass and for lse?

i'm at Cass, you will get in.

As for LSE, they are unpredictable. they reject straight a* students with gold Duke of Edinburgh certificates.

Do not go to Cass, trust me.

I also reckon you'll easily get into Cass, the level of some of the student's they let in is ridiculous. However, as said above, do not go to Cass. In case you don't get into any of them, you would be better off doing an online course
I also reckon you'll easily get into Cass, the level of some of the student's they let in is ridiculous. However, as said above, do not go to Cass. In case you don't get into any of them, you would be better off doing an online course

YES TO THIS SO MUCH!!!!!

I have ended up in Cass due to personal circumstances and not wanting to resit my a levels...

(HELP ME!)

The level of some of the students here is ridiculous. I have people in my year who don't understand the most basic things.

I kind of wish I could transfer mid term
Original post by ecomicat
YES TO THIS SO MUCH!!!!!

I have ended up in Cass due to personal circumstances and not wanting to resit my a levels...

(HELP ME!)

The level of some of the students here is ridiculous. I have people in my year who don't understand the most basic things.

What year are you in? If you're still in your first then I think some universities may accept transfer into year 2 as long as you meet their initial entry criteria.
Although you may feel your peers somewhat downgrade the quality of your uni, I wouldn't say that is something you should weigh on. Honestly, yes banks will filter by ranking of university. If you don't already know, unless you're in Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL or Warwick, you won't get that much different treatment to other Russel group universities. Actually if the quality of students in your uni aren't to your expectations it'll just make it that much easier for you to stand out.
Original post by Blelow88
What year are you in? If you're still in your first then I think some universities may accept transfer into year 2 as long as you meet their initial entry criteria.
Although you may feel your peers somewhat downgrade the quality of your uni, I wouldn't say that is something you should weigh on. Honestly, yes banks will filter by ranking of university. If you don't already know, unless you're in Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL or Warwick, you won't get that much different treatment to other Russel group universities. Actually if the quality of students in your uni aren't to your expectations it'll just make it that much easier for you to stand out.

This is simply not true. The weak job performance of your peers will of course reflect onto you in the end. My friends and I were very clear on that, if we were ever on the other side of table (hiring), we would simply disregard Cass candidates, as Cass students don't really learn much.
This is simply not true. The weak job performance of your peers will of course reflect onto you in the end. My friends and I were very clear on that, if we were ever on the other side of table (hiring), we would simply disregard Cass candidates, as Cass students don't really learn much.

and vice versa.

I spent this whole term working on a project for four people, all myself. Got a first on it, so did they...

It's true, Cass hardly teaches
YES TO THIS SO MUCH!!!!!

(HELP ME!)

Sorry but what aspect of Cass are you dissatisfied with? Just wondering because I study there as well.
Original post by zzFishstick
Sorry but what aspect of Cass are you dissatisfied with? Just wondering because I study there as well.

A few things:

-the teachers are okay, but I find the syllabus weak in comparison to other universities which have a similar ranking

-the grading system is crap

-this is a negative for me, may be a positive for others, but the content is 'softish'

-they let in a lot of people on clearance/low grades (for internationals mainly), this is clear in class.
Reply 133
A few things:

-the teachers are okay, but I find the syllabus weak in comparison to other universities which have a similar ranking

-this is a negative for me, may be a positive for others, but the content is 'softish'

-they let in a lot of people on clearance/low grades (for internationals mainly), this is clear in class.

Which one would you recommend for A+F out of CASS, Surrey, Southampton, Nottingham?
A few things:

What course are you doing? I'm studying IFRM, and by no means would I say that the syllabus is weak or 'softish'. It's incredibly useful and especially from 2nd year onwards it gets challenging and more practical.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pk25
Which one would you recommend for A+F out of CASS, Surrey, Southampton, Nottingham?

100% Cass.
People, ask @gr8wizard10
What course are you doing? I'm studying IFRM, and by no means would I say that the syllabus is weak or 'softish'. It's incredibly useful and especially from 2nd year onwards it gets challenging and more practical.

Management.

And I agree with you about CASS vs the other universities listed about.

IFRM may be okay then. I can only speak for what I know
Reply 138
100% Cass.

Why there is so much negativity about CASS on Student room? This makes my brother anxious. He wants to firm Cass as he wants to live near to home. But after reading so much negative about Cass, he is confused between Surrey and Cass.

Why would you support Cass over Surrey?
Reply 139
Management.

And I agree with you about CASS vs the other universities listed about.

IFRM may be okay then. I can only speak for what I know

Could you please advise why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending