The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Love reading these

- You wear pyjamas all day and your party dress to bed.
- Napping in the days becomes the best thing ever.
- You have multi-vitamin tablets to make up for the lack of fruit n' veg.
- Pasta is a necessary survival tool.
- Loan day just about beats Christmas.
- 40% has never been so acceptable in your life.
- You no longer need a tea spoon to stir your brew (chopstick, fork, knife or pen will all do!)

:mmm: I love being a student.
(edited 9 years ago)
When you cook food at 4am for no reason other than procrastination from the work you're supposed to be staying up all night to do. :facepalm:
You ask for a "vodbull" when you go to the bar.
Reply 63
When you eat pasta for breakfast because you have cereal, but no milk.

When ringing Student Finance England to talk them into giving you the money they owe you becomes your biggest expense :sigh:

Original post by jendra9311
You eat 12p noodles for a week straight just so you can afford to get a haircut

If you want a free haircut, hang around near hair salons and see if they'll give you one with student stylists for free :yep: I've got a free haircut (that apparently would have cost £60!) just by hanging around Chalk Farm Road/Camden Market.
Reply 64
When you sit and exam and realise "oh God! im screwed, AGAIN'
When the Uni shop has a ready meal consisting of "Two quarter pounders and chips" for £1, there is a damn good reason it's so cheap. :puke:
Original post by tsr-member
Love reading these :h:

- You wear pyjamas all day and your party dress to bed.
- Napping in the days becomes the best thing ever.
- You have multi-vitamin tablets to make up for the lack of fruit n' veg.
- Pasta is a necessary survival tool.
- Loan day just about beats Christmas.- 40% has never been so acceptable in your life.
- You no longer need a tea spoon to stir your brew (chopstick, fork, knife or pen will all do!)

:mmm: I love being a student.

So true haha
-when you learn how to cook something, so you cook it every day for a fornight because it beats ready meals
-when you forget your keys and phone and have to climb through the ground floor kitchen's window to get into your 2nd floor flat
-when you spend most of the time wondering where all the free time goes considering you only have 10 hours of lectures a week
-cooking chicken nuggets and chips at 3am after a night out (< something i shouldnt do i murder them in salt and vinegar while drunk :frown:) ... or at 8am breakfast/dinner during an all nighter...
-when you go to the library at 7pm - 8am while there is free parking :biggrin: i love the fact the library was 24/7 :biggrin:
-the weather is the most exciting thing EVER... (though my class at school had a bit of a reputation for being a little weather obsessed)... the number of latenight/early morning messages i sent in the last three years simply saying "SNOW!!!" :biggrin: ... id keep getting out of bed to check it was still snowing :blush:
-anything free is exciting... pens, notebooks, glow sticks?, sweeties... i miss freshers fairs :frown:

i feel this would be a good time to share my old sig ....
top 10 reasons why university is like primary school
10. You cry for your mother.
9. You cross the street without looking for cars.
8. Snack time is a necessity.
7. You bundle up for the outdoors without caring what you look like (because everyone else looks as stupid as you do).
6. You stay at home and play games with your friends.
5. You wear your backpack on both shoulders.
4. You wear big mittens.
3. Playing in the snow is a legitimate activity.
2. You take naps.
1. You look forward to cheese toasties.

x
(edited 12 years ago)

...When you learn to appreciate home-cooked food.
(edited 12 years ago)
When you know you should do some work and then you see that you have mugs to wash up and that makes your day.

When you will do anything on the internet to avoid your work.

When the fact that the guy in front of your in your lecture has a ladybird in his hair is the most hilarious thing you've seen all week.
Reply 71
You took up cooking/baking just to procrastinate from doing assignments.

You realise you ordered a book in the wrong language and read it using google translator rather than forking out £10 for another one.
going to mcdonalds or the local shop in your pj's is acceptable as there are many others doing it too.
Reply 73
Original post by Muninn
You took up cooking/baking just to procrastinate from doing assignments.

You realise you ordered a book in the wrong language and read it using google translator rather than forking out £10 for another one.

Or you pay £3000 a year for a Modern Languages degree but order the set texts in English :colondollar:
You go into the kitchen to find that 3 months worth of washing up accumulated by your tramp housemates has disappeared. Glad that someone finally got off their arse and did something, you then go to get a plate out of the cupboard to find the washing up, still with food stuck onto it.
Original post by rachel.h
Or you pay £3000 a year for a Modern Languages degree but order the set texts in English :colondollar:

Yes! This is me!!!
Reply 76
when your alcohol budget is greater than your food budget
...You have no heating on in winter because your flatmates think it's too expensive
When bills are included in cost of accommodation, so you never turn the heating off. If we get too hot we open the doors and windows.
Original post by velociraptor
...You have no heating on in winter because your flatmates think it's too expensive

When the crack in the side wall of your house renders the heating so useless that it's warmer outside of the house than in it. You put on tomorrow's uni clothes before going to bed and sleep under two duvets.

Quick Reply

Latest