The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Architecture-er
When you stay up on TSR late at night because your house hasn't turned the central heating on at night - and you just don't want to strip and climb into your freezing cold bed.. :frown:

When you go to bed at 9pm because you have an enormous duvet and a fleecy blanket to snuggle under, and it's too cold to do anything else...

When a healthy day is one in which you eat an apple AND some baked beans.

When chocolate digestives become an acceptable meal.

When you have drafts of assignments all over your bedroom floor because you can't be bothered to empty the bin.

When the best way of reviving leftovers is to add cheese, whether the original meal contained cheese or not.

When you feel like a freak because you wake up naturally before 9am.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
You put other peoples' mouldy pans in the garden because you don't want to wash them and there's no space in the kitchen- and then the weeds grow over them so you can't find them again. Then you move out.
(edited 12 years ago)
When you know the bouncers and bar staff to the SU by name, and they know yours, and they stop to have a chat to you.

When you count out all your 1ps, 2ps and 5ps so you can get those last few drinks.

When you sit there with about 10 hoodies and a blanket because the heating hasn't been turned on yet.

You wake up at 7.30 AM for your lecture, and don't even think twice about going back to sleep. Oops. Another missed lecture.
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
When the crack in the side wall of your house renders the heating so useless that it's warmer outside of the house than in it. You put on tomorrow's uni clothes before going to bed and sleep under two duvets.

2 duvets, a blanket, 2 wooly jumpers and a hot water bottle. Don't know what to add when it gets even colder
Original post by velociraptor
2 duvets, a blanket, 2 wooly jumpers and a hot water bottle. Don't know what to add when it gets even colder

Hoodys, extra pillows, microwave oaty bag things, an extra throw...by the time youve bought it all you may as well have stuck the heating on :p:
Original post by cberry
You put other peoples' mouldy pans in the garden because you don't want to wash them and there's no space in the garden- and then the weeds grow over them so you can't find them again. Then you move out.

is this true story?? lol
Original post by buchanan700
You've never had a similar experience to any of these? Still live with the 'rents?

Seriously man, apparently lots of people have similiar experiences :biggrin:

Don't make assumptions I don't live my parents I'm in halls. Students always complain they are skint yet they are throwing dishes in the bin? I don't understand where this laziness comes from, most students I know don't cook so they don't make many dirty dishes the way I do.
Reply 87
Original post by jendra9311
is this true story?? lol

Yep, true story, gross I know. It was my last house in 3rd year.
...when you have an hour until your lecture and realise you havnt done any laundry, so sort frantically through weeks of clothes to find the cleanest pair of jeans :colondollar:
Reply 89
Original post by Rascacielos
You work in order to avoid cleaning your room (or the reverse, depending on your personality/mood).

Every. Single. Day.

And if you're my housemates: buy morrisons value everything and use the saved money to buy xboxes, lots of expo merchandise and very expensive bass speakers.
... when walking home from Tesco without a trolley just feels wrong.
Original post by chronic_fatigue
Don't make assumptions I don't live my parents I'm in halls. Students always complain they are skint yet they are throwing dishes in the bin? I don't understand where this laziness comes from, most students I know don't cook so they don't make many dirty dishes the way I do.

Yes but a lot of us don't do silly things like that and are still skint. I seriously think before buying lunch anywhere lol.
You know your a student...

When any spending aside from alcohol is vigorously debated...

When going into lecture having only stopped drinking 3 hours before - I know 3 people who've done this!

When you suffer from sleep deprivation and only want to sleep during the day time...
(edited 12 years ago)
...you arrive for the 11 o'clock lecture at 11:11 on 11/11/11.
Reply 94
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You're cooking eggs in a microwave :yep:

omg i do that, if you dont break the yoke and take it out half way through to mix it some more the thing explodes all over your microwave
When you base mealtimes around daytime TV programmes.
The Wright stuff is on - it must be breakfast time. Loose women is on - it must be lunch time.
Reply 96
your lack of ensuite makes that sink look mighty tempting
You use kitchen roll to wipe your ass :colone:
Reply 98
When you eat endless amounts of food whilst revising or doing assignments! Nomnom! :biggrin:
When your entire diet consists of pasta and yoghurt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending