Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You know you're a student when...

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    you wake up on a saturday morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.
    You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)
    You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate
    You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning wondering whether you should be extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The people you saw in freshers week - the next time you saw them, they mentioned how pissed you were.

You never saw them again after that.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buchanan700)
    You throw out a plate because you can't be bothered to wash it.

Cold pasta with dodgy cheese is ****ing delicious!

You find yourself agonising over whether to fork out the £2 for some lunch.

Carry on? When was your "I am definately a student" moment?

When you've seen this youtube video lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSQD8ILOOe0
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your mental health goes to ****.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When "that smell" gets too noticable and you have to hunt what is causing it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The majority of your facebook/twitter updates take place at a time that people that aren't students would say you should be in bed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Seeing people turn up to lectures looking like they have just woken up and dressing like tramp. People stinking of alcohol from a previous nights partying.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you can't remember the last time you saw a £20 note
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When having windows that open and close is a luxury.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    I was definitely thinking you were talking about some special breed of lab mice.
    labia mice.

sorry, couldn't resist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know you're a student when you use a fork to comb your hair
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    When chucking dominoes & cards at one another in the kitchen while sober seems like a fun and brilliant idea.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterPotatoHead)
    You know you're a student when you use a fork to comb your hair
    I'm with you there, I lost my hairbrush last week and I've been using my fingers ever since. I'm hoping it ends up looking less "I haven't brushed my hair for a week" and more sexily dishevelled.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    back from lectures/seminars: time to nap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    you know you're a (mature) student when you notice all of the lads that are starting uni straight from sixth form/college all dress like each other within their friendship group. loan goes in, first one goes out and buys abercrombie t shirts, jack willis hoodie, and some chinos, and the rest start to follow suit.

cringe.

you realise that most students have no idea how to use your/you're and there/their/they're. and no, that isn't a dig at dyslexic people, i understand some people genuinely do struggle with things like that, however the vast majority just can't be bothered.

as a mature student, it also makes me chuckle listening to all the kids talking like they've lived away from home for years and have no problem budgeting their money - typical know it all attitude. no, it's been sixth months, and the things that are coming out of your mouth make it obvious you still haven't got a clue.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andym88)
    you know you're a (mature) student when you notice all of the lads that are starting uni straight from sixth form/college all dress like each other within their friendship group. loan goes in, first one goes out and buys abercrombie t shirts, jack willis hoodie, and some chinos, and the rest start to follow suit.

cringe.

you realise that most students have no idea how to use your/you're and there/their/they're. and no, that isn't a dig at dyslexic people, i understand some people genuinely do struggle with things like that, however the vast majority just can't be bothered.

as a mature student, it also makes me chuckle listening to all the kids talking like they've lived away from home for years and have no problem budgeting their money - typical know it all attitude. no, it's been sixth months, and the things that are coming out of your mouth make it obvious you still haven't got a clue.

OH MY GOD I AGREE!!

"your" so right!

I thought it was just me that got overly annoyed with the misuse of there and yours!

I literally live in Primark clothes!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andym88)

cringe.

Coming from a fellow mature student, I feel your pain. Putting up with these kids prattle is bad enough in college.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyjade92)
    OH MY GOD I AGREE!!

"your" so right!

I thought it was just me that got overly annoyed with the misuse of there and yours!

I literally live in Primark clothes!
    The horrendous irony if that wasn't intentional.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was intentional

Hence the quotations ... Or was it. Haha

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 30, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.