Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

You know you're a student when...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When a dairylea triangle followed by a spoonful of peanut butter constitutes a balanced meal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    When you use the same condom twice.
    You confused the word 'student' with 'stupid'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehc)
    When a dairylea triangle followed by a spoonful of peanut butter constitutes a balanced meal.
    Never saw the appeal of peanut butter by itself, I always have to have it on something...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    Never saw the appeal of peanut butter by itself, I always have to have it on something...
    Bloody love a spoonful of peanut butter!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velociraptor)
    You confused the word 'student' with 'stupid'
    Ok thanks for that grandma. :pierre:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wearing the same clothes repeatedly without washing...they don't smell and have no suspicious stains, its ok right?
    The tea/coffee cup thing... Occasionally i realise and put it through the dishwasher.
    The stash of alcohol in your cupboard costs more than your textbooks.
    You enter competitions and do online surveys purely for the possibility of getting money/free stuff.
    You volunteer at open day/orientation in order to get free stuff.
    Tea and coffee become meal substitutes
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aussieberliner)
    Wearing the same clothes repeatedly without washing...they don't smell and have no suspicious stains, its ok right?
    The tea/coffee cup thing... Occasionally i realise and put it through the dishwasher.
    The stash of alcohol in your cupboard costs more than your textbooks.
    You enter competitions and do online surveys purely for the possibility of getting money/free stuff.
    You volunteer at open day/orientation in order to get free stuff.
    Tea and coffee become meal substitutes
    Em doesn't everyone do that. Unless you wash then after every time you wear them. Now that would be excessive unless I've been doing it wrong all these years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you start refreshing facebook page 5 times a minute when ideas for essay stop coming!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Y ou start drinking energy drinks all the time just to push yourself to finish the assignment then wake up in the morning with drool all over your work
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When you go to your parents' for the weekend and your first thought is "This place is so clean! Amazing!"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LowRider)
    Em doesn't everyone do that. Unless you wash then after every time you wear them. Now that would be excessive unless I've been doing it wrong all these years.
    Agreed!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You can't clean your flat 'cos someones nicked the hoover...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    when you love being independant, but when someone says "let me pay, you are a student you need to save up" you cant deny it and just give a sheepish look...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    no- I always wash my underwear and tops after one use, that would be unhygenic otherwise.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    no- I always wash my underwear and tops after one use, that would be unhygenic otherwise.
    Underwear ye but tops I would disagree but then I am a guy
    Unless I've been sweating or something in this climate during the winter it's fine so I wear shirts for a multiple of days before I wash them but then again I'm not in it all day as I get changed once I get home anyway.

To say it's unhygenic I would say is going a bit far each person has their own preference I would barely have no clothes if I washed them after each wear. As long as you don't smell and you feel comfortable it's not really an issue?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Underwear ye but tops I would disagree but then I am a guy
    Unless I've been sweating or something in this climate during the winter it's fine so I wear shirts for a multiple of days before I wash them but then again I'm not in it all day as I get changed once I get home anyway.

To say it's unhygenic I would say is going a bit far each person has their own preference I would barely have no clothes if I washed them after each wear. As long as you don't smell and you feel comfortable it's not really an issue?
    I guess, just at home my Mum would always wash my tops after one wear, and I've kinda come to see that as the norm.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unless one sweats a lot or generally stinks, washing tops after one day is totally unnecessary. Agree about the underwear though
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velociraptor)
    Unless one sweats a lot or generally stinks, washing tops after one day is totally unnecessary. Agree about the underwear though
    how many times would you wear them before washing then?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how many times would you wear them before washing then?
    In winter maybe after 5-10 times for tops. and 20-40 for jumpers and hoodies.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2014
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.