Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

You know you're a student when...

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When writing your essay seems so hopeless that you contemplate using the 'a picture is worth a thousand words' route and submitting a few comical images instead...

...this £3,000 a year thing is definitely not wasted on me.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    You complain when your lecturers just read off their powerpoints.

But you also complain when they don't have them,so you actually have to pay attention
    I find the best lecturers are those that expand on the stuff that is said in powerpoints.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I find the best lecturers are those that expand on the stuff that is said in powerpoints.
    As it should be It's only when they speak too fast for you to put the extra stuff down that it's a problem, and then only put the slides up online (and not their notes)...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's the whole complaining about how skint you are then next minute planning your next night out...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Cos they want a day off too? :P
    true, but when you only got a hour free to revise for a test (material was in my room) and clean your room to leave and finish packing you don't give a **** about them
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LettersFromTheSky)
    There's the whole complaining about how skint you are then next minute planning your next night out...
    People like this really really piss me off. My brother can't even afford food but he is planning his holiday to Ibiza. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you only see your family if you need something!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LettersFromTheSky)
    Lol, yesterday in the shop I spent a good 5 minutes figuring the way to get the most energy for least money for lunch. At the till I asked for 20 quid cashback....which has now mysteriously vanished.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Lol, yesterday in the shop I spent a good 5 minutes figuring the way to get the most energy for least money for lunch. At the till I asked for 20 quid cashback....which has now mysteriously vanished.
    Haha, I pretty much do the same , it really gets on some peoples nerves though!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When spending four days in your parents house is a proper full blown holiday.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you get back to your halls of residence after a week away to find that you ran out of plastic cups before you left, so you wash out an ASDA Smart Price pineapple chunks tin to mix your Nesquik in - the joys of recycling
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When a quick drink in the union bar turns into an evening followed by a night.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When you spend a lot of time saving every little bit you can... and then reward yourself by spending in a weekend more than you saved in a month, all the while justifying it in your head thinking "I'm allowed to have a weekend for myself every now and then."
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you spend all day convincing yourself that you'll get some work done later because you do your best work at night, and then night comes and you're like '':afraid:'' because you genuinely can't remember what you were even meant to be doing.

I have 3/4 of a page of notes about Cronbach’s alpha and I genuinely don't remember what that actually is or how it's relevant to the rest of my work :hmmmm:

Also, this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    when theres only 15 in your class and you're the only one carrying a laptop and books around.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The relevancy of any article for an essay is determined on how short it is!

I'm doing this for my dissertation at the moment. Such a good student I am...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When you start drinking the water you cooked your pasta in, according to my friend
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph.Jade)
    when you find yourself at a houseparty drinking out of various mugs and cereal bowls
    I've used a tea pot for wine before.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mero8)
    When you start drinking the water you cooked your pasta in, according to my friend
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expression.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	141300

That's nasty...
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    I've used a tea pot for wine before.
    like a sir

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.