The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When you've been awake for 60 hours solid "just to see what would happen".
Original post by hamijack
When you've been awake for 60 hours solid "just to see what would happen".

should start hallucinating by now. It's kind of fun
Reply 1542
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Asking for a student discount everywhere...

And you get dirty looks off the sale assistants who work in the shop who do not offer said discount.
Reply 1543
Original post by chronic_fatigue
Who the hell does that?

Lots of students.
Reply 1544
Original post by k9markiii
I have eaten one potato since starting uni. They take so long to cook.

Dude, they take like 6mins in the microwave!! 3mins then turn them upside down, 3 mins again…boom a meal :wink:
When you steal a super-market cart and you stroll around with your friends!!( In case you haven't tried already..you should...hahah)
when you have to donate blood just for pizza hut vouchers...
Original post by Sheikh {/} Nykaa
when you have to donate blood just for pizza hut vouchers...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. How do you get Pizza Hut vouchers? All they give me is penguins and orange squash.
Original post by hamijack
Whoa, whoa, whoa. How do you get Pizza Hut vouchers? All they give me is penguins and orange squash.

You get paid for blood, right?
Reply 1549
Original post by tehforum

No, why would they pay people? :s-smilie:
Original post by ily_em
No, why would they pay people? :s-smilie:

It's often debated as to whether blood donors should be paid to increase the amount of donors, but it's usually decided against to prevent drug addicts and the like selling blood for money when it then couldn't be donated to somebody, and they might lie about how often they donate in order to get money more often.
Reply 1551
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It's often debated as to whether blood donors should be paid to increase the amount of donors, but it's usually decided against to prevent drug addicts and the like selling blood for money when it then couldn't be donated to somebody, and they might lie about how often they donate in order to get money more often.

I see! It's just whenever I go to donate blood it is always full up so they don't really need to encourage people by paying anyway. Yeh I could see lots of people lying if they wanted to get money, eg about what countries they've been to or who they've slept with etc :erm:
Original post by ily_em
I see! It's just whenever I go to donate blood it is always full up so they don't really need to encourage people by paying anyway. Yeh I could see lots of people lying if they wanted to get money, eg about what countries they've been to or who they've slept with etc :erm:

But then that's usually the same people going to every session, as they're spread ~4 months apart at each location. Whereas if they had more donors, then they could run more sessions. Although they appear full, they are ALWAYS lacking in donors. And exactly - all the extra screening they'd probably have to do "just in case" just isn't really worth it :sad:
Original post by tehforum

Nope. The only things you get for it are free biscuits and drinks and the heady feeling of doing something good (although this may be down to blood loss).
when theres a fire alarm in the middle of the night in your accomadation, so you just go asda in your pjs to go into the warmth
Original post by Di_mi_tris
When you steal a super-market cart and you stroll around with your friends!!( In case you haven't tried already..you should...hahah)

For a high school student maybe...
Poundland is your saviour

finding noodles in sainsburys for 11p

beingproud of doing your own laundry

missing the bus...just.
You fashion crockery out of tinfoil because it saves washing up.

It works really well actually because tinfoil doesn't retain heat so you can pick it straight out of the oven without gloves!
Reply 1558
When £5 for dominoes is extortion........But £5 for a bottle of vodka is bargain of the century :biggrin:
Reply 1559
When you've been awake to watch the sunrise..

-not for the romantic side of things, more you've been up all night finishing that essay that's due in a few hours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending