The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atheistwithfaith
For a high school student maybe...

Hahah!I guess you're right!Whatever!!:smile:
When you (at the end of your first year) have a lecture on starting to think about your dissertation and sit there panicking because you hadn't thought about it at all.
Original post by ChapelTom
All nighters for no particular reason.

I did that once! Last year in halls, girl upstairs from me went out for her birthday, I didn't go (skint) so just stayed in. At 1am they started coming back in dribs and drabs and I stayed up listening to all the dramas and stories, cooking food with them and watching telly with them. At 6am I finally went to bed for 2 hours, before waking up at 8 to get to my 9am lecture. I had nothing to drink and I don't know how I stayed up that long sober and with no deadlines!

For me it's:
- debating for 10 minutes at the supermarket whether you can afford £1 for some interesting looking crackers. But £1 for a jagerbomb is never questioned!
- you use grated cheese (most likely not your own) as an accompaniment to almost any meal
- there's that one lecturer who has never seen you coherent in his seminars, because they're at 10am on a friday morning, and I didn't get to bed til 5 because I got wasted on cheap bourbon, came home and sat in the kitchen with my chips and drinking milk and somehow getting through a 10 pack of fags in an hour.

I miss halls
(edited 12 years ago)
You eat your breakfast out of tupperware boxes because the bowls are dirty :getmecoat:

A neighbour comes round at 22:40 and asks "are you coming out?", and within 15 minutes you go from a planned film night to a night out on the lash.

The stairway had a broken plate, flyers for a "safe sex Ball" and kebab lying around, and on the ground beneath the window is a broken egg.
Original post by rosee92
I did that once! Last year in halls, girl upstairs from me went out for her birthday, I didn't go (skint) so just stayed in. At 1am they started coming back in dribs and drabs and I stayed up listening to all the dramas and stories, cooking food with them and watching telly with them. At 6am I finally went to bed for 2 hours, before waking up at 8 to get to my 9am lecture. I had nothing to drink and I don't know how I stayed up that long sober and with no deadlines!

For me it's:
- debating for 10 minutes at the supermarket whether you can afford £1 for some interesting looking crackers. But £1 for a jagerbomb is never questioned!
- you use grated cheese (most likely not your own) as an accompaniment to almost any meal
- there's that one lecturer who has never seen you coherent in his seminars, because they're at 10am on a friday morning, and I didn't get to bed til 5 because I got wasted on cheap bourbon, came home and sat in the kitchen with my chips and drinking milk and somehow getting through a 10 pack of fags in an hour.

I miss halls

Not an all-nighter.
Original post by tehforum
Not an all-nighter.

It was staying up til stupidly late - or early as the case may be - for no goddam reason....
Original post by kerily
Without wanting to sound completely and utterly pretentious, my hair is a tiny bit 'alternative', so that was what I was going for :biggrin: But if it's not your thing, no, steer clear :tongue:

:eek:
Original post by mcp2
You masturbate all day long

:puke:
Original post by *Hakz*
You miss you mum's cooking like never before :frown:

This is all you eat everyday since you can't cook :sad:

Cheap and delicious.
Original post by sicarius1992
For me it's reuse said plate until either the mixture of residues from various meals gets too weird or various microorganisms start to make colonies... :colone:

Reply 1570
When you find a pan full of maggots because a flatmate can't be bothered washing up. They then try and pour the maggots out of the window and accidently drop the pan out of the 3rd floor window into the street...
Different persons spend the night with you.

In your bed.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Really? :holmes: I always buy chicken breasts :colondollar:

If you wanna get all the vitamins you should suck all the sauce that comes out of those chicken breasts.

Your future gf will be glad.
Original post by xDave-
...you live off campus and have no friends

This does not happen if you are female.
Original post by SoulfulBoy
If you wanna get all the vitamins you should suck all the sauce that comes out of those chicken breasts.

Your future gf will be glad.

¿Qué
Original post by rosee92

For me it's:

I miss halls

I've done after a night out, stayed up in front of the oven in the kitchen making cups of tea and chatting on facebook all night.

Done it because I was nervous about missing an alarm for a 6am train.

Also had to stay for 7 hours on Manchester Piccadilly station after a mate was refused entry to a club, missed the last train home so walked round the station all night with a bottle of whisky each.

THREE TOP ALL-NIGHTERS! :biggrin:
Jeans get re-worn until they smell.
Holes in clothes are acceptable until the item in question falls apart.
¿Qué

Te amo, Arcadia!
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Te amo, Arcadia!

me gusta :colone:
me gusta :colone:

Shouldn't that smiley be :colondollar: instead of :colone: ?

:tongue:

Eres espanola o inglesa?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending