The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by stifa
I'm just curious. Are deadlines always on mornings? My brother is studying here in Norway, and his deadlines are always at midnights; I thought that was the most logical approach. :confused:

Mine have always been 1pm and always on a Friday. I know people doing other courses have had deadlines on other days though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by stifa
I'm just curious. Are deadlines always on mornings? My brother is studying here in Norway, and his deadlines are always at midnights; I thought that was the most logical approach. :confused:

mine have always been 11:59, but the uni only changed that this year, before I came they were 3pm
Original post by jelly1000
mine have always been 11:59, but the uni only changed that this year, before I came they were 3pm

It's a conspiracy.

I reckon the universities have a business agreement with companies that sell caffeine based drinks such as Red Bull and coffee. As a result, they set morning deadlines; thus, students will have to pull all-nighters to get the work done. However, this feat is not easily done without the aid of a caffeine based drinks, as such, students will flock in the thousands to the local off-license in the hope of securing the elixir known as Red Bull. Only then will the universities and businesses involved with the conspiracy of selling more caffeine based drinks make a profit.
Original post by Samus2
When 'I'm never leaving my work this late again' becomes a part of your most used phrases...

But you do so anyway.:rolleyes:
Original post by sebastienlewis
When you're at university studying.

Depends how liberally you use the term "studying"
I can't tell you the number of times I've got up early, like 8am, to study, and then started the day with a 6 hour break.
when u dream about assignments and exams. :smile:
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Depends how liberally you use the term "studying"

If it extends to a majority of students that I've known, it would disqualify them. :rolleyes:
Reply 1708
When your hand becomes your best friend because you're trying to sustain a long distance relationship.
Original post by tehforum
It's a conspiracy.

I reckon the universities have a business agreement with companies that sell caffeine based drinks such as Red Bull and coffee. As a result, they set morning deadlines; thus, students will have to pull all-nighters to get the work done. However, this feat is not easily done without the aid of a caffeine based drinks, as such, students will flock in the thousands to the local off-license in the hope of securing the elixir known as Red Bull. Only then will the universities and businesses involved with the conspiracy of selling more caffeine based drinks make a profit.

by 11:59 i meant 11:59 in the evening, 1 minute before midnight...
Reply 1710
When i knuckled down and got good grades.. right then, i knew i was a student.
Original post by jelly1000
by 11:59 i meant 11:59 in the evening, 1 minute before midnight...

Yeah.

I was commenting on the current consensus of deadlines i.e in the morning.
when your eating beans on toast ......AGAIN
Reply 1713
Original post by tehforum
It's a conspiracy.

Think you've got it.

I had a 6am Sunday deadline once, that was just encouraging an all-nighter.
Reply 1714
When every now and again your landlord just lets themselves into the house.
You have the same meals week in, week out.
replacing your food with caffeine.
Reply 1717
Original post by hasan4life
replacing your food with caffeine.

And after exams, replacing your caffeine with alcohol. :colone:
Reply 1718
Original post by stifa

Depends on the uni/department. Mine are all at midday but one of my flatmates had almost as many different hand in times as essays.
When you print off masses of work-related stuff, ignore it, and convince yourself you've been productive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending