The Student Room Group

Questions about Edexcel Further Maths!

Hi, I can't find any links for Further Maths in the edexcel website but they have to offer the subjects, so I'm asking here. My questions are,

If I don't do the general maths modules from Edexcel, can I take Further Maths? My Mathematics board is CIE, and Edexcel Further Maths is significantly easier than the CIE equivalent so I want to do FM from Edexcel.

How many modules do I have to take to get a FM A Level from Edexcel?

Would it be too big of a load to take all the modules in one sitting in your opinion?

If possible suggest me a link where I can these info
Yes i believe you can change boards. FM A level is 6 modules of which 2 of them must be FP1 + FP2/FP3. It would be a challenge, to take them in one sitting, depending on which modules you are taking. It is possible though if you work hard throughout the year and prepare for them in plenty of time.
Reply 2
Original post by Dreamweaver
Yes i believe you can change boards. FM A level is 6 modules of which 2 of them must be FP1 + FP2/FP3. It would be a challenge, to take them in one sitting, depending on which modules you are taking. It is possible though if you work hard throughout the year and prepare for them in plenty of time.

The exams take place in late June right?
Reply 3
Original post by Dreamweaver

And what are the easiest modules in your opinion? I am already familiar with the contents of FP1, FP2 and FP3
Original post by coffee?
And what are the easiest modules in your opinion? I am already familiar with the contents of FP1, FP2 and FP3

The exams are in late may/june. A2 modules tend to be in june, normally. It really depends on you and what you've done already. S1 and S2 are both extremely easy. I did M1/M2 for normal maths and did S1/S2/D1 for FM. D1 is easy but i hated. It doesn't "feel" like maths.
Reply 5
Thanks, I hope someone who is sure answers about whether you can do FM from Edexcel if you don't take their general maths modules..

Quick Reply

Latest