The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The European Union would like to further relations with the Arab League

OOC: IRL the Arab League plays a major role regarding Syria
Reply 61
Original post by DebatingGreg
The President of the Baltic Partnership informs the League of our discussion of the Yulia Tymoshenko case, and wishes to here the League's opinions.

Equally, the Partnership would be interested in furthering its relation with the League.

OOC: just trying to put some motions to discuss to help activity :smile:

Tunisia would suggest a partnership between the two organisations, and if the Baltic Partnership approves, will seek to discus formally such a link within the Inaugural council and the general assembly of the league.
Reply 62
Original post by Morgsie
The European Union would like to further relations with the Arab League

OOC: IRL the Arab League plays a major role regarding Syria

The post above also applies to the EU.

We in the Arab League have already imposed further sanctions on Syria, and are closely monitoring the situation

OOC: we'd have done more but its a pain getting anyone but me, missbanana and a couple of others to vote :/ We've ended up with a tie on the one Syria related thing we did, had to have a revote with the risk of yet another tie, thankfully the sanctions went through by one vote.
Reply 63
Original post by Moleman1996
The post above also applies to the EU.

We in the Arab League have already imposed further sanctions on Syria, and are closely monitoring the situation

OOC: we'd have done more but its a pain getting anyone but me, missbanana and a couple of others to vote :/ We've ended up with a tie on the one Syria related thing we did, had to have a revote with the risk of yet another tie, thankfully the sanctions went through by one vote.

OOC: IRL The EU has applied further sanctions.
Reply 64
Original post by Morgsie

OOC: I'll try make sure that we discuss these ties between EU and Baltic Partnership. Could be key to getting activity up again. Might have to look at admitting non- real Arab League countries, but ones that are in North Africa/Arabia as full members too.
Tunisia would suggest a partnership between the two organisations, and if the Baltic Partnership approves, will seek to discus formally such a link within the Inaugural council and the general assembly of the league.

The President is interested, but could Tunisia clarify what it means by such a partnership before we raise the possibility with the BP?
Reply 66
The President is interested, but could Tunisia clarify what it means by such a partnership before we raise the possibility with the BP?

A formal link, details of which could be discussed later on, but potentially allowing the two partnerships to work together on some measures, perhaps sanctions on countries etc, and perhaps some trade agreements between the League and the Partnership.

OOC: i'll look into more detail at the weekend.
A formal link, details of which could be discussed later on, but potentially allowing the two partnerships to work together on some measures, perhaps sanctions on countries etc, and perhaps some trade agreements between the League and the Partnership.

OOC: i'll look into more detail at the weekend.

I shall inform the BP.

PM me and Morgsie if you have any ideas :smile:
Reply 68
missbanana21
QFA

Just to remind you, you still need to vote on whether or not to admit the TSR MHoC as an observer member of the league. :smile:
Just to remind you, you still need to vote on whether or not to admit the TSR MHoC as an observer member of the league. :smile:

OOC: Missbanana hasn't been on for four days. You might as well just let the MHoC become an Observer member of the Arab League. :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by toronto353
OOC: Missbanana hasn't been on for four days. You might as well just let the MHoC become an Observer member of the Arab League. :smile:

OOC-I could but we've already bent the rules to state that we could pass it with only 2 of the councils having voted because its a majority, when it should have been 3. If she doesn't come on within the next week i'll re-assess the situation. I can see no problems arising though
Reply 71

I'm admitting you to the league as an observer member, but if missbanana disagrees when she's back, we'll have to reconsider your position. As of now though, you can consider the MHoC an observer member

missbanana21
QFA

I understand you're probably busy, but I assumed you wouldn't have any issues with me admitting the MHoC as an observer member. If you do have any issues with it, i've made it clear that the membership is re-assessable once you're back. :tongue:

The decision was taken due to low activity overall in the league, and the hope that if the MHoC becomes involved in debate we may be able to get this thing back up and running again. With regards to a permanent leadership thing, the whole council system began to die on its feet when tenbinza stopped voting on anything, so perhaps a baltic partnership style presidency is the way to go, after all I think our mandate expires very soon, so we'll need to do somethign.
Reply 72
ARAB LEAGUE COUNTRIES!

Please begin to submit your ideas for a leadership system! PM them to me or post them in this thread, you have until next saturday, at which point soon after an election will be organised by the council to decide on a system. Any further necessary elections relating to the system will then also be organised by the council.

Thunder_Chunky
QFA

Could you include this in the next update, as im losing track of who's in the league now and who isn't with the low activity levels and new arab league members not really getting invloved I can't remember who the non-original reps are. :s
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
I shall inform the BP.

PM me and Morgsie if you have any ideas :smile:

Original post by Morgsie

To let you both know, we are over mandate so i've taken it upon myself to call for submissions of a potential new thing. If anyone complains it doesn't really matter anyway, since under our own rules this council no longer has any authority over the league.

Unfortunately any discussions will have to be put off until a system of governing the league has been decided and implemenontited, however if Tunisia plays a part in this system, it will resume talks of a partnership immediately.
The MHoC thanks the Arab League for allowing it to become an Observer member. We intend to help revitalise this great league
Reply 75
The MHoC thanks the Arab League for allowing it to become an Observer member. We intend to help revitalise this great league

As an observer member, the MHoC is welcome to submit any ideas for a system to govern the league (see above post), and it may be allowed to vote just this once (on the method of government when the choices are published)observer memebr, due to the low activity from full members.
I trust that Moleman can make decisions on behalf of the League when I'm not around, like this guy, I am sure that it will be fine :wink: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9230706/Is-this-the-most-on-message-politician-Australian-minister-agrees-with-PM-without-knowing-what-she-said.html

I knew there was something I forgot to do and MUN was clearly it! Sorry!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by missbanana21
I trust that Moleman can make decisions on behalf of the League when I'm not around, like this guy, I am sure that it will be fine :wink: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9230706/Is-this-the-most-on-message-politician-Australian-minister-agrees-with-PM-without-knowing-what-she-said.html

I knew there was something I forgot to do and MUN was clearly it! Sorry!

no problems :tongue: we're all busy with exams at the moment :tongue: I realised we're 5 or 6 days over mandate though, so I've had to start taking submissions for a permanent form of government :s-smilie: if you have any suggestions for a governing system they'd be welcome :smile:
Reply 78
No submissions as of yet (other than my own), but it'd be nice to not just have a "Option 1 or R.O.N." election, as the league should represent how its member states want it to run.
There's no one on this apart from us to be honest. Of we called a vote with only one option that could at least start a debate of some kind

Latest

Trending

Trending