The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpool Hope PGCE Primary 2012

Hi, just interested to see if anoyone has applied to PGCE Primary at Liverpool Hope to start in Sept 2012. I had my interview on 9th November and am waiting to hear back.
So if anyone wants to know anything about the interview day or share thoughts on Hope then get in touch! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have an interview for liverpool hope university on the 23rd of November and I am really worried about it. What do you actually do on the day ? and what was the group interview like ? what type of questions were you asked? Also did you have to sit a english and maths test ? hope you can get back soon thankyou !
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I had an interview for Liverpool Hope Primary PGCE on 9th November too.. found out yesterday I got on the course :smile:

anyone else??
Reply 3
me too, got a conditional offer through yesterday :smile:
Reply 4
I had an interview on 9th Nov too and got an offer onto the course. Be good to keep in touch. Are you doing the full time primary?
Reply 5
Hey, I am hoping to apply here but haven't managed to get my application in yet due to references and am worried that there wont be any places left! Anyone know if they have many places left after the 1st December deadline?
Reply 6
Original post by karyn13
Hi I have an interview for liverpool hope university on the 23rd of November and I am really worried about it. What do you actually do on the day ? and what was the group interview like ? what type of questions were you asked? Also did you have to sit a english and maths test ? hope you can get back soon thankyou !

Hi. I did this last year and found out I had a place 2 days later, but decided not to take it up. The day was OK!

There wasn't a Maths test, but there was a writing exercise and a comprehension one. There weren't individual interviews, but group ones. It started off with everyone reading a passage from a chosen children's book, explaining briefly why they had chosen that and then there followed some group exercises. I hated this, but got through it and got the place :smile: Just remember to listen to other points, take them on board, and put your own views across confidently (but not bossily... there were some really outspoken people in my group!!)
Reply 7
Hi everyone :smile: I had an interview at Hope Uni last wednesday (9th november) and found out the other day that I got in!

Don't worry about the interview, it is one of the most relaxed ones I have been to and you're all in the same boat. As everyone has said, the literacy test is fine, its a short essay about teaching and then a spelling test. Just be yourself!

Has anyone else heard back from their interview?

Good luck guys! xxx
Reply 8
Original post by pebbz
I had an interview on 9th Nov too and got an offer onto the course. Be good to keep in touch. Are you doing the full time primary?

Hi pebz, which interview group were you in on the 9th nov? I received an offer as well :smile: well done! xx
Reply 9
Original post by abbyq
me too, got a conditional offer through yesterday :smile:

Congratulations :smile: x
Reply 10
Original post by pebbz

Reply 11
Original post by nattyb
Hi everyone :smile: I had an interview at Hope Uni last wednesday (9th november) and found out the other day that I got in!

Don't worry about the interview, it is one of the most relaxed ones I have been to and you're all in the same boat. As everyone has said, the literacy test is fine, its a short essay about teaching and then a spelling test. Just be yourself!

Has anyone else heard back from their interview?

Good luck guys! xxx

Reply 12
Original post by nattyb
Hi pebz, which interview group were you in on the 9th nov? I received an offer as well :smile: well done! xx

yes it would be nice to keep in touch with you all as we will be meeting in september :smile: congrats. mine is the full time primary course.
Reply 13
Hey! Congrats to everyone who has got an offer! :smile: I have got an offer too for the full time primary.. so would be great to keep in touch with everyone!
And to anyone who has an interview, relax and stay calm! It was actually one of the most relaxed interviews and nothing too difficult! :smile:
Reply 14
Congratulations to you all, I also received a conditional offer after my interview for Primary (full-time) on 9th November! :smile:
Reply 15
Hi there,

Thanks for all these posts, I'm waiting to hear back from Hope, as I was unsuccessful for my first choice. I've applied for the part time course, any advice or information welcome,

Cheers
Reply 16
Hi everyone,
Congratulations to all that have a place for September 2012. I have found out today that I will have an interview tomorrow. I'm trying to keep as calm as possible but finding it a little difficult. Any help and advice would be much appreciated. What were the books that you all read? Is there a maths test? What type of questions were asked?
Thanks
Reply 17
hey was just wondering who all got an offer from the course? :smile: i had an interveiw on 7th december and heard back under a week later.
Reply 18
hey have an interview on 18th january!! :smile: was wondering what the group interview was like? do u have to know about current educational issues? whats this bout a spelling test for the literact test they're not to hard are they??
Hey! Congratulations to all that have got a place on the course and to those of you who have an interview, good luck.

I know this is for primary but I've been accepted onto a PGCE Secondary Geography course at Hope for Sept 2012 and I'm trying to find others who are starting at Hope in Sept. Are any of you thinking about moving into Postgrade Halls for the year? I don't know what to do as I am from Northern Ireland, meaning I will have to move over but can't decide whether to move into halls or find a house to rent?

Any advice would be great, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending