Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UCL Geography 2012 Applicants Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    SO HAPPY... Got an invitation to a selection days yesterday. They sent me two - one for Geography and one for Economics and Geography!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymaxwell)
    SO HAPPY... Got an invitation to a selection days yesterday. They sent me two - one for Geography and one for Economics and Geography!!

Well done mate! I've applied for geog too and had nothing through. When did you send your UCAS? : )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what were your GCSE results and a level predictions? well done by the way!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woah well done! I got a open day selection thing for Economics and Geography the other week
    But I'm really not sure what the interview thing entails? Do you reckon the interview is like reading a article and discussing or talking about your personal statement or a mixture of both? Or is it more tutorial?
    Thanks
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadwr0ng)
    what were your GCSE results and a level predictions? well done by the way!!!
    Not sure if this helps but I got a selection thing too and I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE with predictions for A*A*A
    x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a invited to selection day today - surprised, and very happy.

For those interested, I sent my UCAS on 10th November, and have 4 A*s 6A's 1B and 1C at GCSE, and I am predicted AAA.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand they run both mock tutorials and one to one interviews at UCL, will it say specifically on the letter which one you have or do you find out on the day? I received an invite to the selection day today but it doesn't mention one to one interviews anywhere on it.. thanks.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    With regret, YOU'RE FIRED!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rh7tk8)
    wooo got a selection day invitation!

Does anyone know what the interview entails? From the letter I didn't get the impression it was a one on one thing...? :confused:
    Reading it, I got the feeling there was no one on one interivew, and that we would be assess by this 'mock tutorial'. Scary!! :eek:
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    So how many of you did Geography edexcle at gcse?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    AQA all the way
    lol that had a level errors!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer from UCL for the Geography Bsc (international) course! They haven't emailed me but it changed on my UCAS.
    Bit worried though...shouldn't I have got an invitation thingy too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't expect UCL's Geography admin staff to be that quick - their email comms can be bloody terrible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I am very jealous!
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your grades/predictions?
    GCSE: 7A*s 2As
    AS: AABB
    A level predictions: AAAA

Good luck to you!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TirionJen)
    Got a conditional offer from UCL for the Geography Bsc (international) course! They haven't emailed me but it changed on my UCAS.
    Bit worried though...shouldn't I have got an invitation thingy too?
    omg well done!!!!! so so unbelievably jealous!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have the invitation to the open day thing for economics and geography. It's quite late, February or March !
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fbarkley)
    I have the invitation to the open day thing for economics and geography. It's quite late, February or March !
    does that consist of a one to one interview do you think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My letter was so confusing! It suggested it was a group thing like a tutorial, discussion stuff.
    But then at the end said all 'interviews' will be finished by 4:30pm.
    So I'm not sure!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiemdt)
    My letter was so confusing! It suggested it was a group thing like a tutorial, discussion stuff.
    But then at the end said all 'interviews' will be finished by 4:30pm.
    So I'm not sure!
    same! best to prepare just in case!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.