Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Sunderland Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by accountant-future
1) Where did you hear that about the ticket? & where/when can you buy one?

2) Surely Freshers isn't from 15th-28th? That's over a week and I thought Freshers Week was only to last for one week?

1. It's in the news section of the Sunderland Students' Union website. They're not available yet but it says about the festival and if you read the article it says they'll be charging £50 and that it includes the Freshers' event + festival.

2. Sunderland do Freshers' Fortnight instead of just one week.
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Sunderland is my insurance but its most likely I'll be going there, can I apply for accommodation & do you have to pay anything now or is the deposit paid after you get your results & know where you're going? Also is it too late to apply for the halls now?
Reply 142
Original post by bethany18
Sunderland is my insurance but its most likely I'll be going there, can I apply for accommodation & do you have to pay anything now or is the deposit paid after you get your results & know where you're going? Also is it too late to apply for the halls now?

If you want a place in one of the university owned halls (Clanny House, Panns Bank, The Precincy or Scotia Quay) then you need to apply asap. Here is the link: https://ipams.sunderland.ac.uk/eaccom_pamspr/login/start.do

They will then register your application as CI (Conditional Insurance), or UI if your insurance offer is unconditional, and it will be put on hold until your place is confirmed (ie after results day). Then they will look through these applications on hold and offer the remaining rooms. You don't have to pay anything until you've been offered a room.

If you want a place at the privately owned student village (The Forge) then you need to wait until you have a confirmed place at Sunderland and then book.

If you are unsure which you would prefer or you want a back-up incase The Forge is full (though last year I went on an open day about a week after results and they still had plenty of rooms left) then you could apply for uni-owned accommodation just to be safe - if they give you an offer you don't have to accept it.
I have a firm offer for Law at the university and I will be living at home in South Shields, just nervously waiting on results.
So what courses are you guys doing & what unions are people thinking of joining? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by accountant-future
So what courses are you guys doing & what unions are people thinking of joining? :smile:

Im doing accounting & finance & from your name can I assume you are too? :smile:
Original post by bethany18
Im doing accounting & finance & from your name can I assume you are too? :smile:

Ahh, woo! :smile: Yeah I'm doing the 2012 entry, you should comment on this :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2045473
Reply 147
Anyone staying at clanny house?
Anyone doing foundation in biomed? :colondollar:
Reply 149
Anyone got a firm place yet? I found out on Friday I have met the criteria to begin Media, Culture & Communication & I am staying in Scotia Quay. Anyone else?
Original post by KatyJade
Anyone got a firm place yet? I found out on Friday I have met the criteria to begin Media, Culture & Communication & I am staying in Scotia Quay. Anyone else?

I have :smile:
Lol silence
Reply 152
I think most people will be waiting on results day in just over 2 weeks.
Good guess, but that isn't ideal! I'm away on results day
Original post by charb16
Anyone staying at The Forge? What flat/floor?

I'm in the Forge!:smile: Block 2, Flat 18.
Has anyone found a facebook group, or anything, to see who else is in there?
xx
Just applied for Scotia Quay there, ensuite with river view. Done my first two years at Wolverhampton and was stuck in halls with international students in the first year so there was a huge language barrier and in the 2nd year I was stuck in halls with people who never wanted to go to the pub etc. Hope that's not the case at Sunderland for my 3rd year. Least I'll be closer to my family this time though, who live in Jarrow.
Reply 156
Hey, I'm new here obviously but I've got a place at Sunderland University to study law. I will be moving away from home but I'm not 100% sure which accommodation I should stay in. Are some better than the others? Which one has better internet access? Are there any benefits of staying in a certain type of accommodation? Might be silly questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone else here studying Law this year at Sunderland? I really can't wait to start!
Reply 157
Original post by renmyster
Anyone staying at clanny house?

I am!
Reply 158
I am :smile:
Original post by Johnnyt92
Also, anyone else here studying Law this year at Sunderland? I really can't wait to start!

Holla!

Quick Reply

Latest