The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Chances for UCL?

Please be honest! (Also these threads have a habit of dying out after one response, I'd like a few please :P )

GCSE's - BBBCCCCCDU
AS Levels - AACD
Predicted - A*A*A
Course - Politics and East European Studies (AAB-ABB typical offer)

What are my chances of getting an offer?

Reply 1
Probably quite low although obviously, it depends on how competitive the course is. Your GCSEs aren't great and you have C and D at AS. But they might compare your AS and GCSE results and see that you've improved your grades significantly so that would help. If there were any mitigating circumstances, make sure you mention it.

I know you've been predicted higher than the standard offer, but admissions tutors may see it as being unrealistic based on your GCSEs and AS Levels. It might be tough to get in this year, but if you can get those A Levels, then reapply next year; I reckon you'll have a good chance.

Good luck :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by marixmas
Probably quite low although obviously, it depends on how competitive the course is. Your GCSEs aren't great and you have C and D at AS. But they might compare your AS and GCSE results and see that you've improved your grades significantly so that would help. If there were any mitigating circumstances, make sure you mention it.

I know you've been predicted higher than the standard offer, but admissions tutors may see it as being unrealistic based on your GCSEs and AS Levels. It might be tough to get in this year, but if you can get those A Levels, then reapply next year; I reckon you'll have a good chance.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks! No mitigating circumstances. I pretty much have free will to change my predicted grades as I wish, so I've actually decided on A*A*B - good enough for AAB courses, and realistic coming from AAC (especially considering for the C i got a C in one side, an A in the other, the C side I am retaking).

I reckon my personal statement is quite good due to a LOT of political involvement (running my local youth labour party, wider reading, campaigning, work exp with MP and shadow minister for education).

I've already sent my UCAS off (KCL, UCL, Sheffield, Leeds, Aberdeen) so AAB-BBB, so we'll see how it goes :P
Reply 3

Computer says your chances are over 9000.
UCL will be difficult
Reply 5
Original post by ArtAttack!

Computer says your chances are over 9000.

>sat waiting for at least 10 seconds

But thanks :P
I m afraid for UCL its a rejection .....dont know about the other choices ! I m a bit unsure how you are predicted A*s considering your previous results , its not adding up for me . Which course are you applying for ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending