The Student Room Group

I want a real girl to love but its just not happening for me.

Scroll to see replies

Completely hear you. It's depressing seeing couples walking around and thinking 'How the hell did they manage to get that?' All I want is someone to look after me and to let me look after them. Not going to lie, I'm beginning to feel a bit despondent about the whole thing :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Future African game vet
haha, aww thank you- that's very sweet of you to say :smile: And I'm always on the look out so we shall see. I'm not sure how good looking I am to be honest! Though there are some gorgeous girls in my uni so I guess I'm overlooked a bit :rolleyes: and probably because Im shy too :P

I'm sure if you're good looking you'll be married and have kids by the age of 35 :biggrin:

As they say in German: "Jeder Topf findet seinen Deckel" = every pot finds it top or every Jack has his Jill.

You can mention to your friends/colleagues how talented you are with cooking and I'm sure the good news will attract several guys. It is like in Tom & Jerry, when Jerry follows the smell of the cheese :h:.

I am good looking, I guess :K:, but it doesn't work for men the way it does for women. Since I started lecturing at Uni, I met plenty of women, but my loneliness is accompanying me like my shadow. And I hope I don't need to wait 5 more years till 35 :closedeyes:, that would be too much, don't you think so?! :unsure:
Original post by alijimi
As they say in German: "Jeder Topf findet seinen Deckel" = every pot finds it top or every Jack has his Jill.

You can mention to your friends/colleagues how talented you are with cooking and I'm sure the good news will attract several guys. It is like in Tom & Jerry, when Jerry follows the smell of the cheese :h:.

I am good looking, I guess :K:, but it doesn't work for men the way it does for women. Since I started lecturing at Uni, I met plenty of women, but my loneliness is accompanying me like my shadow. And I hope I don't need to wait 5 more years till 35 :closedeyes:, that would be too much, don't you think so?! :unsure:

haha, people know that well enough, im always being asked to cook for gatherings etc :smile: though admittedly the majority of people are already in relationships :redface:
oh you speak German, thats cool- I speak French and English. and Veterinary Jargon... but thats about it :smile:

ahhh you lecture? what subject?

and no, hopefully 32 :smile: not 35 hehe x
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes. 100%

Though as long as I focus on my personal interests and keep striving to do better/be successful, maybe I'll get noticed, but I try not to let it bother me. As long as I can give back exactly what I expect from my partner - then I'd be bless.
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: But men can be like that too. I have tried so hard in my past relationships - I spent money and time and gave as much love as I possibly could... but I never seem to get it back- though that could just be me dong something terribly wrong.

No, things dont just come and go easily, and I for one DO value things. I'm very sentimental with most everything. If someone puts time and effort into me, I make damn sure they get exactly that back. Other peoples feelings are - to me- much more important than my own- though I have to say that has lead me into trouble in the past!

I don't think it's impossible to find someone to love you back... but these days it seems impossible to KEEP people loving you, with everyone putting so much emphasis on being free and single and partying, playing the field... fitting in to the norm... looking out for yourself rather than other people, and giving up on things as soon as they get tough, rather than having loyalty and seeing things through.

how old are you btw? you sound rather wise? :smile:

Haha you called it. Shame all the good people never seen to meet each other. You know those couples in small town America that meet up in High School or college, marry and just have a normal life together?

I actually kinda want that, that's what our parents or grandparent's generations had. That's what it used to be about, you dated around and met someone who was compatible, you got on well, and both involved went into things with honesty.

Now....now people refuse to grow up and puberty seems to last into late 20's and people want everything but don't want to compromise or put back in what they take.

Shame really.

Edit: You know, I had a foreign girlfriend a while back who on valentines day cooked me something and drew a heart on top with ketchup. Simple right? I remember that because that's when I knew I loved her even more.

I've had recent girlfriends who could barely be bothered to make themselves some instant noodles.

No woman should be ashamed to know how to cook, it takes nothing from their independence to know how to throw a meal together. I have a friend who likes to bake, don't fancy her myself but her boyfriend is deffo a lucky guy. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
well i wish there were more guys like you because im honest good hearted, trustworthy and i get treated like **** MY last boyfriend cheated on me because i was to okind and nice
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Haha you called it. Shame all the good people never seen to meet each other. You know those couples in small town America that meet up in High School or college, marry and just have a normal life together?

I actually kinda want that, that's what our parents or grandparent's generations had. That's what it used to be about, you dated around and met someone who was compatible, you got on well, and both involved went into things with honesty.

Now....now people refuse to grow up and puberty seems to last into late 20's and people want everything but don't want to compromise or put back in what they take.

Shame really.

Edit: You know, I had a foreign girlfriend a while back who on valentines day cooked me something and drew a heart on top with ketchup. Simple right? I remember that because that's when I knew I loved her even more.

I've had recent girlfriends who could barely be bothered to make themselves some instant noodles.

No woman should be ashamed to know how to cook, it takes nothing from their independence to know how to throw a meal together. I have a friend who likes to bake, don't fancy her myself but her boyfriend is deffo a lucky guy. :smile:

Hey,

Thank you, that's a really nice post :smile: yes, that's the sort of thing I always dreamed of, and the sort of thing I assumed would happen. Though apparently not; people tend to come and stay for a while, and then just chuck me back because they either a.) get bored of being in a relationship and have no idea how to effectively communicate to work on things when it gets rocky OR b.) see someone else they think is better and drop me asap.

HAHA, instant noodles - what a load of rubbish. Honestly I dont know how people survive without cooking! Baking is cool too - my specialities are melting chocolate puddings, cheese cakes and banoffee pie... though somehow I still remain slender :redface: probably because my housemates steal all my food and gobble it down before i get any :rolleyes:

do you cook? :smile:
Hey,

Thank you, that's a really nice post :smile: yes, that's the sort of thing I always dreamed of, and the sort of thing I assumed would happen. Though apparently not; people tend to come and stay for a while, and then just chuck me back because they either a.) get bored of being in a relationship and have no idea how to effectively communicate to work on things when it gets rocky OR b.) see someone else they think is better and drop me asap.

HAHA, instant noodles - what a load of rubbish. Honestly I dont know how people survive without cooking! Baking is cool too - my specialities are melting chocolate puddings, cheese cakes and banoffee pie... though somehow I still remain slender :redface: probably because my housemates steal all my food and gobble it down before i get any :rolleyes:

do you cook? :smile:

I call it experimentation, but yeah, not great though. :P
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
I call it experimentation, but yeah, not great though. :P

haha you're probably better than you think :wink:
Cute thread lol
Reply 30
Original post by Lucia.
I totally relate to you. I'm looking for a guy for keeps too but I've had relationships which haven't worked out and I had a boyfriend in the past who was a bit abusive. I really want a lovely guy who's chivalrous, outgoing, brave and just an all round good guy. They are so hard to find though. This is going to sound really lame and I'm getting really deep now....but I really want to find a guy I can do sweet things for and look after in a womanly way. I am quite the hopeless romantic which probably explains my mentality at the moment. I have a lot of love to give but need the right person to give it to. I think it takes a great deal of effort to find anywhere close to your ideal partner so I can see where you are coming from on that level. I am holding on thinking I will find someone eventually. At the moment I am pretty chilled out just getting to know as many people as I can which you should be too :smile:. Relationships aren't the be all, end all of life after all.

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one :redface: Seems like girls aren't supposed to want chivalrous, brave sorts of guys anymore - they're supposed to be the brave, outgoing ones themselves. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes...I don't know. That's my secret wish as well, to have a guy who I could take care of and cook for him and do sweet things for him (: But I suppose in today's world, that means I'm "submissive" or something :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Sadly, I think the old gem of "you'll find them when you stop looking" is pretty true. One day you'll be out and about, doing your own thing, happy being single and bam! there they are :tongue:
Original post by tite23
Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one :redface: Seems like girls aren't supposed to want chivalrous, brave sorts of guys anymore - they're supposed to be the brave, outgoing ones themselves. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes...I don't know. That's my secret wish as well, to have a guy who I could take care of and cook for him and do sweet things for him (: But I suppose in today's world, that means I'm "submissive" or something :rolleyes:

Yep- I totally agree!

Original post by riotgrrl
Sadly, I think the old gem of "you'll find them when you stop looking" is pretty true. One day you'll be out and about, doing your own thing, happy being single and bam! there they are :tongue:

yey let us hope so :woo:
Reply 33
Original post by tite23

Exactly :smile:. I hope guys like little sweet me.
Original post by Lucia.
Exactly :smile:. I hope guys like little sweet me.

We do, girls like the ones on this thread are just hard to find. Extremely.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary

yey - we're valued :jumphug: - the guys on here sound great too :tongue:
Reply 36
I feel like this.

5 months ago me and my first love broke. And, it was my first serious relaitonship, and it was the happiest time of my life, even though she was only 17 (I'm 20) and it wasn't as "serious" for her because she is quite immature for her age. But, I really loved her alot, and we was together for 10 months.

I always knew I was a relationship type person, I don't paticulary like being single, I like the closeness and caring for someone and being in love, for me it is the most important thing in life.

But, I know it could take years to find the right girl again, and I really don't want to wait that long.
I just want a best friend and a girl Irealy love and that loves me and someone always at your side :frown:

I miss it.

:frown:
yey - we're valued :jumphug: - the guys on here sound great too :tongue:

lol yep, just don't give up hope. Like riotgirl says; a lot of people find their partners when they least expect it :h:
Reply 38
wow i didn't expect to get so many replys thansk guys really given me hope
Reply 39
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary

Oh, that's good to know (: I guess it'll all be worth it in the end :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending