The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Offers 2006

Well offers have started coming in from UCL as well by now so I thought, its about time to start listing them. It's never too early.
See who the (potential) 2006 UCL crew will be. I've listed those I could find, including mine, and anyone else who has offers please post them in this format, or if you want your listed one changed:

Name
Course
Offer
(Offer details)

You may have noticed, the revised edition, thanks in part to EamonnHF's advice, is now listed by subject. Hope it helps. If you don't agree with any of the groupings, feel free to criticise.

Anthropology

georgiapatience
Anthropology
AAB
Art, English Language, Psychology

PsychadelicTreeHugger
Anthropology
14 french baccalaureat with 15 in english, 15 in bio or geography and 12 in maths

Biomedical Science

Alia
Biomedical Science
Unconditional

Lizzy
BBB

Metaphore
Biomedical Sciences
BBB
Biology, Chemistry, Physics

Chemistry (&related)

Emily
Medicinal Chemistry
Conditions pending

Forkwise
Chemical Physics
BBB
Chemistry, Maths, Physics

GlitterKitty
MSci Chemistry with a European Language
BBB
B in both Chemistry and German, and a B in either Human Biology or History.

harrison
Chemical Engineering
BBB

IainM
Biochemistry
AAB
A in Chemistry and Maths

SithMaster
Chemical Engineering
BBB

Economics

FanKan
Economics and Business with East European Studies with a Year Abroad
ABB
A in Maths, B in Economics, B in Business Studies

Biffy Clyro
AAA

Oxford is CHAV!
Economics
AAA
Mathematics

uthinkilltellyou
Economics&business with eastern european studies (plus Year Abroad)
ABB

ESPS

Eidothea
ESPS
AAA

FarEastGerman
ESPS (with French)
AAA
French, History and Maths or English Literature

Kismet
ESPS
probably unconditional

tailindl
ESPS (with German)
14 overall on french bac, with at least 14.5 in german, 15 in History/Geography and 10 in maths, as well as 14 in english.

-x- Lici -x-
AAA

Geography

Pat Kirkbright/Paddy K
Geography F800
AAB
A in geog

lyreco/Paul Wilson
Geography F800
ABB
A in Geography

History

ConsciousSister
History
ABB

Danny
Ancient History BA
B (History) B (Politics or media)

EamonnHF
History V100
A in German re-sit and an authenticated copy of the reference

evilheat
History V101
Unconditional

mehak
History V100
AAA

naughty uk2
Ancient History and Egyptology
AAB
A History, AB in Chemistry or English Literature

satyricon
History V100
???

sl 6789
History V100
AAA

Languages

Modern Languages-French and Spanish
ABB

Anything
History and Russian
???

dismal laundry
R991 Language and Culture, French main language, Danish second language
History HL 6, English HL 6, total 36, already have AP French Language grade 5
Ludivine
Modern Languages (French and Russian)
unconditional

Madelyn
French and Italian
unconditional

Madelyn
French and Russian
unconditional

midnight tiptoe
French and Philosophy
AAB
A in French

vonderlust
Language and Culture (French)
AAB

Law

idealz
L100
AAA
Maths, Economics, Business Studies OR Accounting;PASS at AS

Pinguin
Law/German double degree (M146)
1,5 in Abitur (Equivalent to AAA/AAB)

Redsapphire2000
Law
Unconditional

Tommerh
Law
AAA

yash99
Law
AAA

Mathematics (&related)

jb_sweden
G1L1 BSc Mathematics with Economics
Unconditional

PennyRoyalTea
Mathematics and Statistical Science (GGC3)
AAA
A in Maths, Biology and Chemistry

xyon
Maths with Modern Languages
AAB
A in Maths, B in Further Maths

Medicine

coolrunnings
Medicine
AABe

Parag
Medicine
AABe

Theoretical Physics

Fernand
Theoretical Physics (4 years)
BBB

martika
Theoretical Physics 4 years
Conditional 35 points IB

Pelactere galea
Theoretical Physics, 4 years
Conditional-?

Other

beanie
Linguistics
BBB

blahblah08
Psychology
ABB, pass at AS

Cate
Environmental Geoscience
ABB

Dann
English Literature
AAA

HellBoy
Computer Science
ABB
A in Maths, B in Biology and English Lit

FGC0 - Natural Sciences
AAB in any order in
Chemistry History Mathematics

jinsisi
SOREL (Statistics, Operational Research, Economics and Spanish)
ABB

Mrs. Rickman
English
AAA

Name - morrison
Course - Architecture
Offer conditions - ABB

Raulinho7
Civil Engineering MEng
ABB or AAC

Tyriel
Human Genetics
Conditional - 32 with 6 5 5 in HL.

Dragonbaby (mature student)
Ancient History and Social Anthropology
Conditional-pass access course

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wrote this in another thread but I have an unconditional offer for French and Russian. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I have an offer of ABB for environmental geoscience. :smile:
Reply 3
updated, and congratulated....so you've already finished school? where? (Uk or abroad?) And do you think you'll accpet?
Reply 4
FarEastGerman
updated, and congratulated....so you've already finished school? where? (Uk or abroad?) And do you think you'll accpet?

Finished school in the UK, now living in Paris as part of my gap year. I was thinking of accepting but now I'm trying to decide between UCL and Durham. I haven't been invited to an open day but I'm going to try to visit UCL soon and then will decide whether to accept. Are you accepting? :smile:
Reply 5
Paris! Whoa! I'd love to live there....and if i'm lucky i will for a year in my Year Abroad if i do take ESPS....
I haven't made my mind up yet, frankly, i know UCL is a great place but I've also applied to York and Warwick for PPE and they're ALSO great places....And after getting rejected from oxford im still wondering about a gap year, so that's also making my decision harder...
Atm though i think i'll take what i have and go for UCL. Should be an awesome four years!
Reply 6
FarEastGerman
Paris! Whoa! I'd love to live there....and if i'm lucky i will for a year in my Year Abroad if i do take ESPS....
I haven't made my mind up yet, frankly, i know UCL is a great place but I've also applied to York and Warwick for PPE and they're ALSO great places....And after getting rejected from oxford im still wondering about a gap year, so that's also making my decision harder...
Atm though i think i'll take what i have and go for UCL. Should be an awesome four years!

Yep, Paris is really great. I was rejected by Cambridge but I wouldn't consider reapplying, though it's different for me I suppose, bc I'm already having a gap year. Have you been to UCL? It seems really good though perhaps a slightly lonely place to be...
Reply 7
wow you sound like me.
rejected from cambridge, want to go to ucl, and do frnehc, france in my gap year........
if i get in .... to ucl i mean, or its durham for me :wink:
Reply 8
jb_sweden
G1L1 BSc Mathematics with Economics
Unconditional
Reply 9
Ludivine
Have you been to UCL? It seems really good though perhaps a slightly lonely place to be...

Well i went there for interview and a 'guided tour' by current ESPS students. I'm not sure of my opinion, facility-wise it was OK although i have no point of reference except Oxford, and i don't think drawing that comparison is meaningful...
The tutorial system/best student to tutor ratio is definitely a huge plus. I'm in a small private school now, so the change to big impersonal mass lectures only would quite daunting....so UCL has a big advantage..I'm just worried, as you said, that universities in London, and i suppose UCL, don't really have that 'campus feel' as much as in other places...Don't want to be stuck in a big city knowing no-one!

I'm still waiting to see if Warwick makes me an offer, then i'll decide.
Reply 10
coolies I'm already in the list :biggrin:

I've already accepted my offer as a firm conditional
Reply 11
I have an offer of BBB for Chemical Engineering. :smile:
Reply 12
FarEastGerman
Well i went there for interview and a 'guided tour' by current ESPS students. I'm not sure of my opinion, facility-wise it was OK although i have no point of reference except Oxford, and i don't think drawing that comparison is meaningful...
The tutorial system/best student to tutor ratio is definitely a huge plus. I'm in a small private school now, so the change to big impersonal mass lectures only would quite daunting....so UCL has a big advantage..I'm just worried, as you said, that universities in London, and i suppose UCL, don't really have that 'campus feel' as much as in other places...Don't want to be stuck in a big city knowing no-one!

I'm still waiting to see if Warwick makes me an offer, then i'll decide.

That's exactly it.. the fact that it might be kind of isolating in London. And I'm pretty confused bc even if I try and organise a visit to UCL, I'm hardly going to be able to see during that day if the place is indeed isolating. So I'm considering choosing Durham despite my original inclination that UCL was my ideal place.

jessicat - I hope you recieve the UCL offer; good luck. :smile:
SOREL (Statistics, Operational Research, Economics and Spanish)
ABB
Ludivine
That's exactly it.. the fact that it might be kind of isolating in London. And I'm pretty confused bc even if I try and organise a visit to UCL, I'm hardly going to be able to see during that day if the place is indeed isolating. So I'm considering choosing Durham despite my original inclination that UCL was my ideal place.

jessicat - I hope you recieve the UCL offer; good luck. :smile:

Take it from existing UCL students, the place is far from isolating once you're here... everyone makes their friends (unless they are that difficult!!)

I'd say it would look more isolating as a visitor as opposed to being a student.
Reply 15
President_Ben

I'd say it would look more isolating as a visitor as opposed to being a student.

I really agree. A mere few hours visit can hardly give you an impression of what studying, people and generally life in any uni is like, and it would be foolish to make a decision solely on a first impression...As a visitor naturally everything will feel a bit alien and strange and uninviting.
I suppose there's always a 'cat in the bag' element in choosing a university (don't look at me funnily, it's a german expression) when making your choice, since you can never predict exactly how you personally will enjoy life there. Even after hours of reading forums and listening to current students...
I think/hope anyway that wherever I'll go I'll come to like it there-there's not really much of a choice anyway!

And congratulations to everyone else with offers!
Reply 16
martika
Theoretical Physics 4 years
Conditional 35 points IB
FarEastGerman
'cat in the bag'

Schrodinger's Cat!! :cool:
Reply 18
President_Ben
Schrodinger's Cat!! :cool:

Hmm, interesting, but thats not what i meant...
It's, I think, a quite old saying, basically if you are making a decision of which you can't foresee the outcome/don't know everything about you are 'buying a cat in a bag' ('Die Katze im Sack'). Although why anyone would want to buy a cat in a bag, i don't understand either...
hehe
Reply 19
FarEastGerman
Hmm, interesting, but thats not what i meant...
It's, I think, a quite old saying, basically if you are making a decision of which you can't foresee the outcome/don't know everything about you are 'buying a cat in a bag' ('Die Katze im Sack'). Although why anyone would want to buy a cat in a bag, i don't understand either...
hehe

In English we have a saying that someone has 'let the cat out of the bag' which I assume comes from the same root: during the middle ages you'd buy piglets at markets in a bag, sometimes you'd go home, open it up and find an unscrupulous pig-merchant had sold you a cat instead. Interesting that it happened in Germany as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending