The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Madelyn
I now have unconditional offers for French and Italian and French and Russian (how many ands?). Woo.

Are you planning on accepting either of them? I've accepted my unconditional for French and Russian... Now I just want to start already.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Wow, Madelyn, French and Italian and French and Russian! Quite a load there-were you trying to play it safe or how come you picked two courses?

And congratulations/respect for it in any case!
FarEastGerman
Ah yes the good old days of obsessing about UCAS track...how long ago does that seem by now!

not very!..I'm still checking track about every 5 hours..:eek:
:biggrin: Just got my unconditional offer for Law.
Reply 84
Chemical Physics
BBB (Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
martika
martika
Theoretical Physics 4 years
Conditional 35 points IB

*woot woot* moi aussi! Except the IB bittie. Am an unfortunate Alevel student through and through.
Really random question and way too in advance but when do we get sent reading lists etc, presumably it's after the UCAS deadline for accepting offers, but is it before results?
Reply 87
ABB offer for EBEES as SSEES :biggrin:
Reply 88
First of all: I don't know.

But, using my specific brand of common sense, i'd say yes. Wouldn't the university want their students to come as prepared as possible when semester starts?-thus sending off reading lists from May onwards rather than when results come out in August. More time to read reading lists.

On the other hand, if you go and buy all the books on the list and then in August only find out you've not met your offer, that would be quite impractical. Hmm.

Why do you ask different?? Are you that eager to get started?
FarEastGerman
First of all: I don't know.

But, using my specific brand of common sense, i'd say yes. Wouldn't the university want their students to come as prepared as possible when semester starts?-thus sending off reading lists from May onwards rather than when results come out in August. More time to read reading lists.

On the other hand, if you go and buy all the books on the list and then in August only find out you've not met your offer, that would be quite impractical. Hmm.

Why do you ask different?? Are you that eager to get started?

Eager as in I want to get away from school life, so as university is the next step I want it to come asap, although i wouldn't say no to an eternal holiday! Also asking because i am a complete ignoramus about such things as I don't know anyone at university.
Reply 90
I've actually considered emailing and asking for the reading list in advance bc I feel like I may as well get started since I've got the year off. I feel that I may as well make a start if they're willing to let me.
You may find it on the UCL/course website.
Reply 92
i just got an offer for french (with polish) i mean the degree is called language and culture! woo :smile: xxx
hey, looks like ill be seeing you vonderlust etc! :P
Most departments put reading lists onto their websites. Otherwise, contact a student/the department and they should help you.

Anyone who wants one regarding economics can definitely ask me.
Reply 94
Holographic
You may find it on the UCL/course website.

I did a search but couldn't find it, so I'll email. I don't care about seeming eager. :cool:
Excellent idea.

Proactive = good.
Reply 96
Name: Alia
Course: Biomedical science
Offer: unconditional
Reply 97
Yeah, got into ESPS!!
AAA offer though. Oh well, have to start working hard.
Reply 98
Well done Eidothea! Join the crew!
What's your language btw? and did UCL specify which subjects they want A's in?

As for the reading lists, i agree "proactive=good". Very broadly. Ludivine, should you be emailing about ESPS reading lists, it would be nice to know the outcome!
Reply 99
Eidothea
Yeah, got into ESPS!!
AAA offer though. Oh well, have to start working hard.

Congrats! See you next year ! :biggrin:

I would really like to know who got in from my interview day... :smile:

For ESPS reading lists: I'd be willing to have a copy if anyone manages to get it.

Latest

Trending

Trending