The Student Room Group

Awful AS grades! Will i be rejected even though i am retaking them all? Help please!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by bijesh12
chances are you will get the offer, if your personal statement is good. And put big effort into your january exams, you don't want to be retaking these modules again in June. Did u drop physics ?, i mean its really tough getting from a U to a B, no offence, its one of the toughest alevels out there.

No i didnt drop physics. I got a B and D and U in my 3 modules. The U was because i didnt sit the exam due to certain cirucmstances
Reply 61
Original post by BecM
No i didnt drop physics. I got a B and D and U in my 3 modules. The U was because i didnt sit the exam due to certain cirucmstances

didn't read your OP, sorry. Yeh that should be ok. Just revise like mad i guess !!! Do loads of practice papers, dont waste time rewriting notes again and again. Maths and Physics are perfected with practice, don't generalise on examples. Learn the theory and make sure you understand it !
Reply 62
thats okay, yeah thats the plan. I cant help but think im way in over my head lol!
Original post by BecM
I think i will see if they can add in the reference. Which unis did u apply to

Thanks!

Southampton (rejected), Leeds (rejected), Liverpool (offer), Sheffield (offer), Loughborough (offer).
Reply 64
Original post by BecM
Is that done through UCAS, or is it a case of ringing universities?

Via UCAS.

The best advice I could give you is to get your tutor/career's advisor to mention your circumstances in your reference. Then, depending on your predictions, I believe you can still get into the course you wish to this year. Just make sure you work extremely hard and get what you need to. That is the most crucial bit of it all. If you get the grades you need in August, then it's not if, but a matter of when. You might have to take a year out or you could get in via adjustment but crucially, you will get in in the end to the course you wish.

Good luck :wink:
Reply 65
I will be applying for leeds, heriot watt,portsmouth, plymouth and maybe exeter
Reply 66
Original post by Pn94
Via UCAS.

The best advice I could give you is to get your tutor/career's advisor to mention your circumstances in your reference. Then, depending on your predictions, I believe you can still get into the course you wish to this year. Just make sure you work extremely hard and get what you need to. That is the most crucial bit of it all. If you get the grades you need in August, then it's not if, but a matter of when. You might have to take a year out or you could get in via adjustment but crucially, you will get in in the end to the course you wish.

Good luck :wink:

Thankyou for the advice!
Original post by Hal E. Luya
You cretin. Go get a life. My ex girlfriend flunked her first year, and she just got her first in Cambridge.

Do you know what seperates people like us (Successful people) from you? We don't shut down when things get tough. Just because you need a good sob when things aren't nice is no reason to come and vent on TSR, and potentially smash somebodies confidence forever.

Edit: Yes! Negative rating, but no reply, means I won and you turned TSR off. Pwned.

No, that was others negging you fool. But I'll give you one now because you you hurt my feelings with your comment hahahaha.
Reply 68
Original post by BecM
yeah same! someone has just said that it is not compulsory to put down your AS results on UCAS. Just put down 'pending' Alevels basically.

PS. BCCCD is good in comparison to my awful grades! lol
good luck

unfortunately my college requires ALL the grades to be put down -.- even though i told them i didn't want them to!! so my A in unit 1 is down, and unfortunately the E as well for Law :frown: and same for Business, A in unit 1 but a D for unit 2 instead. oh god it looks so bad, considering I'm applying to an AAB uni I'm hoping SO much I won't get a rejection but in all honesty I think I will :/ and i'm absolutely gutted because it's my dream uni :frown:
Reply 69
I did **** in AS with CDEEU becuase of family issues. This yr they made me dumb down my subjects and treat me like a ****ing thicko! Just try, thats what Im doing, might have to get throguh in clearing, what are your predicted grades?
Reply 70
Original post by bexstarr

unfortunately my college requires ALL the grades to be put down -.- even though i told them i didn't want them to!! so my A in unit 1 is down, and unfortunately the E as well for Law :frown: and same for Business, A in unit 1 but a D for unit 2 instead. oh god it looks so bad, considering I'm applying to an AAB uni I'm hoping SO much I won't get a rejection but in all honesty I think I will :/ and i'm absolutely gutted because it's my dream uni :frown:

Im applying to AAB aswell. Leeds! desperate to go there! the rest of my choices are BBB
Reply 71
Original post by sb123303
I did **** in AS with CDEEU becuase of family issues. This yr they made me dumb down my subjects and treat me like a ****ing thicko! Just try, thats what Im doing, might have to get throguh in clearing, what are your predicted grades?

Im predicted B's. I was told ( before everything went wrong lol ) that i could push for A's. So B to A really
Original post by BecM
Im predicted B's. I was told ( before everything went wrong lol ) that i could push for A's. So B to A really

Unless you are at one of the handful of independent schools which do not cash in AS results (and it really is a tiny number), you will have to declare your AS results as it became compulsory for state schools this year.
Reply 73
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Unless you are at one of the handful of independent schools which do not cash in AS results (and it really is a tiny number), you will have to declare your AS results as it became compulsory for state schools this year.

thanks for clarifying this. :smile:
Original post by BecM
thanks for clarifying this. :smile:

No prob.
Reply 75
Original post by BecM
Im applying to AAB aswell. Leeds! desperate to go there! the rest of my choices are BBB

what are your predicted grades? my teachers don't believe me when i say that i can do better in my resits and have predicted me straight C's :'( so there's like a 90% chance i'm going to get rejected from the aab uni :/
Reply 76
Original post by bexstarr
what are your predicted grades? my teachers don't believe me when i say that i can do better in my resits and have predicted me straight C's :'( so there's like a 90% chance i'm going to get rejected from the aab uni :/

BBB but i really want to push for the A in maths! Im just finishing my personal statement, i think thats what is going to help me the most because i have a lot of work experience. Im revising so mcuh at the mo!
Reply 77
January went okay, I got ACC before messing up in June and getting DEE which dragged down my AS grades to CDD. I'm predicted ABC.

If you are resitting you will be able to do better, just be realistic with your university choices.

I got a conditional offer from the University of Hull today. They want ABB so that highlights how important a strong personal statement can be.

It's up to me to do my part now.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 78
I got EEEU, due to personal health circumstances. My predictions are BCD, which I'm not too happy with, so atm i'm, trying to bump up the D grade. I'm applying for a Sports Science course...

I was also told to retake the year, but was forced by parents and teachers to carry on, and i'm also fearing 5 rejections. But, don't worry, whatever happens, happens for the best :].

I was told the best thing to do is; ring up your University choices, explain to them what happened (a week before you hand in ucas, or as it is being processed). Then e-mail your universities again, briefly stating that you're contacting them again and that you spoke over the phone to them. This is something i'll be doing too, as this year I know I can smack my AS resits (I've got 5) and my A2 exams.

Best of luck! Xxxx
Reply 79
Original post by Stringy
January went okay, I got ACC before messing up in June and getting DEE which dragged down my AS grades to CDD. I'm predicted ABC.

If you are resitting you will be able to do better, just be realistic with your university choices.

I got a conditional offer from the University of Hull today. They want ABB so that highlights how important a strong personal statement can be.

It's up to me to do my part now.

Good luck :smile:

Thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending