The Student Room Group

Access course help

I am currently trying to apply for Lancaster university as a mature student. My problem is they have advised I need to do an access course before I can be considered. I have found an access course at Bolton university called the Institute of Mathematics’ Polymath Certificate, I can start this course in January and it will be complete by June. What I can’t find out is the actual qualification I get from this as the other access courses give an access diploma but this one doesn’t seem to. Bolton advise it is the equivalent however. Bolton also advised I should get in touch with Lancaster to make sure that this course will give me a chance of being considered. I contacted Lancaster who advised I need to speak to the department that provide the course I eventually want to do. This has been the main problem, it’s the school of computing and communications, they have a number for enquires which they never answer and I have been trying to contact them for 4 days. I have also sent them 4 emails and have not yet received a reply and I want to get all this sorted so I can apply ASAP.

So what I’m looking for is maybe someone who has done this course at Bolton or somewhere else who can maybe advise the qualification received and if it would count as an access course to a computer course to most university’s?

Your help will be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Not much advice anyone can give accept you have to check with the uni. Maybe ring round other universities to see if they would accept it so you get a vague idea if it's a qualification that's widely accepted.

Good luck.:smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for your help. I have since done some research and now think it will be enough to get me considered - thanks for wishing me luck as well as i think im going to need it!! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending