The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
**Updated with another new photo!**

You look fab - really pretty and of course so much healthier!! Well done
Jesus Mary and Joseph! Your an inspiration.
Your not ugly :smile: Trust me, I'd say if you were, look at my beautiful red bars.
Having too much fat on your face makes the majority of people ugly so that's probably the only reason anyone ever said that to you.
Well done :smile: You can be an inspiration to others :smile:
Really impressive, you look so much better in the may pictures. Hopefully you are more happy.
**Updated with another new photo!**

Wow you look amazing! Your legs and waist are so slim! Well done!

Sorry for asking this but do you have any 'loose' skin? That's my biggest worry with weight loss! You see all those pictures of women losing weight and having so much excess.

What was your workout routine?
Reply 465
wow, that's so much inspiration, you look totally different to your /before/.

Proves that people can lose weight. If determination is there.
Original post by Linzikins
Wow you look amazing! Your legs and waist are so slim! Well done!

Sorry for asking this but do you have any 'loose' skin? That's my biggest worry with weight loss! You see all those pictures of women losing weight and having so much excess.

What was your workout routine?

Don't be sorry for asking, lots of people do! But no I don't. I'm incredibly lucky, I lost the weight slowly and exercised to try and tone up along the way.

My routine at the beginning was running (or jogging or fast walking- I was very unfit) for 30 mins 3 times a week. Then I added a couple more walks into it, and now I exercise for at least half an hour every day plus lifting weights! It's hard work but well worth it in the long term. :-).
You've now lost the weight of a small person. Absolutely fantastic.
Woah, thats amazing. I am not going to try my best to lose some :smile:
Thanks for posting your story and pictures so bravely. You're a real life inspiration for all of us :smile:
I don't know you but I am proud of you! Well done!!
Reply 471
well done ! you look great x
OMG, wow. Everyone is right, you should be proud of yourself. Doing that is not something just anyone can do. :biggrin: xxx
Reply 473
Wooow!! That is totally amazing!!!
You've inspired me ... Hopefully i get to lose that much weightt :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 474
congrats, thats real motivation.
No way that after pic is defo not u soz sis
Reply 476
You're still doing brilliantly.
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

EDIT: 20/11/2011 3lbs lost, 75lbs down in total.

5/12/2011 1lb lost, 76lbs down in total.

EDIT: Another "progress pic". One pic taken in June, and one was taken yesterday (January 5th). Can especially see the differences in my collar bones! I didn't even know they existed in June, lol.

Spoiler

First ever time wearing a dress in public, 27th January 2012:

Spoiler

April 2012 edit: I am now a NORMAL BMI and have lost 89lbs altogether. I forgot about this thread but someone messaged me about it and reminded me, so thought I'd post a bit of an update. Thank you everyone, you're all fantastic.

May 2012 edit:

Here is a photo of 91lbs lost.

Spoiler

27/05/2012:

Spoiler

JUNE 2012 COMPARISON PHOTO:

March 2013 edit:

I hit my ultimate goal weight in December 2012, and am doing a great job of maintaining that weight so far. I know people were a little dubious about whether I would see this through until the end, and whether I would be able to maintain my weight after that.. well so far so good I guess!

Feb 2018 edit:

So, I'm back on TSR for one reason or another, and I thought I would drop back in here on the off-chance there's anyone who cares about how I'm doing.

Looking back over old photos of me from when I was losing weight, I got too thin. I was a "healthy" BMI, but I looked way too skinny. So I started going to the gym and lifting, and looked much better - but gained around 10lbs. I have now maintained that weight, and body composition, for a few years, and am very happy the way I am. I eat healthily but with treats sometimes, I don't shy away from going out for meals, and my friends comment on how much happier I am.

This will almost certainly be the last time I update this, but my message to you all is that if you are losing weight, please stay realistic about it. What the BMI scale says you "should" weigh isn't always the truth. I have been at both ends of the spectrum now - far too heavy, and far too skinny. I believe both are as unhealthy. I have now found a happy medium, however that's not to say it's been easy.

So, I would fully recommend losing weight and getting into shape, but please keep it in perspective and find the right weight for YOU, not what anyone else thinks.

ah. just got the link to this, never seen this thread but erm yeah well deserved reps for losing that much even though the pics are now gone. Sure it looks great. Dont kill me for bumping.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
ah. just got the link to this, never seen this thread but erm yeah well deserved reps for losing that much even though the pics are now gone. Sure it looks great. Dont kill me for bumping.

I don't understand why the pics have gone to be honest - they're still at the source, just the links don't seem to be working! I haven't actually removed them.

Quick Reply

Latest