The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

it works out as just over 1.5lbs per week so if anyone needs to lose that much its very doable
Reply 81
Amazing, congratulations, that's such an amazing achievement :smile:
Wow that's incredible! So well done you should be so proud of that! Such an inspiration for many. I admire your motivation :smile:
Original post by Trigger
You know what, after reading your post i finally decided to get off my butt and join the gym. I start tomorrow :biggrin:

Fantastic! This is the reaction I was hoping for. You'll feel so much better for it :-).

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
you look totally awesome. I've told you before anyway you're my inspiration :biggrin: Well done chuck keep at it, you can reach your goal I know you can.

Thank you. I know you'll reach your goal, too, you've done ever so well. Haven't heard much from you recently though, how's it going?

Original post by jaklargerne
First of all, congratulations! Inspiring effort! Don't get me wrong, as I'm seriously impessed, but did you have some kind of plastic surgery as I imagine there was a lot of skin which was needed back when you weighed more?

Thank you :-). I lost it relatively slowly, as it was pointed out above, it works out at about 1.5lbs per week on average.. plus I'm young so it's easier for skin to do what I want it to.. also I was exfoliating my skin every day so think that helped tighten it up a little bit. I don't imagine I'll ever have a body as toned as I'd like, but the skin thing isn't a problem at all. Guess I was lucky!

Original post by friendlyface
You're Phenomenal you are. -72lbs in 11months!
You look really great :smile:
May I ask you how much exercise you did on a daily basis and your calorie intake? x

Thank you :-). When I first started I was eating 1,400 cals per day, and did an hour's walking plus a half hour jog (round the house, on the Wii :colondollar:) most days. I've got a little bit more relaxed since uni started again but that's because I have so much work to do.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

When you make such changes people always have something negative to say. (Samething happened to me and people were saying that I was too skinny)

But you know what ......
That really is AMAZING, well done and keep it up!! :smile:
Reply 86
you look great!!
Reply 87
well done, i know how hard it is to lose weight, i used to weigh 125 kg and i went down to 70 kg, then i started lifting weights and weigh about 85 kg now, i had to pile on some weight after because i was left with a lot of gross loose skin so maybe you might want to start some weight lifting early to help tone you up, il ad pics if anyone actually quotes this and is bothered lol
Reply 88
Congrats OP :smile:
Original post by jus2sik
well done, i know how hard it is to lose weight, i used to weigh 125 kg and i went down to 70 kg, then i started lifting weights and weigh about 85 kg now, i had to pile on some weight after because i was left with a lot of gross loose skin so maybe you might want to start some weight lifting early to help tone you up, il ad pics if anyone actually quotes this and is bothered lol

Post the pics then there's a bit of motivation for blokes, too :-). But loose skin doesn't seem to be a problem to me so far, probably because I've managed to lose the weight nice and slowly.

Thank you. I know you'll reach your goal, too, you've done ever so well. Haven't heard much from you recently though, how's it going?

Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Don't let the blip get you down- you've come so far, and 6 little pounds are nothing in comparison to how far you've come :-). My Tesco has a KK counter, too, but I've never actually tried them!! Don't want to in case I get addicted.

Your figure looks amazing, though! Couldn't see much because it's dark, but you look much, much smaller than a size 12.

I look forward to seeing your success video on your birthday; I'm sure you'll get there. xx
Reply 92
Post the pics then there's a bit of motivation for blokes, too :-). But loose skin doesn't seem to be a problem to me so far, probably because I've managed to lose the weight nice and slowly.

lol i should have taken that approach, i lost it in about a year, i didnt take many pix of myself when i was at my biggest so ive added the the oldest one i could find which is me at about 110 kg with an arab beard to cover my chins lol

i will try and look for a better pic because you can barely see anything but i didnt like taking pix of myself so this will be hard
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Very well done! I did this once upon a time as well (having struggled with weight gain since early childhood), so I understand how satisfying it is. :biggrin: It's lifechanging, indeed. I sort of get the feeling that people who've always been skinny will never get the same sense of joy that comes with losing a **** load of weight, and going on to do and get a lot of stuff which you never could have done/got before.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Suetonius
Very well done! I did this once upon a time as well (having struggled with weight gain since early childhood), so I understand how satisfying it is. :biggrin: It's lifechanging, indeed. I sort of get the feeling that people who've always been skinny will never get the same sense of joy that comes with losing a **** load of weight, and going on to do and get a lot of stuff which you never could have done/got before.

why didnt you ad a pic of him being a cat
Reply 95
i know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

i donno i think your pretty in both
Reply 96
Woohoo well done :smile:
Reply 97
Congratulations, extra motivation for myself.

if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

My honest thought on this, I was worried when I saw...the thread title. I rarely see a thread that says lost 72lbs with photos included before and after.

Actually its the only thread I've seen in my entire TSR member life.

Looking at the photo, there was definitely a big change. Good way? Well as long your happy with achieving your goal, then I'm happy :biggrin:

I think at the end of the day, size for anyone can be a concerning matter, more so for girls but still guys too. To me, being happy and being yourself is the number one priority. Just want to say well done you! :smile: I bet you have more options to choose and wear pretty clothes you've always wanted to look good in!

Definitely a good motivation for people out there, I think it's what most people need, a good role model. :smile:
Reply 99
Well jel :frown: Wish I had this motivation!

Quick Reply

Latest