The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
you still have a way to go...
Original post by Tsubasa
you still have a way to go...

Yes I'm aware of that :-). 33lbs to be exact. But I think I've proved I can do it, now.
Keep up the great work! :h: :yy:
Reply 103
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Wow thank you everyone you're all so lovely. Plus comments like this really help me to keep the motivation up :-).

That will be me next year, hopefully... Just one question did you have any problems with excess skin? I'm really worried about this!
Original post by Mudya
That will be me next year, hopefully... Just one question did you have any problems with excess skin? I'm really worried about this!

I didn't personally, but then again I do still have a fair way to go.. and I know of some people who did have a problem with it. But when I started, all I was thinking was that it's better to have excess skin and be healthy, right? I was lucky, though.
Original post by jus2sik
lol i should have taken that approach, i lost it in about a year, i didnt take many pix of myself when i was at my biggest so ive added the the oldest one i could find which is me at about 110 kg with an arab beard to cover my chins lol

i will try and look for a better pic because you can barely see anything but i didnt like taking pix of myself so this will be hard

You can really tell the difference in your face, well done! :-). HUUUGE sense of achievement, right?
I haven't been able to read through the whole thread but that's a fantastic opening post :yy:
Credit to you for keeping it simple and not going down the fad diet route :smile:

All the best going forwards, keep it up :biggrin:
Wow, did you realise you have lost half of my current body weight?!:eek:

Angel, you are actually amazing and I have no doubt that you have inspired me and many other people to stick at their weight loss! :grouphugs:
Can this be stickied? Seriously this is absolutely amazing. A lot of respect to you.
Reply 109
Well done, you've made a great achievement. You're right to be proud of yourself.

Can I ask though, how long did it take you to lose that much weight?
Original post by TomJ17
Well done, you've made a great achievement. You're right to be proud of yourself.

Can I ask though, how long did it take you to lose that much weight?

First pic is from Jan 2011, second pic was from two weeks ago :-).

Original post by lolololol
Wow, did you realise you have lost half of my current body weight?!:eek:

Angel, you are actually amazing and I have no doubt that you have inspired me and many other people to stick at their weight loss! :grouphugs:

Hopefully by the time I'm done I'll have lost half of my own original body weight!! ..even though I'm not entirely sure what my heaviest weight was as I was in denial for an awful long time, I might have lost much more than 72lbs :biggrin:.

Original post by Aeschylus
Can this be stickied? Seriously this is absolutely amazing. A lot of respect to you.

Wish it could be! Then whenever anyone came onto the fitness forum they'd have to look at my lovely face ;-).
Well done, takes a lot of will power to get up and make the necessary changes to improve your overall life. I hope all these comments encourage you to continue the hard work and stay healthy long after you reach your target weight.
This is an amazing achievement, you look great! Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Tokyoround
Well done, takes a lot of will power to get up and make the necessary changes to improve your overall life. I hope all these comments encourage you to continue the hard work and stay healthy long after you reach your target weight.

Honestly, comments like this really do keep me going.. it's mad the amount of support I've got from everyone!
Reply 114
Wow that's a huge change, well done :P

How long did it take you to lose the 72lbs?

edit: nevermind I just read above :rolleyes:

My girlfriend says well done and asks if you cut out all junk completely or did you treat yourself sometimes? (she wants to start losing weight too)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 115
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

Congrats! Can't see why anyone would be nasty. I hope you're feeling great that you've pretty much achieved what you were aiming for!
Original post by TheGoat
Wow that's a huge change, well done :P

How long did it take you to lose the 72lbs?

edit: nevermind I just read above :rolleyes:

My girlfriend says well done and asks if you cut out all junk completely or did you treat yourself sometimes? (she wants to start losing weight too)

:-). Thank you.

For the first five months (between Jan and May) I gave up junk completely and lost weight probably a little bit too quickly.. but I think it's easier to lose weight the bigger you are anyway (if that makes sense).. then started giving myself a bit of a break as it was just too hard to maintain and started letting myself have maybe the odd biscuit here and there.. but I exercised to make up for that, and was good most of the time :-).
Reply 117
:-). Thank you.

For the first five months (between Jan and May) I gave up junk completely and lost weight probably a little bit too quickly.. but I think it's easier to lose weight the bigger you are anyway (if that makes sense).. then started giving myself a bit of a break as it was just too hard to maintain and started letting myself have maybe the odd biscuit here and there.. but I exercised to make up for that, and was good most of the time :-).

Oo I see. What kind of exercise did you do? And how often, how intense etc :tongue:
Good on you. Normally when people lose weight drastically they do it too fast and end up with excess skin knocking about causing all sorts of hooplah. But you've done it at the right speed, you look great, well done :smile:
Original post by TheGoat
Oo I see. What kind of exercise did you do? And how often, how intense etc :tongue:

Just jogging really, not majorly intense.. but I'm still quite overweight so I'm going to step it up a bit after Christmas then I can tone up as well as losing weight.

Original post by Blind Ferret
Good on you. Normally when people lose weight drastically they do it too fast and end up with excess skin knocking about causing all sorts of hooplah. But you've done it at the right speed, you look great, well done :smile:

I saw this documentary where this really overweight guy had lost weight and his excess skin was left flapping down by his knees.. I was like :eek: so decided to do it healthily!!

Quick Reply

Latest