Surrey 2012 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

I wish someone could do this for psychology :-P
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 481
Original post by zaliack
Just in case any law applicants where wondering what their timetable will be like (I remember I only got mine on registration), I've noised around to find out the times:

Mondays:

11-13 Public Law I
14-16 - Property Law IA

Tuesdays:

Half of the year will be doing tutorials throughout this day

Wednesdays:

10-12 - Legal Skills lecture

Thursdays:

11-13 - Criminal Law I
14-16 - Contract Law I
14-16 - Essay Clinic (Optional)

Fridays:

The other half of the year will be doing tutorials throughout the day

You all have the same timetable as I did last year, and imo the only bad day is whichever day you have tutorials :tongue:.

If anyone is going to be studying law with criminology/international studies, I'll find out your timetable as well :smile:

Im starting Law with Criminology next year - but if you could find out an example timetable, it would help give me an idea what it will be like.
Reply 482
Original post by Fward
Im starting Law with Criminology next year - but if you could find out an example timetable, it would help give me an idea what it will be like.

Just looked it up. The only difference is the Mondays.

So it's looking like this:

10 - 11 - Crime and Society lecture (Only on weeks 5-9)
11 - 13 - Public law I
13 - 14 Crime and Society workshop (Only on Weeks 5-8)
15 - 16 - Crime and Society lecture
16 - 17 - Crime and Society tutorials

So the only real difference is that you don't have the property law IA lecture, and you'll have one less tutorial on the Tues/Thurs. I'm guessing the timetable won't change that much for next year :smile:
Just bought my Freshers wristband!
Reply 484
Original post by KingGoonIan

Me too! :smile:

And the cuddly toys...? :tongue:
Reply 486
Original post by alicex3
Me too! :smile:

Where from?

And me! I wasn't going to at first, but then I thought we're only Freshers once so why not :rolleyes: it's very exciting, can't wait to move in now!!
Original post by blue_star221
And me! I wasn't going to at first, but then I thought we're only Freshers once so why not :rolleyes: it's very exciting, can't wait to move in now!!

Felt the same way cos I dont fancy a lot of the acts but I thought I should just in case and take the opportunity to meet some new people.
Reply 489
Original post by MusicGirl93
Hey everyone,

I'm just about to finish my first year studying Music at Surrey. It's been the most amazing year and the campus and course are brilliant :smile:

If you've got any questions about Surrey or Music, just ask! :smile:

Hello! I have applied for the BMus course for next year. I was just wondering - how different did you find the course in your second year? Did you have the opportunity to choose more subjects of your liking?
thanks
Original post by kyriakos_
Hello! I have applied for the BMus course for next year. I was just wondering - how different did you find the course in your second year? Did you have the opportunity to choose more subjects of your liking?
thanks

Hi, which course did you apply for? I'm on the 'C' course, which is the 4 year course with a placement year. We have slightly less choice in modules than those on the 3 year course, as we have more compulsory modules...

How many options you get (4 modules per semester):

Semester 1, Year 1: 1
Semester 2, Year 1: 1 (2 for people on 3 year course)
Semester 1, Year 2: 1 (3 for people on 3 year course)
Semester 2, Year 2: 3 (4 for people on 3 year course)

There's quite a variety of choices for modules, so it's quite easy to choose the areas you're interested in!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 491
Original post by MusicGirl93
Hi, which course did you apply for? I'm on the 'C' course, which is the 4 year course with a placement year. We have slightly less choice in modules than those on the 3 year course, as we have more compulsory modules...

How many options you get (4 modules per semester):

Semester 1, Year 1: 1
Semester 2, Year 1: 1 (2 for people on 3 year course)
Semester 1, Year 2: 1 (3 for people on 3 year course)
Semester 2, Year 2: 3 (4 for people on 3 year course)

There's quite a variety of choices for modules, so it's quite easy to choose the areas you're interested in!

Hope this helps! :smile:

thank you very much it does help :] I had applied for the 3 year course and I have just got accepted a few days ago.
It seems that I will have a lot of choices to make in the second year! :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending