The Student Room Group

I'm a guy and I've just purchased a pair of height enhancing shoes. Waste of money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheEnigmaUK
No, I have a muscular build because I a box, that's the reason I don't like confrontations, especially on nights out, I don't want to hurt (possibly critically) someone and end up in jail! That's why I thought some height might deter the drunken idiots from starting something.

Extra height wont stop people from confronting you. If the worst should happen, a nice crisp jab will let them know that you aren't an average lackey. But if you're adding 3 inches to your height over night are you sure you'd be able to handle a confrontation? Maybe you should shadow box in your new shoes. Just saying.
Reply 81
Its 3 inch so no one will know that you are wearing a height enhancing shoe. And its your body so you can do what ever you want. I know lots of people here said that height doesn't matter but actually it does a lot, only short people understand this. Specially girls will look for height a lot, if you are tall, handsome and if you treat them like they are dogs than you will get lots of girls but yeah girls will always say that height doesn't matter and they want a nice guy but it is not the truth.
Anyway you are 5 10" so you are not short. Short is some one like me 5 6", and I am thinking to get a surgery and 2 or 3 inch height enhance shoes some day but thats not because I want to get girls, the reason for me is when I walk on the street almost every one is taller than me, even most of the girls are taller.
Do what ever you want if you dont hurt others
No, I have a muscular build because I a box, that's the reason I don't like confrontations, especially on nights out, I don't want to hurt (possibly critically) someone and end up in jail! That's why I thought some height might deter the drunken idiots from starting something.

This thread is so petty... You're going through all this trouble to command respect from people [bouncers] who have the IQ of a squirrel and probably can't even spell "I.D.".
Not to mention the fact that your height is slightly above average anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the UK average male height is somewhere around 5'9''...
You sound quite self-centered. You're acting as though everywhere you go, you are in the limelight and people are giving you attention and constantly pressuring you to engage in a physical confrontation of a violent nature. Unless you're an absolute prick, why would people be doing that?
I'm around your height and I'm also an athlete. Why have I never been approached before?
If you want proper respect, you can earn that by proving you're worthy of it. I doubt you'll gain much from being respected by a bouncer. Maybe your work collegues or boss, but not someone you will interact with for 10 seconds altogether the whole night.
If wearing high heels or height enhancers or whatever, fills the void in your life then go for it. But frankly, son, no one will respect you after knowing you did that.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm sure it'll be fine and give you a bit more confidence if you can't tell by looking at the shoes :smile: If you can tell tho you'll probably be made fun of a bit..

bear in mind, if you're confident and outgoing, people probably won't even notice your height. My last boyfriend was fairly short but i didn't even notice for ages coz he is so outgoing and sexy which made up for it :smile: and good kissing height. you shouldn't be too self-conscious about it
Reply 84
Some girls wear push up bras to boost thier confidence..so why not a guy? If you feel more confident wearing those shoes, I think it's totally fine. I don't know about the UK but in where i live guys are not ridiculed or mocked for wearing height enhacing shoes or anything, unless it's obviously overly high.
Reply 85
Okay, so I bought these shoes because they add 3 inches to your height. I am currently 5'10, but I when I'm out at a club you seem to get more respect when you are taller, especially from bouncers.

Your opinions?

OP, you don't get respect, you earn it.
Reply 86
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 88
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha, this is awesome.

http://www.increasingshoes.com/detail.asp?id=351&returnpage=/onlineorder.asp

I'm tempted to buy some to see what it's like to be 6'8.
Because considered anything close to 'gay' is an insult or a crime?

Female homophobia :rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pink Liquid
Just be happy with what you were born with and accept it. Period

I'm going to presume you wear no make up, no figure enhancing clothes, no push up bras, use no spot cream etc. etc.
Original post by effofex
Well, if females are allowed to wear heels to make themselves sexier then I see no reason why a male shouldn't do the same to make himself feel sexier. I thought gender equality was all the rage in the Western world :confused:

I'm all for men wanting to be sexy but the pic spoilered is just too weird.

Spoiler

Original post by Pink Liquid
Just be happy with what you were born with and accept it. Period

So much wrong with this post.
Reply 94
Original post by I<3LAMP

Spoiler

That's LA for you.. You actually get used to it pretty quickly.
Original post by alawhisp
That's LA for you.. You actually get used to it pretty quickly.

I have been to a couple of very camp/cross dresser haunts where you have waiters dressed in drag but it amazes me all the same.

who knows, there was a whole article in the DM about it this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2061430/High-heel-shoes-men-Would-let-man-wear-10cm-heels.html

Men may well decide one day that they want to wear heels...:h:
Original post by RunDMC
Who the **** told you that? Lol they need a slap, Being tall doesn't gain you respect in clubs, I've seen blokes 6ft 4" get smacked the **** out of by those around your height with muscle, Or bouncers being smacked around by those in the 5ft category.

Muscle > Height in clubs

More muscle, More likely nobody's going to **** with you, Thus respect.

I'm a Door Supervisor. this is just wrong
Reply 97
Original post by Bakerzoid
It's unjustifiable in business and in dating, that women put so much emphasis on height in comparison to other characteristics. Unless you believe all this rubbish about taller men being more intelligent, fitter etc.

How come lots of CEOs and MDs I see/meet seem to be quite fat and not very tall?
Reply 98
Original post by I<3LAMP

Spoiler

Well, alot of Western men find women with cakes of orange on their faces to be 'just too weird', but the women's right to feel sexier by doing so trumps the men's opinion. I think likewise, here, the man's right to feel sexier should trump any female opinions.
A guy in heels is just ... :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending