The Student Room Group

Oh dear.. what to do!

Okay, before you all start judging me, i know i've done wrong.
about a month and a half ago one of my best mates started sleeping with a guy a few years older than us. it was a total rebound thing and she was playing it really cool saying it was all a no strings rebound thing. they were both open with eachother saying there are no feelings there and they were pretty much in agreement that it was just sex. however. this guy has been sweet talking me (or trying to) for about a month now, saying he's liked me for years and never got the chance to speak to me. I've not been taking his flirting on and instead just tried to be friendly and laugh off any inappropriate comments.
anyway. last week, about 10 of us (including my best mate and this guy) went to a gig, and we ended up kissing in the crowd (both drunken, me more than him!). I ended up feeling so guilty straight away but thought i was being irrational. He wasn't guilty at all and still isnt. turns out my best mate does have feelings for him and is really pissed off at me for what happened. she's not spoken to me properly since and i don't know what to do. meanwhile he's still trying to sweet talk me and wants me to see him again.
i'm not sure whether it was just a drunken fumble or whether he just charmed me or whether i actually like him. need to sort my head out mate!
how do i get things back to normal with my friend :frown: i know i need to talk this out with her but everytime i'm with her i just feel ashamed and don't wanna say anything (which is pretty out of character)..
Guy code dictates NEVER SEE A MATE'S EX. Or current.

Whether they say it's casual or not, they are an item.
Reply 2
This is what happens when people are too coy.
Reply 3
So she got emotionally attached when she wasn't supposed to.. That's her own fault.

If she's going to lie and tell you she doesn't care, you can't be expected to be able to read her mind otherwise. However it's a bit weird that he's bouncing between flirting with you and screwing your best mate, and I suppose she could justifiably get pissed off about that.

Anyway, if you want to fix it with her, you have to be genuinely sorry, and apologise about it. Because she has feelings for him though, you probably won't be able to see him romantically. So it's up to you what you value more - her or him.
Reply 4
Original post by alawhisp
Because she has feelings for him though, you probably won't be able to see him romantically. So it's up to you what you value more - her or him.

definitely value her way more. i'm not going to see him again and get things back on track with my mate. shes more important.. he's a bellend anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending