The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've only missed about 4 lectures so far. They were all 9am and alcohol/Skyrim related. My lecturers all sypmathised afterwards XD
Reply 61
Very often, recently. I've put a stop to that now, though. :rolleyes:
Original post by kerily
Nah - I'd had one single vodka and lemonade (which is categorically not enough for me to get a hangover from) and woke up legitimately paralysed from the neck down. Everyone else I knew who was out with me the same night woke up in a similar predicament. That's not a hangover - it's to do with the actual dodgy alcohol you were drinking.

:eek: How long did it last?
Reply 63
Original post by TheFatController
:eek: How long did it last?

About 2 hours. It just sort of wore off in the end, and I was absolutely fine by the afternoon :tongue: I'm not 100% sure what happened, but I'd strongly suspect that either my drink was spiked (unlikely, as I remember the whole evening) or the alcohol was weird knock-off homebrewed stuff masquerading as actual branded vodka.
Original post by kerily
About 2 hours. It just sort of wore off in the end, and I was absolutely fine by the afternoon :tongue: I'm not 100% sure what happened, but I'd strongly suspect that either my drink was spiked (unlikely, as I remember the whole evening) or the alcohol was weird knock-off homebrewed stuff masquerading as actual branded vodka.

Sounds pretty scary tbh! Were you fully conscious or was it like sleep paralysis?
Reply 65
Original post by TheFatController
Sounds pretty scary tbh! Were you fully conscious or was it like sleep paralysis?

I was fully conscious :eek: I just sort of woke up and couldn't move. Not an experience I'd recommend.
None. If I drop below 90% attendance I get a board meeting to discuss my future on the course. I'm on 100% atm
Reply 67
Original post by kerily

Were you in Moonies by chance?
Very rarely and only ever English Lit. I'm sort of crashing Classics so I need to be there and haven't missed one, and have only missed a couple of English Language ones. I always think if I'm not there I'll miss something really important, although I would like to miss a couple to catch up with reading ...
Original post by caiitlinz
I've only missed about 4 lectures so far. They were all 9am and alcohol/Skyrim related. My lecturers all sypmathised afterwards XD

Hahaha, we had this American guy last year for our tutorials who came in one day and said "I have a hangover, can you all please just go?" :biggrin:
Reply 70
Very rarely. So far this year gone to every lecture (I think!) but officially not because I forgot to take my electronic registering dibber on the first day this year.
Reply 71
ive only ever skipped one lecture, but i hated myself for it. I like to go, i find it makes me less lazy :smile: one of my flatmates is f******* insane. We worked out she's missed 6 whole weeks of uni. Keeps going back home.
Reply 72
Original post by Zuzuzu
Were you in Moonies by chance?

The Roxy, but Moonie's was a good guess :tongue: I'm convinced that their drinks are too cheap to actually consist of legitimate alcohol :ninja:
lectures? all of em, seminars? some of em
The first two years i never used to miss a lecture but now I'm in my third and final year. I go in once or twice a week lol. I think the one and half hour journey to uni over the years has taken a toll on me and this is the year that counts towards 80 percent of the degree. It seems like i become less motivated by the week and this is definitely not the year for that to happen in. I'm already like 3 weeks behind schedule in terms of work progress and if i don't keep my focus i will be doooommed.......:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by eugenius 8
in my first year, i probs went to 2/3 of my lectures, went to my important core ones but skipped the others, i passed fairly easily in the end
now in my second year, was going well first few weeks, barely missed any, did really crap in a test and started missing lectures cos i was so far behind that i wouldnt understand anything if i went, also cocked up my sleeping patterns, so this week ive missed every single one cos i havent been able to get up in time :s-smilie: need to sort my life out :sigh:

Gennie nooooooo!
I've only missed one lecture, I'm a languages student so I only have 2 lectures as most of it is class/seminar based, the lectures are right at the end of the day too so I have no excuse.

Oral and Grammar classes on the other hand, ashamed to admit I've missed a fair few, two hour french grammar at 9am on a wednesday is never fun.
Course: Genetics BSc
Missed around 50% of my lectures in 1st year.
Currently miss around 15% of my lectures in 2nd year.

Although this year, I always have a valid reason to skip a lecture - unlike first year, when not having any clean clothes left would be a reasonable excuse to stay in bed :proud:

..I miss being a fresher! :sad:
Reply 78
only voluntarily missed one lecture so far. involuntarily another 6 or so
I don't, I'd be too scared to as we do an insane amount of work and I'd only have to catch up in my spare time.

Latest