The Student Room Group

MSc Economics - Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics

I've been searching for some masters degrees in finance and economics, and I found this very interested joint programme from all (or at least many) of the most reknown scottish universities.

However, I've been trying to find reviews or experiences from alumni with no luck at all (this makes me think if this programme is really as good as it sounds). I'm especially interested in the Economics (Finance) path for this pogramme, since I want to work in the financial sector (already have 2 years of experience in reinsurance), but I also want to do an academically rigorous programme. By the way, I know that maybe in the UK and US MSc in Economics are not very well suited for proffesional careers, but they are very recognized by private instutions in Mexico (where I'm from).

I've already been admitted for this programme for next year, but I would like to know if anyone knows it, what have you heard of it, and any details you could give about this programme.

Thank you!
Reply 1
YOu mean Edinburgh?
When did you apply?
Reply 2
Indeed, the MSc is taught at Edinburgh with the collaboration of teachers from the other participating universities.

I just sent my transcripts and got sort of a pre-admission approval, subject to sending my IELTS results (which I will be taking shortly). I'm considering other universities as well, but since this programme doesn't charge an application fee I thought of it as a way to at least get feedback on my profile.

The programme itself seems very appealing, as well as the fact that it's a collaboration of many reknown economics departments. However I haven't found any reviews on this programme anywhere, and was wondering whether it has a good reputation at all.
Reply 3
I applied two weeks ago. I have to see. However I don't know anything about the programme.
Reply 4
I have also applied to Edinburgh. It is ranked between 51-100 in Economics by QS World University ranking, the Uni itself is in top 50 in the World. So far I am very pleased with how quick they are to respond and generally with what I see. Also applied to UCL (Economics) and Bristol (Economics and Finance). UCL is ranked much higher - it is #20 in the World, academically it is stronger program, they also want more math preparation. How good is your math and stats?
Hey, im looking for the same information. Can you share the reviews if you have found them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending