The Student Room Group

Do you think this course is competitive/difficult to get onto? Please read..

Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics MSc: http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/energy-and-environmental-technology-and-economics#course-detail=0

I'd like to study for this masters degree once I graduate in Business and Economics in July. Just wondering whether this is a particularly competitive course or not? The course fees are £7,500 which I think is okay..very competitive courses are usually around £20,000 I believe which makes me think it won't be ridiculously difficult to get onto. Also, they want a background in finance/management/technology so I'm not sure whether my degree will be accepted.

Any general thoughts would be great. Thanks.
Reply 1
"Applicants should have financial, management or technological backgrounds." What is yours , and why do you want to do it ?

I know this school at this university and the modular structure is great if you are working. I can't comment on the content, though the aviation course I did in a similar way was taught very well by very good lecturers and professionals. It was very much a professional vocational rather than purely academic course.

TBD

Original post by FelixFelicis
Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics MSc: http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/energy-and-environmental-technology-and-economics#course-detail=0

I'd like to study for this masters degree once I graduate in Business and Economics in July. Just wondering whether this is a particularly competitive course or not? The course fees are £7,500 which I think is okay..very competitive courses are usually around £20,000 I believe which makes me think it won't be ridiculously difficult to get onto. Also, they want a background in finance/management/technology so I'm not sure whether my degree will be accepted.

Any general thoughts would be great. Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by TBD
"Applicants should have financial, management or technological backgrounds." What is yours , and why do you want to do it ?

I know this school at this university and the modular structure is great if you are working. I can't comment on the content, though the aviation course I did in a similar way was taught very well by very good lecturers and professionals. It was very much a professional vocational rather than purely academic course.

TBD

My background is Business and Economics..I have little experience in a professional environment, which may count against me since the requirements specify "They [applicants] must also be able to show potential to reach a senior position in the energy industry." Although, I'm not sure what attributes I'd need in order to prove this. I'm more concerned about the competitiveness of this course at the moment tbh. Thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending