De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Becca-123
I received the letter a couple of days before the offer came up on UCAS. It basically said that they would like me to come to an open day and interview, but its optional and to check track for my offer. On track it just said 280 points without any specific subject grades :smile:

Hey, I got an offer for Business and Management and I am just wondering what do they expect the 280 UCAS points to be made up of? My offer states I need a B in a subject and 280 ucas points from at least 2 A-levels. does that include AS that i've dropped or am taking seperately? x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Afua93
Hey, I got an offer for Business and Management and I am just wondering what do they expect the 280 UCAS points to be made up of? My offer states I need a B in a subject and 280 ucas points from at least 2 A-levels. does that include AS that i've dropped or am taking seperately? x

Hi, 280 points needed from ALevels which means AS and A2, however the AS grades you have will count towards the required ucas points but only carry half the weight so a full ALevel grade A is 120 points, achieving an A at AS will give you 60 points. Hope this helped, I've applied for computer science at dmu
Original post by DannyR2811
Me, what was your offer?

Nice- 260 points needed from atleast 2 A-Levels, also a grade B needed. How about you?
Original post by Bi0logical
If I was you, I'd ring them and explain the situation. It's a really bad time for postal services right now due to christmas.

Yeah I emailed them and they said that they don't send anything out until late Spring! It just confused me because of what it said on UCAS, but oh well, nothing to worry about anymore I guess! :smile:
Original post by Kir4nK
appthey dont do interview and also when did u apply and did u hear of them today?

Yeah on the Open Day the guy said they only interview people who they think are borderline and try not to do many because it is so time consuming!!

Erm, I applied on the 20th October and heard back from them on the 9th December! They were the last ones to reply!
anyone for computer science 2012?
Everyday, when I wake up, I go on my phone straight to my email to check if I have an email saying something has changed on my UCAS and yet I am disappointed every time :cry:
Original post by Executioner
Everyday, when I wake up, I go on my phone straight to my email to check if I have an email saying something has changed on my UCAS and yet I am disappointed every time :cry:

when did you apply?
Original post by Mudassir92

when did you apply?

I applied 29th October and got an offer on the 21st December :smile:
Reply 189
I've applied for Economics & Finance and Accounting & Finance. Still waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone else applied for/received ofers from De Montfort for these courses?
Original post by k8oxe
I've applied for Economics & Finance and Accounting & Finance. Still waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone else applied for/received ofers from De Montfort for these courses?

not from accounting and finance, but have received offer for Forensic computing and computer science
Reply 191
Hi, 280 points needed from ALevels which means AS and A2, however the AS grades you have will count towards the required ucas points but only carry half the weight so a full ALevel grade A is 120 points, achieving an A at AS will give you 60 points. Hope this helped, I've applied for computer science at dmu

thank you, I emailed them as well and they are to get back to me yet too :biggrin:
hearing that is just great! cos psychology is a risky subject for me! already got my a-level german, doing applied business, pschology and extended project at level 3 (points as AS level).

I actually adore DMU and wanna go there so bad! has anyone looked at what accommodation you'd like :biggrin: or am I just being super keen aha
:colondollar::colone:
Original post by k8oxe

Original post by k8oxe

I applied for Economics and Finance. I got an offer on the 21st December, I sent mine on the 29th October.
Original post by Afua93
thank you, I emailed them as well and they are to get back to me yet too :biggrin:
hearing that is just great! cos psychology is a risky subject for me! already got my a-level german, doing applied business, pschology and extended project at level 3 (points as AS level).

I actually adore DMU and wanna go there so bad! has anyone looked at what accommodation you'd like :biggrin: or am I just being super keen aha
:colondollar::colone:

haha i was in the same position with chemistry lol, got an AS so im good, its half the points but better than nothing
Reply 194
Original post by Becca-123
I received the letter a couple of days before the offer came up on UCAS. It basically said that they would like me to come to an open day and interview, but its optional and to check track for my offer. On track it just said 280 points without any specific subject grades :smile:

Yeah, I got the letter saying the same thing, but on my UCAS it says this:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
including

GCE A level
Grade B - 1 subject

I'm hoping that by going to the interview they will let me in just as long as I get the 280 points incase I don't get a B lol.
Reply 195
Apologies for me being sooo slow to update the list! I've just been overly busy lately with xmas, NYE and revision! Congratulations all on your offers!! Those who I've forgotten to add or update on the list, please quote me and i'll get onto it ASAP!

Good luck everyone :smile:!
Interview for Contour on February 1st!! So pumped!!! :biggrin:
Reply 197
Original post by VneetaB
Apologies for me being sooo slow to update the list! I've just been overly busy lately with xmas, NYE and revision! Congratulations all on your offers!! Those who I've forgotten to add or update on the list, please quote me and i'll get onto it ASAP!

Good luck everyone :smile:!

I got an offer by the way so my name can be red now :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by autonomousAlana
conditional offer for media and communications :biggrin:

Ooo another one for Medic and Comms. You Firming Dmu? :smile:
Got an interview for Fashion Contour on 1st Feb... Scared and excited...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending