De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by -Haz-
Does De Montfort generally wait until after the January deadline to make decisions on applications? I know Nottingham Trent do because they let me know by email but I haven’t had anything from DMU. I’m assuming they do because not many people have offers, but it would be nice to know for sure so I’m not waiting around.

Nope, They don't wait for the deadline as I've received an offer :smile: However they do take quite a while before getting back to you and they don't send acknowledgments :frown:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by -Haz-
No I didn’t have an interview. They just emailed me to say they won’t make any decisions until after January 15th for the majority of courses. They sent the email on Thursday.

I got a letter from DMU today inviting me to an applicant visit day and informal interview. I’d rather not have an interview, they’re the only one I’m applying to that does interviews for Law. Although it sounds more like an opportunity to ask questions rather than an interview so maybe it’s not so bad. Hopefully this means I’ll get an offer :smile:

Oh okay thanks! Good luck :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by VneetaB
Nope, They don't wait for the deadline as I've received an offer :smile: However they do take quite a while before getting back to you and they don't send acknowledgments :frown:

Congrats :smile: How long to they take to get back to you? Its been seven weeks since I sent my application off. What course did you apply to?
Reply 43
Anyone Music Technology and innovation or Music Technology and performance??
Reply 44
Original post by -Haz-
No I didn’t have an interview. They just emailed me to say they won’t make any decisions until after January 15th for the majority of courses. They sent the email on Thursday.

I got a letter from DMU today inviting me to an applicant visit day and informal interview. I’d rather not have an interview, they’re the only one I’m applying to that does interviews for Law. Although it sounds more like an opportunity to ask questions rather than an interview so maybe it’s not so bad. Hopefully this means I’ll get an offer :smile:

I got this letter too today :smile:
Thought i'd come on here and see if anyone else did...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
Hiya do dmu send out acknowledgments as i have heard nothing back from them? ,... also when do aston start to send offers for Pharmacy do they wait a bit ? Thanx :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Kir4nK
Hiya do dmu send out acknowledgments as i have heard nothing back from them? ,... also when do aston start to send offers for Pharmacy do they wait a bit ? Thanx :smile:

Nope, DMU don't send acknowledgments. Hope that helps :smile:
I've applied for Economics and Government. :smile:
I applied for English and I haven't heard anything yet, which is a pain because DMU is my first choice and the only university not to get in touch with me.

However, I did read on the website it could take four weeks for them to get back to you.
Reply 49
I've applied for Computer Games Programming, nothing yet but I'm sitting patiently :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Kir4nK
Hiya do dmu send out acknowledgments as i have heard nothing back from them?

I got an acknowledgement today from DMU, strange seeing as they’ve already invited me to a visit day. I wouldn't worry if you don't get one though.
Reply 51
Original post by Executioner
I've applied for Economics and Government. :smile:

Added to the list :smile:

Original post by RustyDavies
I applied for English and I haven't heard anything yet, which is a pain because DMU is my first choice and the only university not to get in touch with me.

However, I did read on the website it could take four weeks for them to get back to you.

Added to the list :smile: I hope you get a response soon!!

Original post by Tubbly
I've applied for Computer Games Programming, nothing yet but I'm sitting patiently :smile:

Added to the list :smile:
Reply 52
I also got an acknowledgement today from DMU seven weeks after aplying which is wierd as they’ve already invited me to a visit day.
Reply 53
Im applying for the Fashion Buying course and got an acknowledgement today ! :smile: Hopefully I will get on offer soon ! :biggrin:
Reply 54
how difficult is for omeone who is not english and gets an ielts 7.5 to study law in dmu?plese answer my question.its very important for me
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by VneetaB

I got an email from DMU saying they have recieved my app. But, I ONLY applied this week! And, heard from Liverpool on the day of Liverpool recieving my app. But not heard from anywhere else tbh! I guess it has only been a couple of days for me!
offer for Adult Nursing :smile:
i've applied for a place on the English course and i've got an interview on Wednesday (7/12/11). SO NERVOUS.
hopefully it'll go well as it's probably my insurance choice.
gaaah!
it's all so stressful! D:
hi guys i am a first year student at DMU.. so if there is anything you would like to know about uni/offers or accommodation let me know.. i will try to help you as much as possible...
Reply 59
Original post by shereez234
hi guys i am a first year student at DMU.. so if there is anything you would like to know about uni/offers or accommodation let me know.. i will try to help you as much as possible...

hi, could you tell me how is the law?how difficult is it for someone who is not english?
as far as the accomodation is concerned, i d like you to tell me a few things.
how is the life in Leicester?

Quick Reply

Latest