The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
maybe you should kiss it better
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous
Yea, I try to ignore most people from my poor chavvy area/ people from my ****ty high school who aren't educated and are full of stupid crap. She's falls in both criterion unfortunately, my girl's highschool that I went to and area...

I'm not a practising Hindu at all nor that cultural. The way am brought up at home is v. liberal, Western approach. She's Muslim Pakistani, 22 and most people in my high school/ crap area are like that. So it is like being on a different planet. I felt woozy, sick thinking about how this is even possible, to not wash for that long, let along when not on period. I wash once a day in the morning, wash hair every 3/4 days. When on period, make sure to thoroughly wash myself longer, each time using toilet paper/ changing pad use tissues and wet wons properly.

I looked at her fingers and she had chewed them, even the skin on all her fingers including nails was gone, I told her wtf that's gross?! Your skin is hanging, she said she likes chewing on her finger skin. :s-smilie: I put two and two together, from her not washing when on period and thought, well I can't imagine the amount of germs on you. She's always claiming to be sick practically everyday, takes sickies loads and is always late. I'm going to stop sharing food with her, freaks me out how many more people do this though too. Ew!

Dad said that's ****ing gross. He said though that in our religion/ culture, the woman are seen as inferior though when on period etc. He said our religious isn't AS silly as Islam but some parts are as with most religions, if you really read into religious books but they're old fashioned. Even Mum was like, don't listen to stupid people who come out with crap, that's gross but just leave it be and don't pay attention to that sort of dumbness.

So you call Islam silly because ONE MUSLIM GIRL doesn't shower?!?!
Not trolling. What I have to say, in reality, almost made me gag out loud when someone told me this. It is filthy.

A Muslim colleague told me today that she doesn't shower at all when on her period, for 4 days straight+. She said it is disgusting that I do, as the blood would go everywhere. Goes how she doesn't know anyone who showers when on their period. So I asked if it is a cultural thing? She said no, not only muslims do it, she knows Hindu Indians who do that too... So I said, hmm are you sure? Never heard such crap. Then she goes how I'm absolutely disgusting showering on my period. I thought and said, so how long do you go without showering, that's disgusting! Surely you would if anything, need to shower more when on period... I don't know anyone of my culture who does that, it is unhygienic and noone would wanna be in a square mile of her if they knew.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

Anyone know anyone else who doesn't shower when on their period? Nonsensical to say the least...:s-smilie:

Absolutely rubbish. Come on.. you don't need to be religious /non religious to keep yourself hygienic, common sense.

I am assuming you to be a troll.
Not trolling. What I have to say, in reality, almost made me gag out loud when someone told me this. It is filthy.

A Muslim colleague told me today that she doesn't shower at all when on her period, for 4 days straight+. She said it is disgusting that I do, as the blood would go everywhere. Goes how she doesn't know anyone who showers when on their period. So I asked if it is a cultural thing? She said no, not only muslims do it, she knows Hindu Indians who do that too... So I said, hmm are you sure? Never heard such crap. Then she goes how I'm absolutely disgusting showering on my period. I thought and said, so how long do you go without showering, that's disgusting! Surely you would if anything, need to shower more when on period... I don't know anyone of my culture who does that, it is unhygienic and noone would wanna be in a square mile of her if they knew.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

Anyone know anyone else who doesn't shower when on their period? Nonsensical to say the least...:s-smilie:

That's the silliest thing I've heard in my life! Muslims wash themselves after EVERY toilet visit, let alone while they are on!
Feel sorry for her future husband.
Reply 85
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
What? Doesn't it just soak up water and get really wide.. :s-smilie:

I can't even imagine that. Why is everyone so afraid of their own blood?

I'm sorry but the whole point of tampons apart from being more discreet than pads is so you can go into water with them. And how can you possibly get clean with blood dripping your leg.

As people have already said I shower all the time whilst I am on, and just use a tampon if it's needed.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can
smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

First of all let me make it clear by saying
Hygiene is very important in terms of Islam.
Did you know that for us to pray we have to
Be clean from head to toe x5 a day.

Secondly it's common sense to shower every
Single day whether you are on your period or not.
Well at least that's what I do.

Thirdly I find it strange that you did not notice she smelled
Previously till she told you that she does not shower Ew.

No offence but your friend has no clue about
Islam.
I have heard from several people who say they have met Asian girls who seemed as if they never, ever washed.

I don't know why, if this is anything to do with culture or coincidence.
Reply 88
the water should stop blood flow
some people swim whilst on their period..its pretty common
its as soon as you come out the shower that you have the blood to deal with
so OP, that girl is just bull****ting
Reply 89
Original post by LiterallyInsane
First of all let me make it clear by saying
Hygiene is very important in terms of Islam.
Did you know that for us to pray we have to
Be clean from head to toe x5 a day.

Secondly it's common sense to shower every
Single day whether you are on your period or not.
Well at least that's what I do.

Thirdly I find it strange that you did not notice she smelled
Previously till she told you that she does not shower Ew.

No offence but your friend has no clue about
Islam.

Nice of you to write it up in poetic format for us :smile: the rhyming is a bit off though
Reply 90
I estimate this thread has turned 7 males gay so far.
Original post by Cool Cat
Nice of you to write it up in poetic format for us :smile: the rhyming is a bit off though

Hey cool cat I generally do not write poems.
It's my iPhone it is so annoying when I'm using
It to post comments :frown: .
That's disgusting. Nothing to do with Islam or muslims, as you know. It's just her.
i'm hindu and i find that pretty disgusting :/
Original post by HEJ92
I put a new tampon in before getting into the shower so nothing "drips" but that way I can get a full clean and then once I am dry change it again..
I don't shower more when I'm on, I always shower once or twice a day anyway.

Lol that's ridiculous. After all you can just wash it down the drain and give urself a good rinse out just before you hop out. why is everyone afraid to wash themselves properly? it gets rid of the smell and makes you feel clean
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Feel sorry for her future husband.

ergh, what future husband?
I don't shower the first day or two because mine's too heavy, I would never make it without plastering the walls. Sorry to be so visual.

:confused:
Then just wash it off, you know with all the water that's coming out of the shower?

I shower every day regardless of period or not. If I'm on my period and I drip blood on the bath mat when I come out the shower then I just put the bath mat straight in the wash afterwards. It's acryllic so it doesn't even need drying.

Personally, I can't do a full wash when I'm on my period. I've tried before and the blood ended up dripping down my leg. Not pleasant.

This I actually don't understand. :confused:

So not washing is more pleasant than getting some blood on your leg?
That's just....ewww. That sums it up really I think. Why would anybody not shower when they're on their period? *shudders*
I don't shower the first day or two because mine's too heavy, I would never make it without plastering the walls. Sorry to be so visual.

Sneezing is what you've got to worry about. Your undercarriage turns into a water cannon....
Original post by chocolate buttons
I shower 3 times a day when my period first starts.

I had no idea your avatar was Old Gregg. I feel like I've stolen your idea. :mmm:

Latest