The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm a Hindu Indian and have never heard of that, but I guess superstitions can be found in all families as there's one that my mum believes in which is not washing your hair on a Wednesday but I think nowadays, people care more about hygiene than superstitions. And I shower much much more when I'm on :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by salty_candy
Does she have some sort of constant waterfall like stream coming out of her constantly when she's on or something? I don't think I've ever got blood on me whilst showering.

Me either... It doesn't just pour out of u lol....

I dont know why someone would tell you this..and I doubt it stinks out the whole toilet after she's been in there... She probably smells if u get close to her yes.. But the whole office or toilet? Lol.
Original post by 204060
ok im a muslim girl and i shower twice a day ESPECIALLY on my period! what nonsense it has nothing to do with islam, shes just a filthy piece of ****..

I suspect this thread is a troll.
I actually shuddered reading the OP. I feel dirty just reading that. I know that this is a troll because I REFUSE to believe anyone is that nasty. :tongue:
Original post by I.Like.Smarties
Well, I know a beautician and when she was doing someone's hollywood. She asked her customer when was the last time she had a shower, and the customer was like It's been 3 days. Obv my friend was disgusted and was like what ? the customer replied saying that she didnt feel the need to and then asked what about when your on your period ? My friend was like I wash everyday regardless and proberly more when I'm on and she then refused to wax her, until she had a shower/bath on the day of her wax. So it's not the first time I heard about a muslim girl not washing while on her periods...maybe its something some muslim girls do ...

That's unprofessional, and frankly pathetic. She had paid for a wax and the beautician should grow some balls and get on with it. I have showers about every 3 days, deal with it.
Original post by Botticello
That's unprofessional, and frankly pathetic. She had paid for a wax and the beautician should grow some balls and get on with it. I have showers about every 3 days, deal with it.

It's not unprofessional. People should not turn up for a wax without showering. In fact some salons have a shower for people like that.
Would it also be unprofessional to turn down someone with a potentially contagious skin disease, or shall the beauticians grow some balls and put up with it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 126
Like going to the dentist without brushing your teeth (for several days). mmmmmMMMMMmmm pleasant. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Botticello

I'm sorry but that is just wrong ! You would expect someone to have a bath/shower when someone is going to go down south !

And I don't know how you don't have a shower every day, I feel like a tramp when I don't :smile:
lol,this thread is ****ing grim :/
Reply 129
Original post by hali0112
that is ridiculous, if that is what they believe! having your period is such a natural thing. In Hinduism, I know you are not meant to pray or go into temple but how can a religion consider you to be dirty? If you didn't have periods you wouldn't be able to have kids. and that is the most natural thing about life. why do they think that that is dirty? :rolleyes:

Islam does NOT consider women to be dirty during their periods. The whole point is that Allah created us all and has divine knowledge of how we work, so why would he create women to be unclean for a few days every month? In Islam, you don't pray the five daily prayers during your periods but you can still enter a mosque and you can still pray in different ways that don't require you to have Wudu (the state of purification that you are in when you wash, which is broken by going to the toilet, bleeding, breaking wind, vomiting, etc.)
Original post by piya21
Islam does NOT consider women to be dirty during their periods. The whole point is that Allah created us all and has divine knowledge of how we work, so why would he create women to be unclean for a few days every month? In Islam, you don't pray the five daily prayers during your periods but you can still enter a mosque and you can still pray in different ways that don't require you to have Wudu (the state of purification that you are in when you wash, which is broken by going to the toilet, bleeding, breaking wind, vomiting, etc.)

okay. :smile: I wasn't trying to be deliberately judgemental/ignorant. I am just trying to understand. :smile:

according to you, if bleeding causes you to break the state of purification. therefore that makes you impure according to islam. and impure = dirty. so you are contradicting yourself? also there is one thing that doesn't make sense is why muslims consider pigs to be unclean animals. if god created them to be unclean why would he create pigs in the first place. :confused:
No I shower at least twice as much when I'm on my period.
wow this is turning into such a big issue but i want to appease everyones curiosity on this topic. its ok to shower as long as you shower with hot water because cold water makes the tummy hurt like hell. i never walk around the house barefoot while i have my period because even then my tummy hurts, so thats just it theres no hindu muslim issue here and theres no right and wrong its just safety precautions and if some weird chick (doesnt matter whether she is muslim or not) wants to stay dirty then thats her problem just dont go near her. =)
EDIT: I was hacked.
(edited 12 years ago)
while we are on this topic though i would like to know does anyone else experience their tummies going really big and bloaty? mine is like totally in but when its that time it just pops out -____- and i look fat.
I know someone who only showers every 6 days, including when she's on her period. I went in the loo after her once when she was on and... well, it was nasty, to say the least.
Reply 136
LOOOOL ITS NOT A MUSLIM THING!!!! Thats sooo unhygeinic!!! I'm a Muslim Girl and I shower more often when I'm on my periods, it's either a cultural thing or her thing either way just tell her she needs to fix up!
Original post by Anonymous
Not trolling. What I have to say, in reality, almost made me gag out loud when someone told me this. It is filthy.

A Muslim colleague told me today that she doesn't shower at all when on her period, for 4 days straight+. She said it is disgusting that I do, as the blood would go everywhere. Goes how she doesn't know anyone who showers when on their period. So I asked if it is a cultural thing? She said no, not only muslims do it, she knows Hindu Indians who do that too... So I said, hmm are you sure? Never heard such crap. Then she goes how I'm absolutely disgusting showering on my period. I thought and said, so how long do you go without showering, that's disgusting! Surely you would if anything, need to shower more when on period... I don't know anyone of my culture who does that, it is unhygienic and noone would wanna be in a square mile of her if they knew.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

Anyone know anyone else who doesn't shower when on their period? Nonsensical to say the least...:s-smilie:

:eek: no its not a cultural thing its only her thing i am a muslim and i take bath regularly during period and other times
Original post by Jabberwox
That is truly disgusting.

How is it disgusting washing when you're on your period? Not to be crude here, but it isn't hard rinsing out your shower sponges/flannels and cleaning the bath out when you've finished using it.

Not to be too graphic, but not really, your body seems to realse what's going on and pretty much pause.

Original post by kimprovising
So sitting in a nappy of your own blood is okay, but having it go on you when you shower is disgusting? LOL wat.

And it's definitely more gross to have it all collecting in a sweaty ST than it is to have it being immediately washed off...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 139
Uhhh, no.
What even gave you the idea that it's cultural? wtf? can you not talk to someone without assuming their habits are cultural?
But I'm sick of people who say "you're disgusting!" if you don't shower every day :angry:
That only makes your hair oilier, over-production and whatnot.

Latest