The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elissabeth
I have heard from several people who say they have met Asian girls who seemed as if they never, ever washed.

I don't know why, if this is anything to do with culture or coincidence.

I have no idea why I have been negged for this.
Original post by YumYum Yommy <3
Dont lie, you never shower :lolwut:

:tongue:

:lolwut: :lolwut:

& May I ask how you would know that..:colone:

:wink: :smile:
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
:lolwut: :lolwut:

& May I ask how you would know that..:colone:

:wink: :smile:

Oh i would know :ninja:

Close your windows bathroom windows next time :wink:

That's disgusting.
No, it's not normal... :puke:
I don't know anyone who doesn't wash while on their period.
Oh i would know :ninja:

Close your windows bathroom windows next time :wink:

:eek: how dare you attempt to stalk me..!!

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Not trolling. What I have to say, in reality, almost made me gag out loud when someone told me this. It is filthy.

A Muslim colleague told me today that she doesn't shower at all when on her period, for 4 days straight+. She said it is disgusting that I do, as the blood would go everywhere. Goes how she doesn't know anyone who showers when on their period. So I asked if it is a cultural thing? She said no, not only muslims do it, she knows Hindu Indians who do that too... So I said, hmm are you sure? Never heard such crap. Then she goes how I'm absolutely disgusting showering on my period. I thought and said, so how long do you go without showering, that's disgusting! Surely you would if anything, need to shower more when on period... I don't know anyone of my culture who does that, it is unhygienic and noone would wanna be in a square mile of her if they knew.

So she's on her period, I walk to the bathroom after and from the floor above I can smell nasty smell when walking down the stairs to the bathroom of work. I walk into the lady's room after she went and used it to change her pad (she told me this), finding that that's where the horrible smell was coming from. It literally stank even the stairs up. Glad she didn't tell me whilst I was eating, gross... :mad: Then I thought no wonder she doesn't come in at times due to period even, everyday she has an excuse for feeling ill.

Anyone know anyone else who doesn't shower when on their period? Nonsensical to say the least...:s-smilie:

Seriously? My Asian friends change at least once an hour and (I think) they have more showers than usual. I really don't understand the logic of it being filthy to not shower on your period but it's fine to walk around with a tampon/pad full of blood.

If she's getting blood everywhere when she's showering, she's doing it wrong.
:eek: how dare you attempt to stalk me..!!

Spoiler

Sowwwiii :colondollar:

But I now know you use VO5 shampooo....how...interesting....:colone:

:colone:

Spoiler

Sowwwiii :colondollar:

But I now know you use VO5 shampooo....how...interesting....:colone:

:colone:

Spoiler

You better be sorry :u:

:lolwut: VO5? I use herbal essences, I told you..you've been stalking the wrong person!!
See this is what happens :rolleyes: :tongue:

Spoiler

You better be sorry :u:

:lolwut: VO5? I use herbal essences, I told you..you've been stalking the wrong person!!
See this is what happens :rolleyes: :tongue:

Spoiler

Im sure it was you :colone:

I must've got confused with VO5 and Herbal essences. :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 169
Its permissible to shower whilst on your period in Islam, so i don't know whats going on here :s seems like more of a cultural thing 8)
Reply 170
Original post by Med_Geek
This has nothing to do with being a Muslim. In fact, Muslims are supposed to wash five times a day (depending on what they've been doing) just for praying, as well as washing the private areas after going to the toilet. There is nothing stopping women from washing whilst on their period in Islam. You're not allowed to pray, and I don't think you're allowed to touch the Qur'an either. Women have to take a shower after their period finishes too in order to clean themselves properly for praying again (and reading the Qur'an).

exactly this!

Some of the ignorance displayed on this thread is disgusting. :rolleyes:
Reply 171
Original post by Anonymous
Please try not to listen to ignorant Muslims. Islam says that women are exempt from praying whilst on their period because during that time of the month they are weak(er) than usual. It's gonna hurt if you have to bow down and get up etc to pray, so we are excused altogether :smile:

someone sensible speaking! :smile:
I don't think it's a cultural/religious thing more a personal hygiene issue. But not showering for 4 days, especially after riding the crimson wave is just a little bit icky.
Reply 173
Original post by Dpax2max
".....religious isn't AS silly as Islam " I lost respect for you. All my muslim friends are 10x more clean that my white friends, there should be no need for me to state that because you dont go around saying things like this, obviously because you can't generalise .. I live in a really nice area, but I can imagine areas of lower class being worse (for all cultures and religions) SOOOO SICK of reading about religion on tsr, it making me sick. THIS ISSUE IS NOT RELIGIOUS YOU IDIOT !!!! go educate yourself, travel outside your zone

THIS.
Reply 174
Original post by Mel20
No idea. I agree it's twisted. But when muslim women are on their period, they can not pray. They claim it is because Allah is trying to help them as they it will cause too much discomfort to pray, however, Allah has instructed that even ill people must pray if they can. Even very ill people are given a choice,whereas women on their periods are outright forbidden as they are considered to be 'impure' and dirty at that time

LOL, a Non-Muslim is teaching others how Muslim women are viewed in Islam. :rolleyes:
that is foul.
Has been said many times before. Is ****ing disgusting and yes, having a shower every 3 days IS disgusting.
Reply 177
I think an odd minority, including the strange 1 I was talking about do this as it is quite irrational thinking and usually those who are from poorer backgrounds and ignorant would think this way, more traditional and raised differently. My more educated friends that are quite middle class do know better and even the religious ones that are smarter would agree it is nasty and religion doesn't say so. OK sorry I apologise, maybe it is a cultural thing as to how people are raised thinking periods are disgusting, and not religion, if they're brought up with this regime to not want to clean properly thinking periods are untouchable then will soon believe it is true. She was barely in at work, when on period wouldn't come to work and claimed being sick so often, was hardly in and got away with so much. When she was in would come in late and before she left was finally given 1st warning that if she continues being late then will be dismissed although it was far too late of a warning as she was being dismissed later anyway, her excuse for being on periods and late, she told me she'd tell the boss that it is personal reasons instead. She moved jobs and now does much less hours, still takes so many sickies lol. So glad to have left the job! It wasn't nice. Was one of the most strangest things ever, couldn't believe it was for real and how that understanding ever came into place but there are loads of things which the particular person does and comes out with which are overwhelming for my braincells :|
erm to be honest, i do wash when i am on my period but i have heard your not supposed to because it stops the blood from flowing when you have a bath for example so yeah thats probably why she does that but it is nothing to with islam, muslims wash five times a day when they pray so how can this be? muslims are supposed to keep clean and hygenic even when they are on their period.
I'm asian and i've heard of other asian girls not showeing whilst on their periods. its not only seen as unhygienic to do so but also bad for the body..

Lol i remember how uncomfortable i felt when i was in primary school and i told my asian mate that i shower whilst on my period and she was like so shocked and made ME feel dirty for doing it :/

Latest