The Student Room Group

Entry Requirement Help

I'm looking to apply to Kent for Accounting and Finance, looking at their website it says
'A/AS level 320 points (3 A level equivalents), IB Diploma 33 points inc 4 in Mathematics (5 in Mathematics Studies) or IB Diploma with 16 points at Higher inc 4 in Mathematics (5 in Mathematics Studies).' and then says
'BB at A-Level'

Does this just mean that all I need is 320 UCAS points from all A-levels And AS's and then at least 2 B's in the exams I take this year?

Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Anyone?!
The UCAS website says "320 UCAS tariff points from 3 A levels required". The UCAS website is more up-to-date and accurate than the university's website and, when attempting to find the necessary grades, you should use the UCAS site.

That would mean you would need ABB at A-Level. any additional AS grades you have wouldn't be considered when making a final offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
or A*BC
Reply 4
As it says 320 points from "3 A level equivalents" the points would need to be from 3 A levels, with two of these being at least Bs, so you could have the following combinations or above:
A*A*E
A*AD
A*BC
AAC
ABB

I think the 'BB' thing might be because they might let you get some points from a BTEC that does distinction/merit or something? Not sure why they've put that extra bit otherwise as you can't get 320 UCAS points from 3 A levels without getting 2 Bs or above.
or AAC

or A*AD

or A*A*E

...You get the point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending