The Student Room Group

Igcse chemistry

HI

Does anyone here have an issue with chemistry gcse????
any good revision tips ?????:angry:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xXxnoora95xXx
HI

Does anyone here have an issue with chemistry gcse????
any good revision tips ?????:angry:

u doing igcse edexel chemistry coz if you are i can help you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bad8oy
u doing igcse edexel chemistry coz if you are i can help you :smile:

yes i am
realllllllllllllllllly????????????
thank u
Reply 3
yes i am
realllllllllllllllllly????????????
thank u

ye :P tell me what your stuck with u can give u all the information that you will need to know and nothing more. :smile: i got an A* btw useing the same notes. much better then useing a textbook.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bad8oy
ye :P tell me what your stuck with u can give u all the information that you will need to know and nothing more. :smile: i got an A* btw useing the same notes. much better then useing a textbook.

okay first thanks

second Im not understanding the dilution of coloured solutions to prove that their are moving particles

Third I'm having a problem with writing equations like when it says eg sulfric acid write it in symbolic form.

until now these are my issues but i have alot
so if u dnt mind ill tell you in a few hours or so

thank you for helping

Also do you have a good revision site at the moment I'm usin Edexcel IGCSE chemistry by Cliff Curtis is it any good
Reply 5
okay first thanks

second Im not understanding the dilution of coloured solutions to prove that their are moving particles

Third I'm having a problem with writing equations like when it says eg sulfric acid write it in symbolic form.

until now these are my issues but i have alot
so if u dnt mind ill tell you in a few hours or so

thank you for helping

Also do you have a good revision site at the moment I'm usin Edexcel IGCSE chemistry by Cliff Curtis is it any good

ryt ill post you the textbook u wanna order it myt be that 1.....if you dont mind me asking you are in year 11 ryt?
we learnt stuff for igcse chem last year but this year the school changed it and now were doing edexcel 360 gcse chem but most of my notes are for igcse so they're over detailed on some topics and have stuff we don't need anymore. i hate my school for changing -.-
Reply 7
Original post by bad8oy
ryt ill post you the textbook u wanna order it myt be that 1.....if you dont mind me asking you are in year 11 ryt?

yes
Reply 8
Original post by tamil4
we learnt stuff for igcse chem last year but this year the school changed it and now were doing edexcel 360 gcse chem but most of my notes are for igcse so they're over detailed on some topics and have stuff we don't need anymore. i hate my school for changing -.-

yes i know its so complicated
yes i know its so complicated

yeah because it includes part of the A-level course as well or something apparently. But to be honest, if you take A-level Chemistry- you will be at advantage as you'd already have learnt a bit of it. I'm definitely taking Chemistry next year so I wouldn't have minded staying on IGCSE.
Original post by bad8oy

see my exam is on january so i dont have enough tym 2 buy a book and start over:frown:
Reply 11
see my exam is on january so i dont have enough tym 2 buy a book and start over:frown:

ryt just message me topics your having trouble with...if u can give the bullet point off the specification
Original post by bad8oy
ryt just message me topics your having trouble with...if u can give the bullet point off the specification

1.4 describe simple experiments leading to the idea of the small size of particles and their
movement including:
i dilution of coloured solutions

1.19 understand the term molar volume of a gas and use its values (24 dm3 and
24,000 cm3) at room temperature and pressure (rtp) in calculations.

1.21 use the state symbols (s), (l), (g) and (aq) in chemical equations to represent solids,
liquids, gases and aqueous solutions respectively (Do i hve 2 learn them)
Original post by bad8oy

but thats not all Ill send in lyk an hour or so
Reply 14
1.4 describe simple experiments leading to the idea of the small size of particles and their
movement including:

1.21 use the state symbols (s), (l), (g) and (aq) in chemical equations to represent solids,
liquids, gases and aqueous solutions respectively (Do i hve 2 learn them)

ok...let me have shower ill write up in like 1 hour
Original post by bad8oy
ok...let me have shower ill write up in like 1 hour

okay take your time
Reply 16
okay take your time

ok all you really need to know for calculations volume=mass x 24000.
thats because 1 mole of gas is 24000cm^3. as long as you know how to rearange the formulae thats all you need to know
Reply 17
igcse chemistry?

i cant help but feel this is some sort of apple qualification :eek:
Reply 18
movement including:

liquids, gases and aqueous solutions respectively (Do i hve 2 learn them
)

yes you do have to learn them. right for that all you need to do is learn the table on page 71 of your cliff curtis revision guide. its the one just under solubility of salts.
a (s) would be insoluble salts. (aq) would be the soluble salts in an equation. (l) would be liquids such as water and (g) would just be gasses like carbondioxide ect.
Original post by mosmof
igcse chemistry?

i cant help but feel this is some sort of apple qualification :eek:

apple qualification??? whats that ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending