The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2Dogs
Y'all be worrying about not having enough time to apply for financing? I am applying for a student loan too, whats the final date to apply for a student loan?
I am still waiting on a reply from Painting and printmaking...I agree, its getting ridiculous about how long it takes to get even some sort of info from these guys at the GSA...

Original post by rayray12310
longest 25 days of my life and it doesnt leave much time for me to apply for student finance either, for glasgow or my second choice. i just want to know now so i can stop stressing. :frown:

You don't have to wait until you have firmed your offers to apply for finance. You can apply with a university on the form in principle and change it later if you go elsewhere. It's actually quite a simple process. Nothing to worry about.
Hi guys. I'm a communication design applicant from the U.S. I had a phone interview scheduled for about two hours ago and never received a call. I was unable to get a hold of the registry faculty, but left a message. I'm really worried. Has this happened to anybody before? I'm afraid that I called the wrong number ...the answering machine said that "extension 4434 is unavailable", but didn't say that it was GSA. Calling from the U.S., I had to dial some extra numbers and I'm worried that I got their number mixed up.
Reply 182
hiya, read page 9 , a coupla peeps said the system at gsa had crashed during the time of your interview, I would keep phoning each day?
I suppose that's what I'll do. They never answer me, though...and never call back when I leave my name and number. They make me feel so unwanted lol.
Reply 184
Hiya, I am Canadian and I wouldnt be discouraged my American neighbour....just keep trying...seems the system shut down JUST when your interview was scheduled...keep tryin and keep that chin up...bless.
Reply 185
I thought whilst were all waitin we might as well pass the time...you can find some of my artwork in deviantart.com under the name galactus, would love to see others works as well....
Reply 186
freakin glasgowwww taking their time!
Original post by 2Dogs
hiya, read page 9 , a coupla peeps said the system at gsa had crashed during the time of your interview, I would keep phoning each day?

I wouldn't do that, as I only rang because I have had previous issues with my e-mail in which i did not receive the task, I will update straight away according to the information I get.
They said if there is no reply for me to think about ringing back, purely because of my e-mail issues. Everyone else should get their replys on their e-mails normally as you did before. Unless everyone starts posting about interviews and you don't have a reply a week later than everyone else.
Just relax, i'm sure you will recieve your reply in due time!
did anyone else just get an interview for painting? xx
Reply 189
Hey, guys!
I'm having a telephone interview (Interior Design) on 13th March and perhaps someone has any advices for it? :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by chloe-elizabeth
did anyone else just get an interview for painting? xx

negative. no reply as of yet.:wink:
Reply 191
Photography, anyone?
Original post by 2Dogs
Hiya, I am Canadian and I wouldnt be discouraged my American neighbour....just keep trying...seems the system shut down JUST when your interview was scheduled...keep tryin and keep that chin up...bless.

Aww, thank you Mr. 2Dogs for the moral support!
Original post by AlexandraKate
Rang GSA today about an hour ago, the whole system has shut down on them and nobody has had a reply for photography (apparently). They said it should be fixed by friday, and that if i don't get a reply by next week I should ring again.

Hey. Do you think that GSA's tech issues have been solved yet now that people seem to be receiving interview invites again? I think that their system shut down around the time my phone interview was scheduled...they never called me for it):

I emailed and left a voice message, but haven't heard back.
Reply 194
Glasgow just emailed asking to resubmit mini portfolios because of their system crash :frown:
Reply 195
Original post by AlexandraKate
I wouldn't do that, as I only rang because I have had previous issues with my e-mail in which i did not receive the task, I will update straight away according to the information I get.
They said if there is no reply for me to think about ringing back, purely because of my e-mail issues. Everyone else should get their replys on their e-mails normally as you did before. Unless everyone starts posting about interviews and you don't have a reply a week later than everyone else.
Just relax, i'm sure you will recieve your reply in due time!

Hey thanks for your reply, actually I would like to beat them with a stick.
Original post by Ailieo15
Glasgow just emailed asking to resubmit mini portfolios because of their system crash :frown:

Dear oh dear. As if it doesn't take long enough already.
Reply 197
Original post by Ailieo15

Wow! They must be going crazy there... They deserve it for not having replied earlier :biggrin:
Reply 198
Hello! Anyone else have a painting/printmaking interview? :smile: You know where it says you have to bring the things in from your online folio - I don't want to - this work is so weak compared to my current wok. How strict are GSA, will they mind if I just bring more recent work? - Rather than the 25 online things and 10-15 more recent like they suggest?
Got another phone interview! Hopefully they call this time...

Quick Reply

Latest