The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by rosiewhite
Got another phone interview! Hopefully they call this time...

Hey good news! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 201
I got my email saying I have an interview last night.
Where did you all get the information about what to take to the interview? I can't find it anywhere..

Is anyone else applying for Digital Culture?
Original post by 2Dogs
Hey good news! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you! The best of luck to you, too! I hope you hear soon.
Reply 203
Original post by Ailieo15
Glasgow just emailed asking to resubmit mini portfolios because of their system crash :frown:

Is that for all courses do you know? I havent had an email asking to re-submit! X
Reply 204
Original post by imagineit
Is that for all courses do you know? I havent had an email asking to re-submit! X

I really have no idea, no-one else I know has been asked, may have just been a couple people that got lost in the system. I don't think it applies to you if you didn't get the email
Reply 205
Thank you :smile:
Reply 206
Original post by SunshineC
How was the interview? :smile:

im not really sure! it felt horrible loool but we'll see!

got interviews for dundee and galasheils coming up though, so better luck next time eh!

whats happenin your end?
Reply 207
Good morning! I hope we'll all hear from GSA this week :biggrin:
Reply 208
ya, these guys have totally dropped the ball, although they seem to be rectifying it.
I was told if your portfolio got lost in the server crash then you got a an email.
if you didnt get an email then your portfolio didnt get the axe...oh well, nother day in paradise. its all good,
Reply 209
maybe if we all keep it on the down low maybe we'll all get in lol.LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 210
when are they gonna answer!!!
Reply 211
Got the email about the interview for Painting and Printmaking on thursday, and was one of the first to interview yesterday...now to wait until april for a reply.
If anyone has any qs about SEA or P+P interviews feel free to ask. I had interviews for both, and the painting one felt like it went for better than sea:/
Reply 212
Original post by kmorgan
Got the email about the interview for Painting and Printmaking on thursday, and was one of the first to interview yesterday...now to wait until april for a reply.
If anyone has any qs about SEA or P+P interviews feel free to ask. I had interviews for both, and the painting one felt like it went for better than sea:/

Whoa! quite short notice. How do you feel it went? Any weird questions? Is it a group interview or individual? Sorry for hounding you :P Hope everything went well !
Reply 213
Original post by Ailieo15
Whoa! quite short notice. How do you feel it went? Any weird questions? Is it a group interview or individual? Sorry for hounding you :P Hope everything went well !

Well I was in Scotland for my sculpture interview so I just called up and managed to get a cancelled slot. I thought it went well, they were really receptive to my work and quite light hearted.
It was individual with two tutors - they come out and take your portfolio + sketchbooks and look at them alone for a few minutes, then you go in and stand with them and they ask if there's anything particular you want to talk about, and it just goes on from there.
Then they asked more broad questions about other artists, why this city, and what other hobbies/interests you have... They explained the course and then asked if you had any questions.

It was really conversational which helped me to relax. So nothing at all to worry about when you do get an interview for painting and printmaking :smile:
Hi guys, anyone heard back from communication design? Freaking out with all this waiting!!

Thanks xxx
Reply 215
Original post by Jasmineholt
Hi guys, anyone heard back from communication design? Freaking out with all this waiting!!

Thanks xxx

not yet ://
Reply 216
Anyone else applied for painting and printmaking, still waiting to hear back after uploading portfolios last week?
Reply 217
Original post by tracey-c
Anyone else applied for painting and printmaking, still waiting to hear back after uploading portfolios last week?

Yep! Applied for P&P and was emailed asking to upload my mini portfolio again last week. Hopefully we will hear soon
Original post by tani.
not yet ://

Least it's not just me!! Trust me to pick the ones that come out last :frown: good luck!!
Reply 219
Original post by Jasmineholt
Least it's not just me!! Trust me to pick the ones that come out last :frown: good luck!!

Good luck to you too! I'm starting to doubt I'll get an interview now...

Quick Reply

Latest