Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smschneider)
    i an having a phone interview in a few days.i would be grateful if you'd have to answer a few questions! is it possible to let them see your newer work, eg sending some images by e-mail? it just seems unfair if we dont as the people who get interviewed on site will need to show new work. i feel like most of the stuff in my online folio is crap compared to what i've been doing lately=) did they ask you about any specific pieces in your folio? and ehm do they call you or is it thourgh skype? i am lost.

i wish you luck!
    To be honest, I don't think you can send additional pieces, but you can still talk about them during the interview. You might ask for it. Unfortunately they just have phone interview, I guess that's because they're having technical difficulties. Which course are you applying for?
    Good luck to you too!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanitaly)
    To be honest, I don't think you can send additional pieces, but you can still talk about them during the interview. You might ask for it. Unfortunately they just have phone interview, I guess that's because they're having technical difficulties. Which course are you applying for?
    Good luck to you too!
    ahhh that seems so unfair. i'll e-mail them and ask! thanks for the info. i applied for painting and printmaking! what about you?=)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smschneider)
    ahhh that seems so unfair. i'll e-mail them and ask! thanks for the info. i applied for painting and printmaking! what about you?=)
    Painting and printmaking as well!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmineholt)
    Me too good luck!

anyone else heard anything from communication design? please say no! haha.
    Thank god someone else is in the same position as me! I was convinced id just been rejected without any notice, but apparently they're STILL sorting applications. Ugh. Its weird though because a friend of mine got an interview, though possibly because she's classed as in international student. Random.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for a reply for photography, apparently the last batch of replies will go through by today, at the latest tomorrow. If i get rejected i still have my interview with leeds college of art!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraKate)
    still waiting for a reply for photography, apparently the last batch of replies will go through by today, at the latest tomorrow. If i get rejected i still have my interview with leeds college of art!
    Do you know if that applies across all subjects or just for photography?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraKate)
    omg really? is that just for people who havent had interview offers yet or everybody? and how do you know? sorry for all the questions but im freaking out not knowing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohirome)
    Thank god someone else is in the same position as me! I was convinced id just been rejected without any notice, but apparently they're STILL sorting applications. Ugh. Its weird though because a friend of mine got an interview, though possibly because she's classed as in international student. Random.
    I'm starting to think I didn't get it, wasn't expecting to get in anyway, never mind an interview.
    Hope they get back to us soon, would be nice to know where we stand!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview for a place on the painting and printmaking course today, and I am wondering if anyone has any information about statistics (as in how many places are there and how many people people get interviewed). I was also wondering if any body has any idea about the institution's attitude towards traditional art as apposed to conceptual? Lastly, do they really want you to have undertaken a foundation course?

For anyone that has recently had interviews, good luck! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh god i hope they send out decisions tommorow! Its killing me not knowing
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I keep waking up at like 5am to check my emails since UCAS seem to send mine during the night. This wait is murdering my soul.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohirome)
    I keep waking up at like 5am to check my emails since UCAS seem to send mine during the night. This wait is murdering my soul.
    Oh god haha, its awful! Which course have you applied for?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imagineit)
    Oh god haha, its awful! Which course have you applied for?
    Communication design!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I was wondering if anyone here had applied to Architecture?
    I hope they get back to all you guys soon by the way!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    urgh! i withdrew my application from Glasgow a few days ago, and declined all my photography offers to change subject to Japanese. Get a call from GSA today about an interview! after I've withdrawn my offer! Saying they had a problem with applications, v annoyed might have made a different decision about my subject, probably not, i have faith. Gonna write them a pissy letter though. they've messed us applicants about so much this year!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabeth.w)
    urgh! i withdrew my application from Glasgow a few days ago, and declined all my photography offers to change subject to Japanese. Get a call from GSA today about an interview! after I've withdrawn my offer! Saying they had a problem with applications, v annoyed might have made a different decision about my subject, probably not, i have faith. Gonna write them a pissy letter though. they've messed us applicants about so much this year!
    Jeeeez, that sucks! Im still waiting. My patience is slipping.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've lost faith in them a long time ago lol. Really not hoping for anything now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same guys! Even if i get an interview ill be tempted to decline the bloody thing! (Although id give a leg and an arm to study there) theyve pissed us about so much.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My only glimmer of hope is that I know a bunch of people who have been turned down for an interview. Hopefully thats a sign.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same! I keep thinking if they hated my work that much they would have declined me a long time ago! :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 2, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.