The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
oh right, well I've got answers from all of them, so thanks.
Reply 341
Original post by tracey-c
conditional for Painting & Printmaking :smile:

well done! Your interview was better than mine, then...I got a rejection on my birthday. Nice present though! :frown:
Reply 342
Original post by Tanitaly
well done! Your interview was better than mine, then...I got a rejection on my birthday. Nice present though! :frown:

Ah that's not cool ast all, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you got somewhere else to study?
Reply 343
I got my unconditional offer for interior design last week and 2 days ago got rejected by ECA. so GSA it is! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: did any of you guys think of where you're going to live? particularly the ones in the skypark campus.
Reply 344
Ah that's not cool ast all, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you got somewhere else to study?

Yes, I got three conditionals for illustration from Bournemouth, Farnham, and Norwich(I will probably go to Norwich). That's not a bad thing, even though GSA will always be in my dreams! ahahah
Reply 345
Original post by mrzmar
I got my unconditional offer for interior design last week and 2 days ago got rejected by ECA. so GSA it is! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: did any of you guys think of where you're going to live? particularly the ones in the skypark campus.

congrats! i'm not in the skypark campus, but still, i have no idea where i'm going to be living! there's not all that much information out there by the looks of things.
Reply 346
Original post by skying93
congrats! i'm not in the skypark campus, but still, i have no idea where i'm going to be living! there's not all that much information out there by the looks of things.

ur right the site is kind of lacking, couldnt even find any prices but i emailed them and got a price list for old school house and margaret mcdonald so i think im going to send off the forms this week
Reply 347
yeah, the site is really bad for accomodation. also, all the accomodation seems to be centered around the mack so thats kind of bad for the skypark people. I was looking at UNITE accomodation as it has ensuite bathrooms and found one 15 minutes away (kelvin court) from skypark but im not sure how many other art students will be there so i dont want to book anythin yet. although gsa should send us a letter or e-mail or something regarding accomodation and everything else, right?
Reply 348
Original post by mrzmar
yeah, the site is really bad for accomodation. also, all the accomodation seems to be centered around the mack so thats kind of bad for the skypark people. I was looking at UNITE accomodation as it has ensuite bathrooms and found one 15 minutes away (kelvin court) from skypark but im not sure how many other art students will be there so i dont want to book anythin yet. although gsa should send us a letter or e-mail or something regarding accomodation and everything else, right?

yeah they should, but from reading last year's thread i get the impression that they are pretty bad in terms of communication and general info, like has anybody here with an offer actually heard anything from them?
Reply 349
mm! yeah, that was my feeling as well. i havent received anything yet and got the offer 2 weeks ago. so if anyone is considering living in the unite halls and is going to be studying at the skypark campus, let me know! haha. and anyone else as well! :P
Reply 350
Has anyone still not heard from GSA for painting and printmaking following the interview? Im fearing the worst now! Have both the rejections and offers been sent out?
Reply 351
Seems like I've been a little too optimistic since I was rejected without interview this afternoon. Luckily enough I have an unconditional for Architecture at Dundee so all is not lost at least.
Does anybody can help me which school to choose: I got a conditional for ECA (IELTS 6.5 which I have to pass) and unconditional for GSA and don't know what to do. Which school is better in many sense? creativity, equippment, tutors, people, everything! Please need a help! Thank you!
Reply 353
Has anyone who had a painting interview had a rejection yet? it would be helpful to know! Thanks
Reply 354
Original post by phands1
Has anyone who had a painting interview had a rejection yet? it would be helpful to know! Thanks

Yeah I'm pretty sure there has been.
Reply 355
Yeah I'm pretty sure there has been.

hrmmmmmm that's strange as mine was very early on in the interview stages but I've heard nothing
Reply 356
Original post by phands1

hrmmmmmm that's strange as mine was very early on in the interview stages but I've heard nothing

They said mid April so there's still time left. I'd say give registry a call if you're still worried.
Original post by phands1

yes i did, unfortunately. you still have a chance of getting in!
Reply 358
Original post by smschneider
yes i did, unfortunately. you still have a chance of getting in!

Hmmm Im thinking i might be on a 'maybe' pile of sorts if other people turn down their place?
got an unconditional for fine art photography a few weeks back!

anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest