The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by ewanmccaffrey
got an unconditional for fine art photography a few weeks back!

anyone else?

yep me, are you going to accept?
Does anybody knows anyone on 2nd or 3rd year on Photography in GSA??
Reply 362
Original post by rayray12310
yeah they should, but from reading last year's thread i get the impression that they are pretty bad in terms of communication and general info, like has anybody here with an offer actually heard anything from them?

I had a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago for Architecture and i've noticed the lack of communication too. At first i thought that it was because they accidentally offered me a place because of their new system thing but it turned out to be genuine (phew!)

Anyhow, I've been checking my emails and post everyday thinking that they'd send some accommodation information, if not an acknowledgement of my placement! So as i haven't heard anything, i started another thread titled "GSA Student Accommodation" which i'm hoping any offer holders will keep an eye on or post any help.

As i'm not from Glasgow, nor Scotland, I really have no idea what to look for concerning accommodation, so i'll be happy with what i'm given, i'd just like to know as much information as possible and become aware of all my options. I see some people have mentioned UNITE accommodation- what is that?
Reply 363
Original post by Super A
I had a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago for Architecture and i've noticed the lack of communication too. At first i thought that it was because they accidentally offered me a place because of their new system thing but it turned out to be genuine (phew!)

Anyhow, I've been checking my emails and post everyday thinking that they'd send some accommodation information, if not an acknowledgement of my placement! So as i haven't heard anything, i started another thread titled "GSA Student Accommodation" which i'm hoping any offer holders will keep an eye on or post any help.

As i'm not from Glasgow, nor Scotland, I really have no idea what to look for concerning accommodation, so i'll be happy with what i'm given, i'd just like to know as much information as possible and become aware of all my options. I see some people have mentioned UNITE accommodation- what is that?

yeah, same here and still no letter or anything from them. I already booked my room with unite as i found a great offer for just 99 pounds per week and its only a 10 minute walk from skypark campus (where i am pretty sure that architecture will also be based next year?) and you have an ensuite bathroom which is always great.
Reply 364
Hi guys, just to let you know i'm new to this haha. But yeah, i've got an unconditional for architecture at GSA, and the course will still stay in the Mac, it wont be moving to the SkyPark, and yeah i had to wait a while for my reply but it was well worth it
Reply 365
oh right cool. i wasn't sure about it moving to skypark. im kind of gelous that ill be in skypark for the first year! hhaha! how long did you have to wait for the confirmation letter?
Reply 366
Original post by mrzmar
oh right cool. i wasn't sure about it moving to skypark. im kind of gelous that ill be in skypark for the first year! hhaha! how long did you have to wait for the confirmation letter?

Yeah the its only the design subjects that are in the Skypark until the new building is built , and i went for a GSA interveiw and waited a month before i heard i got an offer. Soon after that i accepted them and it took UCAS 2 weeks to mail me a paper copy of the confirmation. GSA still hasn't notified me but i'm assuming they've received my acceptance, i'm thinking about emailing them soon asking what happens next
Reply 367
oh ok. yeah, i got the offer about a week and a half after my interview but i was worried about them not sending me a confirmation letter although its good to hear that no one got them yet. I was thinkning of e-mailing them also but ill wait a few more weeks before doing that. Im still waiting on UCAS though and its already been about 3-4 weeks.
Reply 368
Got an unconditional for Photography second year!!! Anyone else going to second year?
yep me, are you going to accept?

yeah accepted a few days ago! so excited! you think you're gonna accept?
Reply 370
yeah accepted a few days ago! so excited! you think you're gonna accept?

yep, about three weeks ago, really excited but just wish they would send us something, anything
I applied for Fine Art Photography (2nd year) and sent an online portfolio at the end of January and I still haven't heard anything, yet people here are getting unconditionals? I'm really stressed out.
Reply 372
Original post by golden_years
I applied for Fine Art Photography (2nd year) and sent an online portfolio at the end of January and I still haven't heard anything, yet people here are getting unconditionals? I'm really stressed out.

definitely worth emailing them to see what's happened with ur portfolio :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 373
Anyone heard anything post firming their offer yet?
Reply 374
Original post by kmorgan
Anyone heard anything post firming their offer yet?

nothing. it's kind of annoying but i hav sent of my accommodation application and had an email saying it wnt be processed till june.
definitely worth emailing them to see what's happened with ur portfolio :/

Since I made that post I've emailed them 3 times and rang them at least 5 or 6 times and I'm getting no response. I don't want to go to GSA if that's how they treat people.
got an unconditional for fine art photography a few weeks back!

anyone else?

Hi, this might seem a bit weird but are you Robbie Barnes' friend?.. he mentioned someone called Ewan is doing Fine Art Photography.. I've accepted my place on Communication Design today :smile:
Reply 377
hey anyone else going to skypark thinking about Unite accomadation?? think thats the way im going!
Reply 378
Oh btw guys I was on the GSA registry fb page and apparently they'll be sending out the official letters in Tuesday so hopefully we'll get some proper information.
Does anyone is about to visit GSA Photography dep soon??

Quick Reply

Latest