The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by rayray12310
Oh btw guys I was on the GSA registry fb page and apparently they'll be sending out the official letters in Tuesday so hopefully we'll get some proper information.

ahh great! finally
Reply 381
oh and if you guys haven't already seen it, all the up to date gsa accommodation info is up on the site http://www.gsa.ac.uk/life/student-services/student-welfare/accommodation/gsa-student-accommodation/ XD
Reply 382
Original post by EilzMac
hey anyone else going to skypark thinking about Unite accomadation?? think thats the way im going!

I already booked my housing with UNITE! flat 314 haha
Reply 383
at Kelvin Court, i forgot to mention :smile:
Hi does anyone know what sort of A level requirements Glasgow usually goes for for something like drawing, printmaking or fine art? Also do you know how portfolio based it is?
Reply 385
Original post by Felicity Scott
Hi does anyone know what sort of A level requirements Glasgow usually goes for for something like drawing, printmaking or fine art? Also do you know how portfolio based it is?

AAB or above i'd say. The portfolio is the most important part, as with all art schools.
thanks!
Reply 387
Original post by Felicity Scott

for glasgow it's ABB but it is more about your portfolio, i'd say grades are most important when say they are deciding between two candidates with similar portfolios(tho dnt bother applying if you're way off, is what they say). plus they do give unconditionals for students coming straight from a levels.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 388
Got an unconditional for painting and printmaking :smile: BOOOOOM! So happy after the all the crazyness that happened with GSA. And yeah they do give it to people straight out of high school because I am 17, just finishing my last year.

It was torture though because I was first told I'd been unsuccessful, then 30 days later I get an email telling me they'd made and error and I actually have an interview. It was okay though because I was still determined to find some way to get them to look at my folio so it all worked out in the end. They said the system crashed and my interview was sent to another applicant whilst I'd gotten their rejection. The guys at the interview said this year has been terrible for GSA due to all the technical difficulties. I can forgive them for all the hassle though because GSA is my first choice so the unconditional makes up for it.

Has anyone confirmed the fact that they'll be going to GSA?
Reply 389
has anyone thought about going for private accomodation?
Reply 390
@lilnibras congratulations!!! :smile: ive already confirmed my place about a month ago but they still havent sent anything out yet. ive only received the UCAS confirmation letter.

@mhlc i did (by private i mean unite) simply because its a guranteed place and i dont have to wait and see if i get accepted by uni housing. also, where ill be staying is closer to the skypark building than uni housing. :smile:
Hello. I'm the annoying person who was complaining about not getting contacted for 3 months.... but I got through to the art department this morning, had a phone interview at 2pm and found out I got an unconditional 30 minutes later (Fine Art Photography). I'm so happy that it's all sorted out now!

Planning on going up to visit maybe next week before I accept my offer. I need to ring up and ask but yay :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by golden_years
Hello. I'm the annoying person who was complaining about not getting contacted for 3 months.... but I got through to the art department this morning, had a phone interview at 2pm and found out I got an unconditional 30 minutes later (Fine Art Photography). I'm so happy that it's all sorted out now!

Planning on going up to visit maybe next week before I accept my offer. I need to ring up and ask but yay :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:

But the lack of contact doesn't stop there :/ I received an offer in March and they still haven't sent me a letter in the post. I emailed them last week and still haven't had a response, both to my email and to my acceptance of my offer...

But anyway, you might not have that problem- I might be the only one :/
Reply 393
Original post by mrzmar
I already booked my housing with UNITE! flat 314 haha

aww haha im in G01!! got a reduced price but meant i was stuck with no choice lol!

wonder if there will be many art students in there im quite nervous about who i will have to share with !
will good to know who it is before i get there!!
Reply 394
yea sorry, at kelvin court too ha!!
Reply 395
Original post by EilzMac
aww haha im in G01!! got a reduced price but meant i was stuck with no choice lol!

wonder if there will be many art students in there im quite nervous about who i will have to share with !
will good to know who it is before i get there!!

THATS GREAT! haha! i was sosososo scared that there would be virtually no art students ....
yeah, i got a reduced price as well but it was the first promo so practically all rooms were free and ive still only got one flat mate which... isnt the best.
yeah, it would e great getting to know them before getting there but also just knowing that im not the only art student is amazzzinnggg! hahah
Reply 396
Original post by mrzmar
THATS GREAT! haha! i was sosososo scared that there would be virtually no art students ....
yeah, i got a reduced price as well but it was the first promo so practically all rooms were free and ive still only got one flat mate which... isnt the best.
yeah, it would e great getting to know them before getting there but also just knowing that im not the only art student is amazzzinnggg! hahah

I know me too!!
like i kinda started regretting it thinking i shoulda gone to official halls, but w.e.. :smile: itll be cool!
yea ive only got one so far too! no one wants to be in my flat lol :frown:
but yea, seeeya theeeree :smile:
Reply 397
hey, I've been surfing the net a bit, trying to get some info on GSA, then I came across the student room. Never used this before, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I've also gotten an unconditional offer to study photography first year and I was hoping to get some contact with some other students or any sort of info. I'm sure the uni is pretty busy at the moment, but they're just not replying. what are you guys doing accommodation wise? when does everything start? it's just pretty stressful for me, I live in Germany never been to glasgow and feel kind of lost.

thanks !
Reply 398
is anyone going in for 2nd year? also- is anyone trying to not go for uni accomodation/ is looking for a flatshare/ house share?
Reply 399
Original post by sorayaj
hey, I've been surfing the net a bit, trying to get some info on GSA, then I came across the student room. Never used this before, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I've also gotten an unconditional offer to study photography first year and I was hoping to get some contact with some other students or any sort of info. I'm sure the uni is pretty busy at the moment, but they're just not replying. what are you guys doing accommodation wise? when does everything start? it's just pretty stressful for me, I live in Germany never been to glasgow and feel kind of lost.

thanks !

hey! Yeah They haven't replied to be either, I wrote to them asking about information about private accomodation/ how to find houses/ flats/ rooms that are being rented out.. I think on the website or on ucas you can see when the course starts. I am also feeling a little overwhelmed with not really knowing much about glasgow :/

Quick Reply

Latest