The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
got a letter from gsa firming my offer today. actually really happy bc there was a small voice in the back of my head telling me that there was a mistake, what with all the technical difficulties they'd been having. XD
This might seem a stupid question, but what happens with Fresher's Week? When does it start and does the Painting/Printmaking course (starts 1st September) start before it? It's all a bit confusing, but at least they've sent me a letter now...!
Reply 402
does anyone know the actual date the Textiles course starts?? just says september :/
Reply 403
has anyone thought about accommodation? I sent in my application for the dorms but I know there are only a few spots so I was wondering what other solutions are there?
Reply 404
See that a few people are also considering flat sharing etc! I am seriously doubting I will get into halls, and cause I'm doing Architecture at the school and not skypark campus, thought that Unite might be too far away.. (maybe not?). I have some friends in the same position going to strathclyde, but if they get halls there then I'm screwed and alone! So yea, anyone needing a possible flatmate?! haha CREEPS NEED NOT APPLY :biggrin:
Reply 405
Original post by Steel701
See that a few people are also considering flat sharing etc! I am seriously doubting I will get into halls, and cause I'm doing Architecture at the school and not skypark campus, thought that Unite might be too far away.. (maybe not?). I have some friends in the same position going to strathclyde, but if they get halls there then I'm screwed and alone! So yea, anyone needing a possible flatmate?! haha CREEPS NEED NOT APPLY :biggrin:

Yeah Im considering flat sharing, any suggestions on where to look for possible flat sharing/ flats offered? I emailed to ask them if they could send me info on private accomodation, but they havent emailed me back..
Reply 406
haha Steel701, I'm also going to be studying Architecture :biggrin: and I'm open to the idea of flat sharing it's just that I don't even know where to start looking ...
I got a letter from them a about a week ago confirming my offer. I'm going to see the uni/city on Wednesday and I applied for accommodation a while ago, for the old school house and margaret mcdonald house.
Reply 408
glad to know another person who's doing Architecture! I was just thinking about looking at different letting agents online? Though I'm going to wait to see til they get back to me about halls and see what some of my friends are doing by the end of the month. Urgh it's so stressful! I'm also going to ask some students I know in glasgow about what they will recommend and any advice, I will let you all know! haha :smile:
Reply 409
I want to know everyone else that's definitely going to GSA. It would be nice to be able to see quick listing of everyone going, what course they're studying, year etc. That way you can meet other's doing the same thing as you. So if you know you're going for sure or have set your mind on it post

Course
Year you're going into
What you're thinking in terms of accommodation

So for me that would be

Painting & Printmaking, first year and I've applied to GSA's accommodation and I am reaaaally hoping for Margaret Mcdonald House
Reply 410
fine art photography, first year, old school house X)
Reply 411
Painting and printmaking, year 2,
Reply 412
Architecture, 1st year, Margaret Macdonald or Old School House if I'm lucky or will look for a shared flat!
Fine Art Photography, 1st year, Old School House (2nd choice Margaret Macdonald house) :smile:
hello! i'm not attending this year, but i hope i will be next year. i decided to try out a technical theatre conservatory, and it's not so great, so now i'd like to attend U of Glasgow for theatre studies (i'm a technician) and history! I'd love to network a bit!
Reply 415
i think i remember some people on here wondering about term dates, basically the ucas one is just a rough guidline, a generic thing whereby uni's choose from the options, the date which is closest to their own.

accommodation move in day is Saturday 8th September (personally gutted i'm missing berlin festival lol)
induction week is 10th-14th (i'm assuming that's the same as freshers)
term starts on the 17th

all the term date info is here http://www.gsa.ac.uk/media/212334/term_dates_for_2012-13.pdfhttp://www.gsa.ac.uk/media/212334/term_dates_for_2012-13.pdf

:biggrin:
Hi everyone,

Well, I know I'm a litlle bit late, but If someone please could help me...

Does anyone know if there's any possibility to apply for the Glasgow School of Art's undergraduated degree for fine art photography that will start in september?

Is there a second chance? I didn't send any application yet.

Thanks a lot, and congratulations to all of you who got in... for the rest... patience... :smile:
Fine Art Photography, year 1
travelling from Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by rayray12310
i think i remember some people on here wondering about term dates, basically the ucas one is just a rough guidline, a generic thing whereby uni's choose from the options, the date which is closest to their own.

accommodation move in day is Saturday 8th September (personally gutted i'm missing berlin festival lol)
induction week is 10th-14th (i'm assuming that's the same as freshers)
term starts on the 17th

all the term date info is here http://www.gsa.ac.uk/media/212334/term_dates_for_2012-13.pdfhttp://www.gsa.ac.uk/media/212334/term_dates_for_2012-13.pdf

:biggrin:

Hi there, I'm wondering about any tersm, schedule dates but link that you posted seems doesn't work. Can you post it once again please?
Reply 419
Original post by words are missing
Hi there, I'm wondering about any tersm, schedule dates but link that you posted seems doesn't work. Can you post it once again please?

here you are http://www.gsa.ac.uk/media/212334/term_dates_for_2012-13.pdf

but just in case, to find it i typed in "term dates" in the gsa search bar. clicked on the first result and on the right hand side there's a link for a pdf term dates 2012-2013.

Quick Reply

Latest