The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
via this website: http://application.gsa.ac.uk/ . Keep in mind, the deadline is the 27th of January
Reply 41
yeah the deadline is the 27... but it means that i have to upload my mini portfolio no later than 23.59 on the 27? or no later than 23.59 on the 26? :confused:
Reply 42
tbh, I wouldn't risk by uploading it on the 27th.... just try to get it ready as soon as you can and well, if I were you, I'd do it by the end of 26th
is anyone willing to post there digital folios? haha
im uploading mines tomorrow, would be good to see some examples :P
x
Reply 44
I've applied for Architecture and in all honesty I'm bricking it especially about GSA and ECA. I just don't think I'm talented enough for art school. I hope what I've got in my portfolio hopefully proves otherwise though. Still waiting to hear about Interviews from any of my choices.
Reply 45
do you guys know on average, how many students they take on on each course? because I've talked with this girl and apparently she gave a very low number for the fashion design course, kinda freaked me out
Reply 46
Original post by MattXLink
I've applied for Architecture and in all honesty I'm bricking it especially about GSA and ECA. I just don't think I'm talented enough for art school. I hope what I've got in my portfolio hopefully proves otherwise though. Still waiting to hear about Interviews from any of my choices.

I'm in exactly the same situation :biggrin:

GSA sent my an e-mail inviting me to book a date for an interview, however, in the document attached to the e-mail (Interview Process Advice Jan 2012) it's stated that non-uk applicants are not required to go to an interview but submit a statement of intent and a portfolio. So, I am wodering if they'll e-mail me again to sort out the details or I should e-mail them and ask.

As far as Edinburgh, I haven't heard from them since they sent me my MyEd details :frown:
Reply 47
Deadline's over, I'll be interested to see what everyone's portfolios are like. I am just trying to think of where to post/host mines first and then I'll share
Original post by Ruta V
do you guys know on average, how many students they take on on each course? because I've talked with this girl and apparently she gave a very low number for the fashion design course, kinda freaked me out

I think they took nine students for the course I had a place on, so they gave out at least ten offers.
Reply 49
Original post by caiitlinz
I think they took nine students for the course I had a place on, so they gave out at least ten offers.

what course was it exactly? like fashion related or? because that is indeed a very very low number :frown:
Reply 50
I know someone who's a first year fine art photography student and she says there are 20 of them in total.
Reply 51
Original post by rayray12310
I know someone who's a first year fine art photography student and she says there are 20 of them in total.

Is she enjoying the course?
Reply 52
I applied for Product Design, at GSA. I had internet problems on the deadline day, I figured it out that my firewall was blocking the uploading thing.. I just sent it yesterday (27th). I get the e-mail confirmation right after sending it. I hope they still consider my application :frown:
Reply 53
Original post by Senika
Is she enjoying the course?

yep, apart from home sickness she says it's really great and this is just my opinion but the work she's producing now is like ten times better than what she was doing at a level and it's only been 4months.

she also said that there is a lot of competition for first year from mature and foundation applicants, in addition to a level applicants and it seems like the ones from a level who are successful are people who explore mature themes and whose work is on par with those of the mature and foundation applicants
Reply 54
Original post by rayray12310
yep, apart from home sickness she says it's really great and this is just my opinion but the work she's producing now is like ten times better than what she was doing at a level and it's only been 4months.

she also said that there is a lot of competition for first year from mature and foundation applicants, in addition to a level applicants and it seems like the ones from a level who are successful are people who explore mature themes and whose work is on par with those of the mature and foundation applicants

Thanks a lot :smile:
I've applied GSA painting and print making, i'm just waiting on to be called for a interview!!!!!
Reply 56
called for interview! Product Design , GSA
Reply 57
Original post by VSilva
called for interview! Product Design , GSA

Congrats! I hope they'll be sending their answers for Photography soon.
i also applied for painting and printmaking, i uploaded my portfolio on the deadline date... they said it wasnt too late.
when did you guys who have been called for an interview upload your folios? do you know how big a percentage of applicants who get an interview actually get into the school? i really hope i'll get an e-mail soon...

ps. someone who also applied for painting and printmaking was asking to see other apllicants' folios, well i dont want to upload mine anywhere but maybe we could exchange e-mail addresses and send each other some of the images we included in our folios?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
It's good to hear from another painting and printmaking applicant.

Quick Reply

Latest