The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayray12310
yh when i was at my interview for photog they said that painting hadnt even sent out all their interviews yet and are taking longer bc of the amount of applicants---kind of annoying as all fine art departments have to send out decisions at the same time so its gna be a while before i get a reply, more annoying for you guys who are waiting tho.

Original post by smschneider
what course did you apply for? i applied for painting and printmaking and haven't heard back yet either. i don't think anyone has for that course at least=)

Ive applied for both Textiles and Interior Design, and as theyve handed out interviews for Textiles im positive i didnt get in to that :frown:
Reply 141
Has anyone got an interview for vis comm?? I'm stressing out!
Reply 142
Original post by Senika
Oh cool, so it is possible to have a phone interview! Where are you from? :smile:

I am from Portugal :smile:
Original post by tani.
Has anyone got an interview for vis comm?? I'm stressing out!

I haven't heard yet either !

they're taking the biscuit now lol

surely we'll hear tomorrow they cant leave it much later
Reply 144
Does anyone know when they're giving out Painting and Printmaking interviews/rejections? It's been ages now..
Hi :smile:

I had my interview for Interior Design today, it was very informal. They took my portfolio first to look at it on their own and invited me in afterwards. Just the kind of questions you'd expect. Why interior design? What piece of your work do you think is best? What would you change? What interiors have inspired you? What interiors haven't you liked? They also picked a few pages from a sketchbook and asked me to talk a bit about them. Only lasted about 15-20 minutes, including time for me to ask a few questions of my own. Apparently i'll hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Don't get stressed out about it, I heard a lot of horror stories about other people's interviews but from my experience it was not too bad at all. I think a lot of departments are slower in handing out interviews as well.
Reply 146
has anyone heard back from painting and printmaking? or have any idea when they are going to hand out interviews?
Original post by strawberryfieldss
Hi :smile:

I had my interview for Interior Design today, it was very informal. They took my portfolio first to look at it on their own and invited me in afterwards. Just the kind of questions you'd expect. Why interior design? What piece of your work do you think is best? What would you change? What interiors have inspired you? What interiors haven't you liked? They also picked a few pages from a sketchbook and asked me to talk a bit about them. Only lasted about 15-20 minutes, including time for me to ask a few questions of my own. Apparently i'll hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Don't get stressed out about it, I heard a lot of horror stories about other people's interviews but from my experience it was not too bad at all. I think a lot of departments are slower in handing out interviews as well.

aw thanks for posting this! i have mine tomorrow, kinda good to know what's coming! not sure what i'll say for inspiring interiors, will have to think about that one :L good luck hearing back :smile:
Original post by imagineit
Hi! Im still waiting to hear back, what time of they year did you receive your interview? Also whats the accomodation like?

Hi! I had my interview very early (I was on the first day)... think it may have been end of Feb. I live in Margaret Macdonald House and I think it's fine, it is cheap compared to most other uni's accomodation - kitchen is massive! And if you request a shared bathroom you only end up sharing with one other person which is amazing. It's very close to town - 5 mins walk to city centre and night clubs are literally down the hill. (hope this was helpful...). P.s. which course did you apply to?
Original post by madrassnuff
Hi, I'm applying for Fine Art Photography, and I have my interview soon so I just wanted to ask you how the interview was last year if that's alright? Like was it a group interview, did they take your portfolio and then look at it without you or...? Any info is much appreciated, cheers.

Hope you get this before your interveiw... First of all the fine art dept. is very different from design, so what i'm telling you could have no relevance whatsoever. I am not aware of anyone who had a group interview last year. Mine was with two tutors - they took my portfolio to look through whilst I waited outside (most horrifyingly long wait ever) before inviting you in for the interview. They asked me the kind of questions you'd expect - why gsa, why fashion, strengths, weaknesses, designers you like, designers you don't like. I honestly can't remember it very well - I tend to blank out nervous situations. I think the best thing you can do is know your portfolio literally talk through it to yourself in your room, ask yourself potential interview questions then answer them allowed - get really comfortable with your portfolio and the idea of an interview and you'll be as well prepared as possible! I read the course overview about 5 times aswell which I think was well appreciated in my interview - I knew what I was talking about. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by 91632
Hey! You don't happen to know when they'll be giving out Painting and Printmaking interviews do you? Is it quite late on?

Thanks! :biggrin:

My flatmates from p+p were told that they are still going through internet portfolios, so not to worry :smile: it seems late on to me but I think perhaps painting is always later on - they get so many applications! good luck
i phoned today and asked when we should hear or wheather we should have by now and he asked what course i applied to.
when i said communication design he say "ohh communication design and painting are courses with the most applicants so theyre still being decided and you should hear in the next week or so"
apparently no painting and printmaking or communication design offers/rejections have been decided yet so dont stress if you've not heard yet.
Reply 152
Original post by littleliongirl<3
i phoned today and asked when we should hear or wheather we should have by now and he asked what course i applied to.
when i said communication design he say "ohh communication design and painting are courses with the most applicants so theyre still being decided and you should hear in the next week or so"
apparently no painting and printmaking or communication design offers/rejections have been decided yet so dont stress if you've not heard yet.

Thanks for the info!
Reply 153
interviews tomorrow :frown: im terrified! wish me luck!
Reply 154
Original post by EilzMac
interviews tomorrow :frown: im terrified! wish me luck!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 155
I'm from India and applied for Painting and Printmaking.I've already had my interview.It went really well and the reception was pretty positive.But I still need to go through a pile of paperworks and formalities before GSA decides on the verdict.:s-smilie:

For those who will be having their interviews soon,good luck guys!!Everything will be okay :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by SunshineC
I'm from India and applied for Painting and Printmaking.I've already had my interview.It went really well and the reception was pretty positive.But I still need to go through a pile of paperworks and formalities before GSA decides on the verdict.:s-smilie:

For those who will be having their interviews soon,good luck guys!!Everything will be okay :smile:

Cool! Did you have a phone interview?
Reply 157
Original post by Senika
Cool! Did you have a phone interview?

Nope.The faculty from GSA came to Mumbai.
Reply 158
So no one else (other than above) heard a thing about Painting and Printmaking yet ?
Reply 159
Original post by 2Dogs
So no one else (other than above) heard a thing about Painting and Printmaking yet ?

Nope! Nothing at all

Quick Reply

Latest